Opinion Fraud watch- RFM

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not been too impressed by him this year but yesterday I thought he was really average. At 6-6, we got a penalty, went upfield and first tackle he has the ball stolen from him and they then go and score up our end of the field. Real momentum changer in the game, we didnt have the ball after that for a good period and they put points on us. Not saying hes at fault for all the points scored, we defended awfully as a team but to lose the ball first tackle and get it stolen is unforgivable on their line, if we score there who knows, could be a different game. He also missed the tackle on SJ vs warriors in what was the deciding moment in that game forgetting the bad obstruction call. I like RFM, seems like a great clubman and loves the dogs but his level of rugby needs to improve big time. Interested to hear what other people think.

Last edited:

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What annoys me the most as well is we act clueless when it’s stripped from us hoping for a penalty! Like no it wasn’t 2 in the tackle you fucked up, get the fuck back up and own your mistake.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What annoys me the most as well is we act clueless when it’s stripped from us hoping for a penalty! Like no it wasn’t 2 in the tackle you fucked up, get the fuck back up and own your mistake.
RFM seems to have the ball stripped from him quite regularly from memory.

It looks like he has poor security and teams are going after him. Coaching staff need to address this.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was good in 2018 running off Foran, good off the bench as a prop in 2020. But been shit since then. Was really suprised they re-signed him for 3 years. Been meh this year. That rake, think they scored three tries back to back to back. Overall been no good to be honest.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon by years end he could be on the outer which will be awkward as a club captain, for mine Waddell has been better value or at least equal..

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He should be a bench forward. Probably will be once the team is sorted if we figure out who is going to play lock.

Bench should be RFM/Pele/Sutton/Utility
Hughes/Edwards over Sutton. Waddell will also probably go to the bench once Kikau is back.
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. TPJ
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Thompson
14. RFM
15. Pele
16. Hughes/Edwards
17. Oloapu

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was going to be a weapon, gets injured, plays a shit team so his a weapon in a poor team so he cant be good. Now his clearly to injured to be a weapon.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yea needs to go!!

Imagine if had of been able to nab Reynolds and Walsh , and yes I know it’s impossible and broncos are set for years to come. And we need A FB like that, barba had all the makings, and since then we have missed it.

A few class players in those important positions we are looking very good. Be good to see this club an Gus land a killer blow with a couple more top signings.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently...he was a weapon at some stage, it has me stuffed as to when that was.
Highly rated junior coming through the warriors. Never a weapon in FG. Has a good offload though. Doesn’t use it anymore.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raiders were stripping the ball heaps in yesterdays game.

People forget he missed almost all of 2021 and half of 2022 through injury.

2020 he was really solid before injury, and ironically last year (despite only playing 13 games), his average metres a game were over 100m a game.

When we get some more troops back, there won't be so much load on him.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just don't think he is up to it anymore

Doesn't make ground when he runs, doesn't hit hard in defence, doesn't offload anymore

As a leader he should be contributing alot more than he does. his tackling was soft and ineffective last night

Once Kikau is back I don't see RFM starting and I think before long he will be well down the pecking order

I don't see him as part of the team that we are building in the next couple of years.

There won't be any spots for plodders anymore.