Friends that move far away then expect a "big show" when they are in town?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few friends (and family) that have packed up out of Sydney and moved away to either QLD or even overseas.

I respect their decisions as they have their reasons but also we can't ignore its their decision to move ship.

But then at usually short notice they come into town for whatever reasons and expect everyone to gather round and see them.. Then they get all stroppy if you don't move mountains in an effort to meet up. They turn up in November for instance and want a Xmas catch up or turn up somewhere and want a dinner to celebrate a few peoples birthday concurrently.

Then They have the nerve to say why don't I ever visit them?

But it was their decision to move away, So they should have to carry the extra burden to make effort to catch up with everyone at their convenience.

They are trying to kill 10 birds with one stone by trying to organise a get together so they don't have to run around and see everyone..

I'm onto them, they can move away but cant expect a big show when they come into town. agree ? or are you the mover that expects everyone to celebrate your return??

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
It is funny you say that because my missus parents and only sisters family and a few friends moved from Sydney to the Central Coast a few years back and I cop the shit for not making the effort. My missus hates it because she use to see them all the time.. sorry we use to see them all quite often but now it’s like it’s a holiday for us to drive 2 and a half hours to see them each way. But fuck that. Lucky us. I often say nup don’t feel like doing that on a Sunday they moved away not us.

My biggest thing is the bagging of Sydney like they didn’t live their for 45 years and the requests we get to shop at the Haberfield iga because that’s where they owned for their entire life and could get actual salami not Woolworths ham.

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It is funny you say that because my missus parents and only sisters family and a few friends moved from Sydney to the Central Coast a few years back and I cop the shit for not making the effort. My missus hates it because she use to see them all the time.. sorry we use to see them all quite often but now it’s like it’s a holiday for us to drive 2 and a half hours to see them each way. But fuck that. Lucky us. I often say nup don’t feel like doing that on a Sunday they moved away not us.

My biggest thing is the bagging of Sydney like they didn’t live their for 45 years and the requests we get to shop at the Haberfield iga because that’s where they owned for their entire life and could get actual salami not Woolworths ham.
Sounds like a load of baloney to me!!!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

See you get it… I have a friend that moved to New Zealand and everytime she comes back she expects everyone to bend every which way for her.. she moved.. not me.. I’m happy to Meet up when she is overseas… fly back then

Also a family member that moved past coffs harbour a good 10 years ago and every time they come down they say that I’ve never driven up that way to see them.. but they moved not me? It’s like they feel like they make all the effort and I won’t budge an inch.

When they bag out Sydney I remind them how property prices have shot away from them and coffs harbour hasnt moved at near the same rate. moving out of Sydney as I say is a one way ticket as they will never afford to comeback.

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240402_145533_Chrome.jpg

Boost... I was refering to the bolded last paragraph. Nice to meat you btw...

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Sounds like a load of baloney to me!!!
Baloney ? More like Mortadella or Prosciutto if we are talking Haberfield IGA.[emoji23]

On the topic. I grew up in Sydney (Haberfield/Concord/Abbotsford)

I moved before Covid to northern nsw.

I can’t be fkd seeing anyone except for my family when I come back because a few days is just enough to see parents, sister and nephews. Each time I come I pick (on rotation), a cousin or aunt / uncle. Family / Blood runs thicker than water.

If I come for more than a few days, all my mates want to see me and make time if they can. If they can’t, well there’s always next time.

If your friends or family don’t want to see you or are too busy all the time, then that’s saying something. Maybe better you moved away.

And Sydney will always be the best fucking city in the world. I moved because it didn’t suit my lifestyle anymore and I wanted and needed change to reignite my life and career. Moving here has done exactly that. My only gripe with Sydney is that it’s not the same as it was in the 80s/90s, but everywhere changes and gentrifies. That’s life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The reason I don't visit the Central Coast is because 2 thirds of Mount druitt, Saint Mary's and Penrith residents moved there.
As far as I'm concerned the central coast is west Sydney by the sea!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you’re not sure about a community before you move, I’d suggest go to their local Bunnings and observe for a few hours. You see all the rubbish people from that community

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't have friends, tell everyone to fuck off your a pack of brainwashed sheep.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The only time I'll go out of the way to see them is if they're genuine about it.

For example, there's this chick who I used to work with. We were both going to be holidaying in Europe at the same time. She actually wanted to meet up while we were both there. Anyway we couldn't arrange it as we would be in different parts of Europe at the times we were both actually there, however her desire wanting to catch up means that I'll go out of my way to meet her next time her and I are in the same area. Nothing massive though... for instance she's in Canada now and if she's in Toronto and I'm in Montreal, there's no way I'll go to meet her... only if it's convenient to both of us.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never!

You replying to this with that attitude proves you're a sheep in denial!
No attitude here, you're just keep harping on about something that's long over.

Vaccinated, non vaccinated who fucking cares (aside from you)

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I once went to Fiji and by absolute fluke I was on the same flight to Fiji as a friend. We by coincidence also caught the exact same flight on the way back. But in Fiji despite saying we will catch up,, didn’t see em.. only on flight over and back

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another friend we were trying to catch up for a good 4-5 years and then we both went to las vegas together for 8 days… had the best time ever.. since we got back we have not caught up in 5 years.. live 1 hour away…

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Another friend we were trying to catch up for a good 4-5 years and then we both went to las vegas together for 8 days… had the best time ever.. since we got back we have not caught up in 5 years.. live 1 hour away…
I have a mate that just dropped of the face of the earth he’s still alive because various people have seen him looking well ect. We went to school together and grew up partying and went to weddings ect I stayed over his house many times knew his mum and brothers well got up to all sorts of silly things. He was a core part of a close group of school mates and obviously current mates now he lived with another of my good friends and one day just stopped answering his phone. It turned out he was seeing someone about his drug use and they told him to cut ties with anything that triggers it he was a bank manager at the time by the way. Now I’m not going to lie we grew up going to raves ect but all went on to have houses good jobs ect but apparently he was doing stuff beyond a fun Friday night ect and yeah never heard from him again. Been told he looks well but that’s all I know so bizarre. But we all miss the guy there were no dramas he just decided out friendship is no more. All the boys would have given their right arm to help him out with whatever he was going through but that’s that.

Last edited: