Former Canterbury Bulldogs winger Curtis Rona eyes NRL return if Western Force fold

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be honest, next. He moved on and so has the club. Yes he had a great year in 2015, but he was really quiet in 2016 and then left. We have montoya unable to crack the first grade team today, so for me, its a no. Sorry rona.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest, next. He moved on and so has the club. Yes he had a great year in 2015, but he was really quiet in 2016 and then left. We have montoya unable to crack the first grade team today, so for me, its a no. Sorry rona.
The move to centre last year certainly curtailed his attacking prowess

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks. You took the money and ran, leaving your contract a year early. I'm sick of them playing the family card when it clearly was about money. We've moved on.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rona and Montoya would be a deadly wing pairing. Could attack through the air at both wings.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would we have a thread discussing a player that quit the Club because he wanted to go home and play Yawnyun??? the Guy was a "quitter" I say good riddance and enjoy home (Perth). I don't care if he ever wanted to return to the NRL I would not take him back and I doubt if the CBB would either but, more importantly, why are we discussing someone that quits the Club and has played Yawnyun since that time and we have a fucking thread about this quitter in Bulldogs discussion.
Mr Moderator please close this stupid thread asap or at least move it somewhere else.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We could get him back easy
1. Hopoate (re negotiate his Sunday deal, so he has to play finals and get him cheap again)
2. B.Morris
3. Rona
4. J.Morris
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Frawley
8. Klemmer
9. Mbye
10. Woods
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Graham

14. Woolford
15. Mariner
16. Fualalo
17. T'Omaga

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
All his mates here will be gone by the time ARU kicks the Forcr out

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No thanks. You took the money and ran, leaving your contract a year early. I'm sick of them playing the family card when it clearly was about money. We've moved on.
Mate he grew up in Perth and so did his girlfriends family, A lot of times his girlfriend would be home by herself when Rona had to travel for footy and Rona wants to give his girlfriend and little baby the chance to be with there family and we got the chance to do that he took it, can't blame it for that and you can't say he did that for the money.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think corona needs to wait till like the Morris twins finish and then bring him in, we would have a bloody good backline

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate he grew up in Perth and so did his girlfriends family, A lot of times his girlfriend would be home by herself when Rona had to travel for footy and Rona wants to give his girlfriend and little baby the chance to be with there family and we got the chance to do that he took it, can't blame it for that and you can't say he did that for the money.
I understand that. But sometimes you have to make sacrifices. What about people in the army who get deployed overseas for 6 months at a time. You think there wives and kids go with them. I have a mate who got deployed to Townsville and his missus went with him. She's there on her own for six months. It is what it is. Family is just the go to card for footy players. Look at Barba. Got homesick and used that as an excuse to get more money. If it wasn't about money why didn't he see out his contract? He's the one that wanted a long term deal.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rona ended any chance of him reuniting with us when he demanded a release from our club.He left us with no choice.but to grant it.Very ugly break up I tell you.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rona ended any chance of him reuniting with us when he demanded a release from our club.He left us with no choice.but to grant it.Very ugly break up I tell you.
Pretty dumb when there's always been talk about the force not lasting

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand that. But sometimes you have to make sacrifices. What about people in the army who get deployed overseas for 6 months at a time. You think there wives and kids go with them. I have a mate who got deployed to Townsville and his missus went with him. She's there on her own for six months. It is what it is. Family is just the go to card for footy players. Look at Barba. Got homesick and used that as an excuse to get more money. If it wasn't about money why didn't he see out his contract? He's the one that wanted a long term deal.
Finally someone said this in response to these alleged homesick players.

I know plenty of people who deal with partners who work FIFO, are in the military and get deployed (or as a friend or mine is going right now, a posting in Canberra with his family in Townsville), or just because of the scarcity of work, are living well away from their families to earn a living.

I live 1300km from my parents and other family, my wife about 7000km.... you deal with it. It's all part of being an adult.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol, Hopoate has 1 good game in 2 years and people are jizzing all over him. Still doesn't play Sundays and has had too many poor games. Would rather Rona than Hopoate any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.