Former Canterbury Bulldogs captain Steve Price wants to make the club great again

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/4748cf1750ee0e3710b961deb38234ad

Steve Price’s rebel ticket dismayed by Canterbury Bulldogs board decisions

Bulldogs

• December 5, 2017 1:55pm
  • by Tony Webeck
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Steve Price is a Bulldogs legend.Source: News Limited
STEVE Price has warned members of the Bulldogs football club not to be fooled by the recent window-dressing being undertaken by the club’s board by highlighting the puzzling recent decisions that have ripped at the very heart of a proud organisation.

CEO Raelene Castle, coach Des Hasler and captain James Graham have all left Belmore in differing circumstances with Price pointing to the season-long conjecture surrounding Hasler’s future and the treatment of spiritual leader Graham as proof the club has lost its way.

In recent times the club has appointed former Bulldogs legend Dean Pay as the new head coach and brought a raft of former greats back into the fold but Price argues that more is needed, his prospective Bulldogs board boasting deep connections to the club stretching back almost 40 years.

Price's rebel ticket

Speaking on NRL 360 Summer Series on Monday night, Price said recent decisions don’t make up for the sins of the past, with the club currently facing legal action relating to contract disputes brought by both Hasler and Sharks prop Andrew Fifita.

“All the sounds are coming out that there have been some changes,” Price said.

“Obviously there is an election coming up which is quite ironic.

“We just want to see the Bulldogs getting back to being the very best in the competition both on and off the paddock.”

Price said that the salary cap mismanagement that forced Graham to leave the club a year early, with the Bulldogs forced to pay a portion of his salary in 2018, is proof the connection to Canterbury’s reputation of “the family club” needs urgent attention.

“James Graham having to leave the club because the club took a gamble on the salary cap,” Price said when asked about specific decisions made by the board that he has issue with.

“They were told a number of times that (the salary cap) was going to be at a certain level (understood to be $10 million, $600,000 more than what resulted at the end of CBA negotiations) and they gambled that.

“You lose some good people like James Graham who you’re going to be paying to play for the Dragons next year.

Steve Price celebrates a win as a Bulldogs player in 2004.Source: News Corp Australia
“The trust has to be there. This year all the talk through the media was whether Des was going to be the coach, whether he wasn’t going to be the coach, which players were going to be there, who was being shopped around.

“You can’t go out and play your best footy when that type of stuff is happening.”

Also on the Price ticket for election are former Bulldogs captain Paul Dunn, former player and coach Chris Anderson, Australian Paralympic Committee CEO and daughter of former Bulldogs chief Peter Moore, Lynne Anderson, and long-time Canterbury Leagues Club general manager John Ballesty.

“I was away from the club for 13 years and you realise how great the Bulldogs were,” said Price.

“We’re all still very passionate Bulldogs people. All of these people that we are talking about have had a big part to play in the club.

“The body language and the words that were coming out from people both within the club and externally from the club wasn’t positive.

“Through the experience of the people that we’ve got I’m really confident that we can get that back on track.”

Reactions: DT

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's true what price is trying to say.. all dib has done lately is essentially sprinkle some hundreds and thousands on one steamy hot pile of sh!t ... and there are some morons out there who are willing to forgive the current administration because of this
.. yes the latest decisions have been correct, but don't forget all the bullshit that came beforehand

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How come none of these greats have blasted Castle at all?
Because they will be labeled sexist by the fucking media and the sheep like her husband on here.

If that thing wasn't classed "female", it would of been sacked long time ago. An uneducated and unqualified person would be the same any gender they are. I don't fall for this man/woman bullshit. If you are a shit ****, you are a shit ****, whether you have a penis or vagina or both or none.

That's the price living in this faggy (check south park meaning for ***) snowflake PC era we do.

If I had a large business I would make a woman CEO with the real brains pulling her strings. My company would have a free run in the media because they would be too scared to attack a woman.

A Trojan female horse in a sense.

PS watch what happens to Hill the first hiccup. He is a white male so they are salivating to rip into him.

Last edited:
Reactions: DT

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love nrl 360 and kent and ikin are awesome they say it how it is no emotion or cliche bulkshit

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The article implies he was let go by the club but that's not right. He wanted to leave at the time. Would be great to see him back though.
They have there own agenda. Price made his bed with the warriors now he can sleep in it

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only thing that's not appealing in that article is that Price is living in Qld. He'll probably come here for board meetings etc. I can't see him leaving a well paid job in Qld, most other board members have other jobs/businesses.
What well paid job? during his interview on NRL 360 last, I interpreted that he has not long been back in Australia from living in Cocoanut land (NZ) running his own business? whats he doing for a crust now? anyone know??

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What well paid job? during his interview on NRL 360 last, I interpreted that he has not long been back in Australia from living in Cocoanut land (NZ) running his own business? whats he doing for a crust now? anyone know??
He's working as a BDM for a health insurance company.

Status
Not open for further replies.