Forward tip on play

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Can someone clear up for me for once and for all this question. Was it Dymock while caretaker Coach who created the tip on play before Des got to our club that featured and got us into the 2012 GF or was it Des? It is something that Des gets the credit for. Can anyone remember?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can someone clear up for me for once and for all this question. Was it Dymock while caretaker Coach who created the tip on play before Des got to our club that featured and got us into the 2012 GF or was it Des? It is something that Des gets the credit for. Can anyone remember?
that wouldn't surprise me at all if that was the case .. What I do know is that we did show an exciting brand of footy after dymock took over in the latter parts of 2011 and he recovered a dreadful start by moore to almost make the finals ..

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
that wouldn't surprise me at all if that was the case .. What I do know is that we did show an exciting brand of footy after dymock took over in the latter parts of 2011 and he recovered a dreadful start by moore to almost make the finals ..
Yes that is how I remember it too. I ask because it is one of the biggest defences of Des BUT if it was Dymock than there is another Myth busted.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember it as Dymock.....Des can take credit for 4th tackle hit ups

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Next year is 2018 and Cronk should be offered the assistant role.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Started playing that style under dymock is my recollection

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The short passing at the line was Des, but the defence and tight forward work was all Dymock.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dymock brought that passing before the line through the forwards when he was interim coach at the back end of 2011 i think. Des used it and raped it ever since. Even when teams worked it out 4 years ago, he still persisted with it. I think Dymock and Steve Georgallis would make good coaches. Fuk Des off and have them do it together.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember the tip on play late 2011 especially when we pumped the Eels. I think Des just perfected it and of course worked a system to give Barba space

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was Dymock we used it so much during that Raiders game when Barba scored 4.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The tip on play has proven to be a double edged sword

It was innovative & successful in 2012

The problem with our team since is that our forwards think they are ball players & are more focused on passing than running straight & hard

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs ignited in 2011 when dymock took over. Des just picked up thr ball and ran with it in 2012. It wasn't until 2013 when he decided to reinvent the wheel... Funny enough Ennis tells this tale as well

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Elements of it were there in 2011 but it certainly became more pronounced and robotic in 2012. The back end of 2011 was such a good time up until that clusterfuck of a half at Brookvale where we should've been up by 20 at half time.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ok so every one seems to remember it like me then, Des didn't come up with it although every commentator attributes it to him and not Dymock. So if you take that away from Des than all he has done for us other than to limp into the finals most years is the 2014 last few games into the GF. So when you break it down he has done fuk all!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok so every one seems to remember it like me then, Des didn't come up with it although every commentator attributes it to him and not Dymock. So if you take that away from Des than all he has done for us other than to limp into the finals most years is the 2014 last few games into the GF. So when you break it down he has done fuk all!
this is another one of those "What have the Romans ever done for us" threads isn't it.....

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
this is another one of those "What have the Romans ever done for us" threads isn't it.....
Not really. I had just remembered it a little bit differently than how it is being reported and it would appear that everyone else agree's so just confirming my own memory really.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would also mean that Des had little impact on Barba's development so in actual fact Des did Fuck all.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dymock had Ben Barba who scored 23 tries, Mick Ennis, Hokko & Ben Roberts at his disposal...good spine, that goes a long way to helping in the points for department.

Dymock is the current attacking coach and regardless of Hasler taking control, Dymock has been teflon on criticism. If I'm on the board, I would question Des as head coach and Dymock as the attacking coach on our inability to create points.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dymock had Ben Barba who scored 23 tries, Mick Ennis, Hokko & Ben Roberts at his disposal...good spine, that goes a long way to helping in the points for department.

Dymock is the current attacking coach and regardless of Hasler taking control, Dymock has been teflon on criticism. If I'm on the board, I would question Des as head coach and Dymock as the attacking coach on our inability to create points.
dymock is attacking coach only in title... anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional or just hasn't been paying attention.. Des the dictator wouldn't allow any free thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.