From Foran to Frawley. 5 into 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Frawley/Foran combo I think would work well similar to the Melbourne halves over the years.....Reynolds to hooker I think his energy would be great there and he would back up runners very well for offloads, can kick 40/20's from dummy half as well

with josh at hook and two good thinking halves you would have a good match of energy, thought, structure and ability

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd move on

Graham.... (massively backend deal though apparently)
Tolman
Lichaa
Eastwood
Mbye...... (on big coin even if we flicked him and payed part of it, a club like knights maybe desperate enough to cover most of it)
Eastwood.... (again got me stuffed why we extended his contract...useless, getting someone to cover a decent chunk maybe hard)

and possibly the 2 morris boys, both aging and past their best and both have contracts ending next year also on big coin
Can we cover all those loses for positions. Number 9 we may be able to cover and whoever comes in can't be worse than Lichaa. The rest of the positions I'm not sure about. Benko Lee is great and Holland isn't terrible, but who covers the other centre position, who covers the fullback position, who covers the workhorse prop positions, and will a young team be that effective?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Frawley/Foran combo I think would work well similar to the Melbourne halves over the years.....Reynolds to hooker I think his energy would be great there and he would back up runners very well for offloads, can kick 40/20's from dummy half as well

with josh at hook and two good thinking halves you would have a good match of energy, thought, structure and ability
He can't pass a ball lol. Reynolds is a terrible option at hooker.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's simple. Mbye at 5/8, Foran at 1/2 and Lichaa at hooker. It was mentioned in previous threads that Lichaa and Foran have the same Managers and re-signing Lichaa was vital to getting Foran. Reynolds will probably go the Dragons, Tigers or Auburn warriors

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not about the current skill, it's about the potential. Every game Frawley has played he has turned our team from struggling has beens into a winning force. Foran hasn't done the same for the Warriors. He's provided individual brilliance but he hasn't lead the team.

But it's the potential which is the worrying part. People are worried if Frawley leaves he'll go on to be another Thurston.
Just like everyone was worried we were going to lose Mybe (another Thurston the first time around).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just like everyone was worried we were going to lose Mybe (another Thurston the first time around).
From memory at the time all Mbye had done was throw a single cut out pass that looked good.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd move on

Graham.... (massively backend deal though apparently)
Tolman
Lichaa
Eastwood
Mbye...... (on big coin even if we flicked him and payed part of it, a club like knights maybe desperate enough to cover most of it)
Eastwood.... (again got me stuffed why we extended his contract...useless, getting someone to cover a decent chunk maybe hard)

and possibly the 2 morris boys, both aging and past their best and both have contracts ending next year also on big coin
4. Brenko
5. Montoya
6. Reynolds
7. Foran
8. Klemmer
10. Woods
11. Jackson
12. RFM

ignore the bench for now

1. Dylan Edwards
2. Kyle Feldt
3. James Roberts
4. Brenko lee
5. Marcelo Montoya
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Foran
8. Klemmer
9. Nathan Peats
10. Woods
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Elijah Taylor??????

14. Kasiano
15. Fualolo
16. Elliot
17. Frawley

I don't know but these are potential replacements.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mybe..... I just don't like Mbye lol and $750,000 per season for a failed half to play hooker? na
It's a bit too expensive for a hooker but if he as like he played there last week, he may be worth it.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Josh can't handle the defensive side of playing in the hooking role... he has bung shoulders and wouldn't last half a season making 40 tackles a game.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I just don't know if his brain can handle a full season of NRL in the halves either....don't get me wrong I love the guy but whenever we get in a tight match and the pressure is on I start getting really nervous of those brain explosions and we've seen in the past that it can be more than one...if it happens early enough he can have at least 3 of them in one game

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm all for a Foran/Frawley half combo. Imagine how much a cool headed young talent like Frawley would learn playing and training alongside someone like Foran.

Mybe to hooker or maybe fullback for mine. No idea how he goes under a high ball or if he understands positional play in that position but he has speed to burn.

Love Reynolds energy but as others have said there are huge doubts he could do the defensive work at hooker and we can't afford 500-600K for a utility bench player.

Lichha and Reynolds should go for mine

Last edited:

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We also have Adam Keighran
I've seen his name pop up here a few times.

Is he another 5/8 type ball runner? He must have decent wraps on him but I'm guessing he would be at least another full preseason away. How old is he?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have seen a few mention this but has he ever played there before? Not really a position that we could risk him on the run. Maybe with a pre season that could be another option.
He played a lot of his junior football there. I doubt theres any chance he will play there this year, but like you said with an offseason training there i think he would be dynamic in the fullba k position.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like the news .. this will rattle the players.
I agree but lets be honest the team/club needed more than a rattle, it needed an earthquake shake to perform after the past 2-3 years especially.
We are going for a premiership and nothing else matters.
Players know its a business and if they don't perform they are gone just as if another club offers them something they like they would be gone as well.
I like loyalty and familiarity but the NRL is not that place any more, for better or worse.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
At least foran will make the woods pill easier to swallow,lichaa and reynolds are done.
7-frawley
9-mbye
6-foran
hopefully foran leaves all his stupid off feild shit at the warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.