Foxtel rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
fox sports pisses me off when they have an ad before the program that says "this program brought to you by **** **** "

ffs actually this program was brought to us by us VIA the subsription fee

its like a magazine ad saying, this magazine is brought to you by coca cola and not because you paid for it

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i remember when fox had no ads and nickelodeon was good :(

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
i remember when fox actually had good shows to watch!

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
tbh it should be "this magazine was brought to the shop by a truckie/van driver who then gave it to you in exchange for an advertised dollar amount as per the monetary system employed world-wide" imo

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if only the ads made foxtel cheaper but guess what...they dont!

Nadzzz..

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foxtel suxes alot of the time, I've been at home sick all day and the only decent thing I watched was a Gossip Girl episode that I've already seen... zzz.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
If pay tv broadcasters pushed the full cost on to subscribers the sub price would be 2+ times as expensive as it is now and only a fraction of people could afford it which would send the operator broke.
At the end of the day it's what the content owners choose to show, not Foxtel. If Discovery wants to max out the ads in their channels then Foxtel must agree to it or they won't be able to show their channels. Discovery isn't going to produce an ad free version just for one pay tv operator that will most likely go broke.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i remember when fox had no ads and nickelodeon was good :(
Yep. Back in the days where Foxtel was actually worth its price. You know, before the Internet.

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
fox sports pisses me off when they have an ad before the program that says "this program brought to you by **** **** "

ffs actually this program was brought to us by us VIA the subsription fee

its like a magazine ad saying, this magazine is brought to you by coca cola and not because you paid for it
You pay $130 a month for over 100 channels... that's $1 a channel a month which equates to 0.0333333333333333c a day per channel.

Relax!

Foxtel suxes alot of the time, I've been at home sick all day and the only decent thing I watched was a Gossip Girl episode that I've already seen... zzz.
Learn how to use IQ and broaden your scope in content... there is heaps to discover on Foxtel.

if only the ads made foxtel cheaper but guess what...they dont!
Are you for real?

Foxtel's premium package started 15 years ago with 10 channels for $80. You get over 70 channels for the same price these days...

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got foxtel and its a damn rip off..... the thing that annoys me most is that you have to upgrade to a higher package to get the rest of the kids channels. C'mon now foxtel, why the hell do we have to pay that extra package for the kids to watch? I dont know of any 2 or 4 year olds that work and can afford it.... FOXTEL rip off pricks!!! the footy is good on there and they have improved with more rugby league stuff, but its still not enough. I want a channel thats dedicated to league, with non stop games of the past etc....

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lots of crap channels, i only watch a few channels. I love fox sports and national geographic/ discovery etc.... shhhh dont let foxtel know, as they might put those channels in the higher package if they know people watch them....

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
i got foxtel and its a damn rip off..... the thing that annoys me most is that you have to upgrade to a higher package to get the rest of the kids channels. C'mon now foxtel, why the hell do we have to pay that extra package for the kids to watch? I dont know of any 2 or 4 year olds that work and can afford it.... FOXTEL rip off pricks!!! the footy is good on there and they have improved with more rugby league stuff, but its still not enough. I want a channel thats dedicated to league, with non stop games of the past etc....
A channel dedicated to Rugby League? You are kidding right? There isn't enough content...

I would also suggest you learn how to use your IQ and the series link feature if you are concerned about your 2-4 year old. My understanding of kids is that don't give a **** what they watch until they are about 5-6 years old. This is why you can play the same Wiggles video over and over again.

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
lots of crap channels, i only watch a few channels. I love fox sports and national geographic/ discovery etc.... shhhh dont let foxtel know, as they might put those channels in the higher package if they know people watch them....
Get Started + Sports = $60. You can barely get 2 General Admission tickets to the Rugby League for $60... let alone the fact that you get all your Rugby League games each week.... but ssssshhhhh I can't let people know that Foxtel isn't a rip off. I need to keep whinging and complaining.

Nadzzz..

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You pay $130 a month for over 100 channels... that's $1 a channel a month which equates to 0.0333333333333333c a day per channel.

Relax!

Learn how to use IQ and broaden your scope in content... there is heaps to discover on Foxtel.

Are you for real?

Foxtel's premium package started 15 years ago with 10 channels for $80. You get over 70 channels for the same price these days...
Got IQ but its on the crappy tv upstairs, I'd rather sit downstairs with the 52" screen and watch lol (yeah thats my fault in that case :p)
I don't really watch tv tbh, apart from footy and today when I was sick which will drag on to tomorrow I BLAME QLD FOR MY SICKNESS!!
If I watch any tv series, its usually online because its more up to date than foxtel.

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
If I watch any tv series, its usually online because its more up to date than foxtel.
To be fair Nadzzz, I am assuming you are watching your content online through torrents and things like that? If so, that's an unfair comparison since most people illegally download their content... so obviously it is going to be faster then Foxtel.

If you can't tell, I work along side with Foxtel and one of the things I hate is people telling me there is nothing on Foxtel but the truth is, is that people only want to watch shows they recognise from commercial tv.

G

Gladiator.

A lot of people b*tch and whine about foxtel, but personally I think it's great! Always something to watch, and like Magro said, IQ is wonderful, series link something that way, even if I do miss a show, I have something to watch when lying around. Platinum package for $165 with 2 boxes including an IQ box is an awesome deal, with all channels and 2 free movies a month. Works out to be less than $6 a day.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
foxtel is awesome and i personally cant wait for them to add more channels to it

Nadzzz..

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be fair Nadzzz, I am assuming you are watching your content online through torrents and things like that? If so, that's an unfair comparison since most people illegally download their content... so obviously it is going to be faster then Foxtel.

If you can't tell, I work along side with Foxtel and one of the things I hate is people telling me there is nothing on Foxtel but the truth is, is that people only want to watch shows they recognise from commercial tv.
I usually stream the episodes from certain sites.
One of the problems I think is that alot of the good shows are screened around the same time, whether its movies, tv series etc.
If you don't have IQ then you have to choose one or the other, then at other times you find there isn't anything to watch at that particular time.
I don't whinge too much about foxtel, it's great to have most of the time but sometimes there is absolutely nothing to watch unless u have it recorded on IQ.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
I have been a subscriber for over 8 years now and I reduced my account from $130 down to $90 and got another set top box and extra movies.... You just have to ask .

Status
Not open for further replies.