France 26 def Australia 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrCharisma

How good was it?

Definately was the highlight of my weekend.

--------------------
France kept up the pressure on Australia coach Eddie Jones with a stirring 10-point win in Marseille.
Cedric Heymans and Remy Martin both went over for tries while Jean-Baptiste Elissalde kicked two conversions and three penalties.

Australia's only try came from Drew Mitchell in the closing minutes while Mat Rogers had 11 points.

The defeat spoiled captain George Gregan's world record breaking 115th appearance for his country.

Australia have now lost six games in a row - their worst losing streak for 36 years.

France recovered from the early loss of Frederic Michalak with a shoulder injury after the fly-half had kicked over an early penalty.

Rogers levelled matters and Heymans went over for the first try to put France 10-3 ahead after 27 minutes before two Rogers penalties cut the gap to one point (10-9) at the break.

Elissalde's penalty put France 13-9 ahead early in the second half, and Martin crossed for a try, converted by Elissalde, to make it 20-9.

The Toulouse scrum-half then added two more penalties, before substitute winger Mitchell's late converted try.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
It is all part of the World Cup plan. Get thrashed for a few years leading up to the tournament then will 6 games in a row to win. Sounds like a great plan Eddie!!!!

W

Winston Smith

if that's all you got mr.c, you should've stayed in hiding

M

MrCharisma

I was hiding idiot, I'm never online during Thurs-Sat... and in this case, Sunday also since I was down in Sydney.

Frederick Michalak is a friggin legend... it's good to see him back from injury too

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
I was hiding idiot, I'm never online during Thurs-Sat... and in this case, Sunday also since I was down in Sydney.

Frederick Michalak is a friggin legend... it's good to see him back from injury too
The league boys need him instead of Harris! He should of stayed with Rugby.

W

Winston Smith

now you're union fan mr.c??? supporting france or whoever beats the aussies. how can you live in AUS and be against our country???

M

MrCharisma

I've always supported Union... but now there is something to gloat about. Mind you, I support England in rah rah... so I'm not jumping ships... so get off my back before you even think about starting

W

Winston Smith

who's on your back, mate. we're just discussing the game that AUSSIES won

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
god dammit i love the french. and yes, it's good to see michelak back these days. oh i love the french.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
holy shiit when i 1st read the heading i thought it was the rugby league not union lol

M

MrCharisma

fp11 said:
who's on your back, mate. we're just discussing the game that AUSSIES won
I don't know what you're talking about. I believe you are in the thread where FRANCE beat Australia

W

Winston Smith

that's correct mr.c. but the only reason you started this thread is because you had nothing else, because GB lost the league test. it's weak really. so, we ARE talking about how AUSSIES smashed he poms once again. i really like how we give you guys a hope and then take it all away in last 5 minutes. cruel.i know

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
The Aussie lineout was poor. The team is down in the dumps and The only time the French have lost at the Bullring was against Argentina. Hardly a match to gloat about.......... whatever floats your boat I suppose.

M

MrCharisma

Australia have real issues.... for one they need to get rid of Greagan. He is the worst captain ever. Bring in Chris Whitaker!

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
gregan is finished. eddie jones is too. they all need to stop playing favourites and draw new blood

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Greegan was a champion. WAS. His time has come and gone. Now he is the world record holder he can retire.......please retire George.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hello, do the all blacks not deserve there own thread, they did smash the six nations champs

TBT

The Bitter Truth
Reaction score
nq_cowgirl said:
gregan is finished. eddie jones is too. they all need to stop playing favourites and draw new blood
Like who?....

They have'nt poached any hi-profile league players lately, have they? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.