Fox 2 - Bulldogs Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just a heads up.

Fox League Channel ie Fox Sports 2 will have a full day of Bullldogs games all day tomorrow Saturday 6/1/18 starting from midnight.

To list a few that stood out:
93 Rd 9 Vs Manly @ Belmore
94 Prelim Vs Canberra
98 Semi Vs Knights
As well as some 80s games

Get your IQ boxes ready

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks mate, will be taping the 94 prelim and 98 semi vs knights. Great memories was at both games..Typical dogs prime time viewing as usual, we must be a draw card to the nrl, can't see why we never get leg ups though..

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just a heads up.

Fox League Channel ie Fox Sports 2 will have a full day of Bullldogs games all day tomorrow Saturday 6/1/18 starting from midnight.

To list a few that stood out:
93 Rd 9 Vs Manly @ Belmore
94 Prelim Vs Canberra
98 Semi Vs Knights
As well as some 80s games

Get your IQ boxes ready
It gives me the shits though that they are only 60 minute games & they keep playing the same games over & over again.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yesterday, i decided to flick forward on the TV guide to see when the Bulldogs day would finally come, and luckily didn't have to flick far.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Were winning so many matches in a row... reminds me of 02

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
84 gf just finished.

Did I see a banner that said "Parra are scum"?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I never realised our only try in the 85 gf was off a dubious pass.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching Scott gale reminds me of how sad it was that he passed away just 39.

MND is awful.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watching 95 now - the Sydney Bulldogs, I completely forgot that stupid period where we were known as that.

It was also so easy to hate that Manly team - Hill, Hopoate, Hasler, Fulton amongst others.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing that every dogs team has in them. A second half fade out.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
1980 gf. Steve Mortimer pulled off 2 ripper boot lace tackles that would've been on highlight reels for years in this era of league. Unfortunately it was the norm then and exceptional these days.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
1980 gf. Steve Mortimer pulled off 2 ripper boot lace tackles that would've been on highlight reels for years in this era of league. Unfortunately it was the norm then and exceptional these days.
Shows you how much the game has actually changed. A half playing second line would leave so many holes up front that a team would win by 40 these days. Given Turvey's size he would have been lucky to play half as many games as the halves these days. We forget just how big players are now. Even the halves are around the 183cm mark and 90+kg. That was the size of a secondrower in the 80's

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Shows you how much the game has actually changed. A half playing second line would leave so many holes up front that a team would win by 40 these days. Given Turvey's size he would have been lucky to play half as many games as the halves these days. We forget just how big players are now. Even the halves are around the 183cm mark and 90+kg. That was the size of a secondrower in the 80's
Chris Mortimer and Chris Anderson would've easily adopted into todays version based on their size and style of play. Possibly a few moore but clearly those two.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Chris Mortimer and Chris Anderson would've easily adopted into todays version based on their size and style of play. Possibly a few moore but clearly those two.
Mortimer yes because he could bulk up a bit. His playing weight was close to 20kgs less than todays centres, but Opie is about 15cm shorter than most wingers these days and you can't make em taller! He didn't have to cope with the high balls like they do these days and would be a target on the wing for every team.

Status
Not open for further replies.