Frankie Co-Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Frank Pritchard Joins Michael Ennis as Co-Captain

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs today announce that Frank Pritchard will join existing Captain Michael Ennis as a Co-Captain in season 2014.

With the amount of added responsibility on a Captain in the modern era around sponsorship, community and other Club commitments it has been decided that it is the best decision for the Club.

“There a lot of extra responsibilities that go into being a Captain at a Rugby League Club,” Ennis said. “I feel that having Frank alongside me is the best option for the team and we will work together to achieve the best possible result we can across all areas,” Ennis said.

Pritchard, 30, has been a part of the Leadership Group at the Club since 2012 and is happy to join Ennis in the position.

“We’ll work together as we have in the past and I’m proud to have been given the opportunity with Mick to be a Co-Captain of this great Club,” Pritchard said.

“There are a lot of extra commitments as a Captain of a rugby league Club and it is about managing the requirements and achieving the best outcome we can,” Coach Des Hasler said.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bye bye Ennis, you're on you're way out.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Seeing as Kasiano is very close with Pritchard, expect him to be announced as Co-Co-Captain

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could mean that Ennis will not be playing 80 minutes games in 2014....we might see a reshuffle and glimpses of Mbye...

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some good news that I'm actually happy with... Good choice!

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone for the kiwis to listen to. Good idea.
Maybe that explains why it wasn't Graham as co-captain. Thought Graham was a logical choice. He seems like the real leader out there.
But happy with Franky aswell. Best of luck to him.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Frank always gives 110% ,so glad his efforts have been recognized and rewarded.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could mean that Ennis will not be playing 80 minutes games in 2014....we might see a reshuffle and glimpses of Mbye...
My thoughts exactly.

It would be a positive move I think. Mbye would create some much needed speed around the ruck.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I like this news

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this is the first time we have done this co captain thing

we should make the 17 players co captains so that they can all blast the referees

btw who leads the team out? will it be an awkward conversation between ennis and pritchard?

"do you want to do it?

"oh no you can do it"

"ok"

"(*wtf why didnt he object and insist i do it*)"

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would imagine this has something to do with Ennis considering retirement too. Isn't this year his last on contract? and his body is on its way out.

Also - if I was a pessimist I might add that this kinda leads to a Graham less Dogs from '15 onwards

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Captains don't really have to play 80..not all NRL captains play the entire game..so if Mbye was used it'd be no dramas.
I'm more in the belief it has been done because the Refs just don't like Ennis..plain and simple..because it can't be because of his leadership skills. Regardless of your opinion of the bloke, as a player or person, as a leader he has been outstanding, when he's on the field he lifts the boys.
Personally I think it's dumb to have co-captains.. Have one captain who can communicate well with the ref and inspires the boys.. Now if they don't want Ennis just stand him down, no co-captains, but, honestly, I wouldn't be replacing him with the great Pritchard. That is not a shot at the Tank, he is a fantastic, tough as, inspirational player..but he is a doer not a communicator..geeze he'd be too buggered to talk to the ref! Choose a back..maybe Reynolds..but I'm of the opinion..one captain..one team!
ps I hope my opinion is completely changed by the end of the year as they both raise the Premiership trophy above their heads..although I do think the Tank will be holding most of the weight!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really don't know what I think of this right at the moment.
I have never been a fan of clubs having co captains. I have always like just 1 main captain with greater responsibility placed on the vice captain.
I have the upmost respect for a Frank and wish him all the best, and congratulate him for his promotion.

And as much as I respect Des and clearly he knows the boys better than any of us, but I would have thought other players like graham would have been a more likely selection.

I think Reynolds is a likely future captain but his time is a few years away.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hate co-captains. C and VC are so much better.

G

Grub

I think it was obvious in respect of ennis.
i hope it means that we play a fast attacking replacement off the bench.
we need some attack from somewhere next year, as everyone has says, 7 and 9 are too slow mad predictable.
lets hope this is the first of many game palms and changes for next year

A

Alexander the Great

I honestly think that James Graham should have been slotted in. It may have also acted to keep him around once his contract was done.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phew we dodged a bullet there thought we were going to chuck a Souffs and name the whole starting line-up as co-captains.

Status
Not open for further replies.