Fox to FB, Dufty to Dummy half

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know when to walk into a thread :tearsofjoy:

The insults a flying everywhere.. Matt Dufty should only be kept until we sign Reece Walsh or uncover our own Fullback ( Averillo, JAC or a youngster)

The Duffman has x factor in attack but is close to the worst defender I have seen in any position and does not talk from the back directing the rest of our D, probably because he has zero idea himself.

Dufty at 7, 6 or 9 would be an absolute turn style for every other teams attack.

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fox to FB should be a consideration, who cares if it doesn’t work. We can’t go any lower on table, but we should test a few moves out whilst we can. I don’t think Dufty could play hooker though. He doesn’t look fit and pulls out of plays at times. But hooker is definitely something we should consider with a few players to see what could work. JMK looks so slow from dummy half and too conservative. He doesn’t even look like he’s straining any muscle when he takes a chance either. He went for try against the broncos over the line, he froze when they held him up. We need more of a risk taker from dummy half. Players like Cam Smith and Michael Ennis were cunning at times and would dart from dummy half if there was an even slight gap. I know m being harsh on JMK but if he doesn’t start taking chances from his role in the team, no other team will want him when he finishes with the Bulldogs. For all of his supporters I don’t know what it is you see in him, overrated and inconsistent.
when I seen him get held up I was thinking why isn’t he digging to get it down? The bloke just strolled over like he was happy to be held up.

cook should replace him this week and or Bbo should play much longer minutes then him.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Failing to score due to JJ, increases the need to defend. That's the problem.
What I'm saying is it isn't all JJ's fault. There is a whole team out there and if everyone did there job it wouldn't be a problem.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dufty’s only other likely positions might be wing or halves… but I think he’s a fullback. In saying that, is he in the top echelon of fullbacks - no. He also needs better instincts and effort plays so he could improve by just studying old tapes of Billy Slater and see how Paps contributes to Melbourne.

our biggest issue, however, is the 9 - easily the elephant in the room when it comes to our glaring issues closely followed by how we are being coached and major question marks over our fitness + desire

Reactions: 88

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All those bagging out Jackson aren't understanding that he is being made to play a role he isn't suited to . He is not a ball player and it's the coaching staffs failure to realise this. Jackson looked good running around the ruck the other night. That's his job to make 140 plus metres 40 odd tackles and provide quick play the balls. He is still very effective at this. Unfortunately every one is getting frustrated at his slow ball movement. Well we never signed him as a ball player. Heck he was good enough to be a rep player before we tried to turn him into a ball player. This is on the coaching staff not Jackson.
I concede he isn't worth the 800k we are paying him and isn't a vocal enough captain , but there is still a decent player there if they play him the right way.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep blame JJ. It's his fault the rest of the team are Fucked after 20 minutes. JJ goes hard all game and I bet it's the same at training. Train hard, play hard. Yep, definitely JJ's fault we can't win a game. I can't believe you dip shits can blame him.
It’s not his effort that is an issue it’s the ball playing role that Barrett has put him in. It doesn’t suit him and he needs to go or Barrett needs to change the style of attack. There is no room for Jackson the way Barrett is wanting his lock to play. He would better in the second row in place of Waddell but JJ wasn’t going that well there if my memory serves me correct.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All those bagging out Jackson aren't understanding that he is being made to play a role he isn't suited to . He is not a ball player and it's the coaching staffs failure to realise this. Jackson looked good running around the ruck the other night. That's his job to make 140 plus metres 40 odd tackles and provide quick play the balls. He is still very effective at this. Unfortunately every one is getting frustrated at his slow ball movement. Well we never signed him as a ball player. Heck he was good enough to be a rep player before we tried to turn him into a ball player. This is on the coaching staff not Jackson.
I concede he isn't worth the 800k we are paying him and isn't a vocal enough captain , but there is still a decent player there if they play him the right way.
It seems to me that we are not playing any of our forwards the right way.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
yep i said this weeks ago, we are playing a style that doesnt suit us, we cant play like penrith. Parra and Sharks pass from dummy half straight to a 6 or 7, we need to this and fuck off the out the back play from the 13

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
They stay where they are. Cook to hooker.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SHOOSH

The Bulldogs desperately want to get more quality football to superstar winger Josh Addo-Carr. This is why there is mail the coaching staff will consider switching him to fullback, a position the Blues Origin flyer has always been keen to have a crack at. It would be bad news for Matt Dufty who is trying to earn a contract extension.