Opinion Forwards

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ryan James is still floating around without a club. Let's bring him in! Looked ok in the all stars game.
NAS and Gulag or we're fucked, it's that simple

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are very well covered in the backs from next year.....Xerri, Crichton, JAC, Kiraz, Skelton, Alamoti, Averillo

We will also be serviced well in the backrow with Kikau, Preston, RFM and quite possibly Skelton

Our forward pack is absolute junk apart from Thompson and Max King

All these niff nuffs shitting on Thompson are the same niff nuffs who consistently shat on Jackson, Graham, Tolman and so on
Next year lol. And yes good signings, but this year is the concern for now. We wait for results in 24, and be happy with what we are seeing already. I prefer we see more interest from palyers whom actually compete at an nrl level!!

Australian Sensation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Next year lol. And yes good signings, but this year is the concern for now. We wait for results in 24, and be happy with what we are seeing already. I prefer we see more interest from palyers whom actually compete at an nrl level!!
This year is gone

Recruitment completed, pre season done

Now we have to put up with the shit we have, cause one thing which is a guarantee, is that we are no better this year compared to last year

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This year is gone

Recruitment completed, pre season done

Now we have to put up with the shit we have, cause one thing which is a guarantee, is that we are no better this year compared to last year
Yup. Gone before it even began. Big hopes for many starts of a new season. Groundhog days/months/years.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne Bennett assembled a forward pack in less than a season that will dominate ours. Vaughan left on his own terms, while we let Hetherington go. We could have had a crack at somebody like a Jesse Bromwich, Klemmer, Marty, Mark Nichols... honestly just one big prop at least... we're going to seriously lack in field position once again this year.
What irks me is that footy has never changed regarding the need to get on top in the forwards, before the spine or anything else can operate smoothly.

How this club, who built a reputation on "Dogs of War" cannot see this is mind blowing.

We got BELTED today .... physically manhandled.

I doubt Thompson would have made any real difference.

Bennett knows that The Dolphins, at the very least HAVE to be solid up front before worrying about other aspects of the game.

Last edited:

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What irks me is that footy has never changed regarding the need to get on top in the forwards before the spine or anything else can operate smoothly.

How this club who built a reputation on "Dogs of War" cannot see this is mind blowing.

We got BELTED today .... physically manhandled.

I doubt Thompson would have made any real difference.

Bennett knows that The Dolphins at the very least HAVE to be solid up front before worrying about other aspects of the game.
Yeah, like we were even on the scoreboard up until Kyle's sin bin, but they were winning the battle. I know our spine need time to gel but we're generally attacking against a wall of defence because we lack a decent amount of players that can scatter the defence. Pele looked likely but we need more than one or two players making a genuine impact.

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need atleast 2 first class props

Definitely NAS

Burto is definitely a centre just like Crichton

Is Burto the answer @ #6? I cant see CC moving Burto into the centres

Franklin Pele has a motor with all the fuel efficiency of a V8 being driven around in first gear

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our starting middle forwards today compared to Manly.

King = 105 kg
Mahoney = 86 kg
Sutton = 105 kg
Brown = 90 kg

Paseka = 120 kg
Croker = 92 kg
Trbojevic = 107 kg
Aloiai = 106 kg

Bulldogs' Middles = 386 kg for an average of 96.5 kg.
Manly's Middles = 425 kg for an average of 106.25 kg.

Manly's middles were way heavier than our middles.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are very well covered in the backs from next year.....Xerri, Crichton, JAC, Kiraz, Skelton, Alamoti, Averillo

We will also be serviced well in the backrow with Kikau, Preston, RFM and quite possibly Skelton

Our forward pack is absolute junk apart from Thompson and Max King

All these niff nuffs shitting on Thompson are the same niff nuffs who consistently shat on Jackson, Graham, Tolman and so on
Do you not realise that the backrow make up half of the forward pack??

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We need to ask Sharks for a loan of Hazelton or Colquhoun

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's obvious the majority of fans on this site are clueless.

There are two threads of 4 to 6 pages talking about how Burton is a centre or whatever, then there is a bash Kyle Flanagan thread.

Thank you to the fans who have restored sanity in this forum, anyone calling for a signing like NAS is on the money!!

Last edited:

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We played some ugly stuff under Hasler post 2012 with plenty of errors & brainsnaps at times but we'd still win more than we'd lose due to our pack being absolutely stacked.