News Four years in the NRL wilderness... now a Dogs lifeline has ‘comeback kid’ ready to explode

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still cheated and our fans are glorifying him. Nice
yet you have Matt lodge, Payne hass, Reece Walsh. What is so different from them to xerri? That’s right every bulldog so called fan thinks we are morons and are stupid for signing him. I hope to god he absolutely kills it and puts eggs on your face.

be grateful you have a forum to talk about our great club.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It might mean nothing to some...
Some might even say he is a drug cheat...Who cares what he says.
Xerri said something very important, something we haven't been hearing for a long time...I want to be a Bulldog !!!
This is music to my ears !
Yep and showed a great moral compass not whoring himself to the highest bidder

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yet you have Matt lodge, Payne hass, Reece Walsh. What is so different from them to xerri? That’s right every bulldog so called fan thinks we are morons and are stupid for signing him. I hope to god he absolutely kills it and puts eggs on your face.

be grateful you have a forum to talk about our great club.
Why would I have egg of my face? I'm happy for us to sign him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Once a cheat, always a cheat. Right?

While I think it's important to never forget and not wipe away what Xerri did, at the same time he did 4 years. That's no mean feat.

No one is asking to forget it all, but surely we can move on and start afresh? If anything, his story and redemption is EXACTLY what our kids need to see.

That we all make mistakes, but it's still possible to come out the other side through hard work and determination.

A vast majority of people deserve a second chance. And that doesn't mean we're forgetting their past @CrittaMagic69 but choosing to move on from it.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Once a cheat, always a cheat. Right?

While I think it's important to never forget and not wipe away what Xerri did, at the same time he did 4 years. That's no mean feat.

No one is asking to forget it all, but surely we can move on and start afresh? If anything, his story and redemption is EXACTLY what our kids need to see.

That we all make mistakes, but it's still possible to come out the other side through hard work and determination.

A vast majority of people deserve a second chance. And that doesn't mean we're forgetting their past @CrittaMagic69 but choosing to move on from it.
He paid a heavy price for his stupidity.

Losing 4 yrs of a rugby league career when the average career is about 85 games is a massive price.

He F@#KED up and paid the price. Can't punish him forever.

At the end of the day he took drugs.

Compare that to what Russell Packer did, Matt Lodge, Danny Wicks or John Elias.

He gets a second chance, what's important is what comes next.

Last edited:

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He paid a heavy price for his stupidity.

Losing 4 yrs of a rugby league career when the average career in about 85 games is a massive price.

He F@#KED up and paid the price. Can't punish him forever.

At the end of the day he took drugs.

Compare that to what Russell Packer did, Matt Lodge, Danny Wicks or John Elias.

He gets a second chance, what's important is what comes next.
100 Percent, we all make mistakes in life, his chance for redemption hopefully goes well for us.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He played on the wing to start the season for the first 6-7 games before getting hurt. He carved them up and actually lead the DallyM’s

He played a few games later in the year at centre and was ordinary. Nothing showed me Kiraz should be our centre.
I agree he’s not a centre. Plenty of options ahead of him. He’s a winger imo, for the reasons u have outlined. Battle for wing between fox, Kiraz and Wilson

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've got no idea what to expect from this guy, he seems to be ticking all the right boxes but I can't think of anyone else who's been out of the game for four years and made a successful comeback to FG.

I imagine he'd be super fit but talk of trying to make the round 1 team after having not played a single game in four years is a bit ambitious.

No way he pushes out Kiraz and Crtta in the centres.

I do want to see him do well though but it might take a full year.
No chance!! A whole year? That's laughable. Kiraz is not a great centre imo, and will play wing this year. Xerri will start round 1, im certain of it.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Crichton is the first Centre picked if indeed he is picked at centre agree.

Xerri would need to be way off the pace to not be ahead of Kiraz at centre. I think there would be three or four options at centre before Kiraz plays centre.

Kiraz is an out and out winger. Returning the ball, dummy half runs and diffusing the high ball are his strengths.

There is a lot of people talking about Kiraz playing centre though. Have I missed games along the way where Kiraz has played well at centre.

He had a handful of games there last year and was less than impressive IMO. I don’t understand this push.

Genuinely asking what game should I go and watch to see Kiraz the Quality centre?
only his debut game

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Name some players who have been out for 4 years please.
Rodney Howe
Sandro earl
Jarrod Mullen

I’m sure all these players had time out and when they came back did nothing but reason being too old

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The forum laughed at Flanagan for crying on camera , calling him all sorts of names and making light of his mental state but are all in on this kid with this second chance narrative. The key difference between the two? Xerri was good at one point. It’s a cruel place the kennel.
Thankyou Marley!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Then why bitch about what he did as a 19 yr old then?!?
Cause it’s more than averilo ever could and even after 4 years out the game will still be dramatically better defensively than he was!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rodney Howe
Sandro earl
Jarrod Mullen

I’m sure all these players had time out and when they came back did nothing but reason being too old
Rodney Howe was 8 only months. No one has been out far longer than Xerri.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Xerri has natural talent, I don’t give a fuck if you take every steroid under the sun if you haven’t got natural talent no amount of steroids will help you become a better athlete.