Opinion Forward Metres from today's game

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure we have a spot unfilled that was vacated by Jarred Anderson
I think we actually have 4 spots available. You can use up to 6 players but we only have Roumonos and Katoa currently on them.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
And all the sour grapes on this forum were adamant we wouldn't miss Klemmers metres.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our pack doesnt go after teams like they used to. Even when we had pritchard, kasiano, eastwood, trex we used to steamroll teams in attack and defence. This team doesnt have either. The go forward is average at best as we have too many second rowers and not enough props and then when it comes time to defend there is no line speed what so ever. watching on the weekend and even in the early stages of the game they sat back and let the roosters make their 10 metres + every tackle and it shows as we are 16th for metres conceded. I dont know whether it comes down to fitness or laziness but they need to change it fast

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of these slugs need to be dropped to the reserves for reserve grade, I would rather have our team smashed if it means a player gives 100%, most of these players in Fg have had their chance to show their worthy of a Fg spot and have shown how fucking useless they are.
Whoever is off contract should be shown the door at the end of the season with no explanation, if they can't work out why this club doesn't need them in our team then bad luck, this club owes them nothing just like they did in every game, fucking nothing.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF was Martin doing at DH? Its a bit hard for him to make metres when he's there, he's not the type of player that can scoot from the play the ball.

We definitely do not cope with the 8 interchange rule, forwards aren't fit enough, and #payout doesn't know how to rotate them effectively
Martin was at DH because JMK was toast. he wore himself out from all the DH running he was doing. Also i think JMK was getting a little carried away with his DH runs. But I will not be too hard on him a few weeks ago he wasn't running at all. I see him as 1 off the few players developing this year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Martin was at DH because JMK was toast. he wore himself out from all the DH running he was doing. Also i think JMK was getting a little carried away with his DH runs. But I will not be too hard on him a few weeks ago he wasn't running at all. I see him as 1 off the few players developing this year.
It all comes back to vision for JMK or lack of it. Before he even touches that ball or looks at what the markers are doing he has already decided that he is running no matter what is happening in the game.

Once he picks the best times to run it will be even more effective.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It all comes back to vision for JMK or lack of it. Before he even touches that ball or looks at what the markers are doing he has already decided that he is running no matter what is happening in the game.

Once he picks the best times to run it will be even more effective.
I find it funny that JMK is running more now than when we played with two hookers lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find it funny that JMK is running more now than when we played with two hookers lol
Someone has told him to run more but we could have a perfect back line movement set up (this is hypothetical I know we wouldn't have one in realty) and he would still run because he already had the run predetermined.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone has told him to run more but we could have a perfect back line movement set up (this is hypothetical I know we wouldn't have one in realty) and he would still run because he already had the run predetermined.
It came directly after Braith Anasta blasted him for not taking advantage of lazy markers in the raiders game... Maybe pay is getting coaching tips from the commentators when he does video sessions :tearsofjoy:..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It came directly after Braith Anasta blasted him for not taking advantage of lazy markers in the raiders game... Maybe pay is getting coaching tips from the commentators when he does video sessions :tearsofjoy:..
I wouldn’t be surprised....

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still, fuck Klemmer!!
He was promised 3rd party $ and the club reneged, he was shattered to be taken for a ride by those he trusted as he had agreed to a lower contract.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
And then at half time the roosters said no more and set two markers,

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
And all the sour grapes on this forum were adamant we wouldn't miss Klemmers metres.
We miss his metres, but don’t miss his big bald ugly head.

He turned his back on us, we need to look forward for the next big thing, not look back and pain for that traitorous jerk.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He was promised 3rd party $ and the club reneged, he was shattered to be taken for a ride by those he trusted as he had agreed to a lower contract.
Bullshit. Clubs aren’t allowed to promise third party deals.... where’s the proof anything was promised? He’s a traitor who shat on what could have been a great legacy at this club.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It seemed promising, he was a mongrel at rorters. Soft as shit here!

I thought he would pick up. Saw a glimpse once or twice but was very short lived..!!
Napa's never been a forward leader, at the roosters he was on the bench behind 2 top quality props in JWH and Taukeiaho, he and Zane Tetevano could just come on and add abit of starch, we're expecting to be the main man which he's never shown he can do.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was in disbelief when quite a few posters on here were of that opinion. I think people were saying Napa was going to come here and provide us with more than Klemmer and there were even suggestions that Renouf and Ogden were going to be better than Klemmer, all got abit ridiculous.
In terms of our pack this is what I'd go with:
Napa
JMK
Ogden
CHN
Jackson
Tolman

Renouf
RFM/Martin
Sue
Brown

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bullshit. Clubs aren’t allowed to promise third party deals.... where’s the proof anything was promised? He’s a traitor who shat on what could have been a great legacy at this club.
Best you quote your opening line to the roosters lmao,not allowed !!! Where have u been hiding ? Board changed and Anderson’s said no to third party payments and Klemmer was caught short,that is why he left.No bullshit...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Best you quote your opening line to the roosters lmao,not allowed !!! Where have u been hiding ? Board changed and Anderson’s said no to third party payments and Klemmer was caught short,that is why he left.No bullshit...
They are allowed to arrange them with nrl approval, but I don’t think they are supposed to guarantee them in contract negotiations....

He was making plenty of money tbh. His base contract was too high. As good as he is, he’s a prop. We’re light on forwards right now, but we’re light on just about every position and things won’t improve for at least a year and a half. I won’t shed any tears for that pseudo bulldog. I hope he replaced his bulldogs sheets with sheets that have dollar signs on them.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martyn’s not happy and is playing dog shit and as for RFM bite the bullets let them both go get a couple of players I’d get McQueen from tigers on a 18 month contract and another one to the same deal that way the 2021 war chest is still there plus we might get some better return if players are on 12 month contract