FORGET THE LOSSES!!! Season 2006 comes down to this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
For those of you who want to keep whinging, sooking, speculating about getting Tonga or Roy back this season... i've only got FOUR words for ya:

IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!! >:(>:(>:(

Here's the reality check you've all been waiting for:
  1. Tonga's just gone under the knife (i.e. Surgery) and will NOT (i repeat will NOT) be back this season
  2. There's speculation Asotasi might be back, and he may (or MAY NOT) be available on Grand Final day...
So from today onwards, I suggest you all start getting used to us being without the 2 of them until next season. Tonga will return in 2007, Roy Asotasi wont. PERIOD!!!

So sooking, crying, whinging, throwing temper tantrums, FFS'ing, cussing, etc will not do a damn thing about it, so do us all a favour and get the fark over it!!! jeeez!!! >:(

How about this! Why don't you's put season 2006 in a brand new perspective!?!?

Forget about our fancy wins, forget about the crushing losses, forget about the season-ending injuries, and forget about the suspensions...

I can only see season 2006 all coming down to the following:
  1. How much HEART do we have left???
  2. How much TICKER do we have left to overcome our toughest hour, and focus on the job at hand??
  3. Do we throw in the towel right here, or do we fight tooth and nail, knowing our backs are to the wall and people are writing our chances off as I write this.
The Bulldogs of old were a team which never said die. If we were to go down, we'd go down FIGHTING!!! But that was a team with a lot of old experienced heads.

The Bulldogs of today are a very young side, and it will be interesting to see how they face the situation we've got at the moment...Will they have a mature approach to dealing with a roster decimated by injuries.

Who knows what's going to happen over the next few weeks???
Sure, we know we've got a finals birth and 2 bites at the cherry for finishing in the top 4. And hey, if we had every player on board, fully fit, in peak form, playing out of their skins, then maybe we could afford the luxury of being VERY confident in our ability to win this comp!!!
Our confidence would come from knowing we've got a a fully-fit roster and plenty of depth to go with it... but that's not the case... we're understrength and we'll have to lift more than ever!

Make no mistake about it: We can win this thing, but it will take something special...
The BIG question is: Will our young guns show plenty of heart and desperation and play every game like it was their last?? - Because let me tell you, thats what it'll take to win our games from here on in! It won't get any easier!

Or will they adopt the defeatist attitude and say "oh fk it, we've lost 3 or 4 key players, we got no hope, we've got fk-all to play for..."

If its the latter, then i'll be truly ashamed to support this team. Not that i'll walk away from the Bulldogs, but i'll feel deeply embarrassed to support a bunch of QUITTERS! We've always had a never-say-die culture. Thats one of the main reasons why i support this team. If we lose that, we lose the very backbone of who we are!

thats my rant... thats the way i see it

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
man thats long
i agree - we have to knuckle down and forget about tonga and asotasi
we have to pull out thumbs out and not sit in the corner and cry
i think thats what soulja is on abt
i didnt read all of it

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
try reading all of it... skim it if you have to!

man its not the bible or "War and Peace"... its got a huge bearing on how we carry on with our season!

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
100% AGREED SOULJA... WELL SAID INDEED... :D :D

I do reckon though that Roy will be back for the 3rd week of finals though... ;)

HOWEVER I agree that the Nay Sayers and pessismists should either SHUT UP or get off our bandwagon, and to the true supporters who are WORRIED AND SAYING WE CAN'T DO IT... HAVE SOME FAITH.

If there is any side that can do it we can, its a part of our culture, its a part of our ethos its in our theme songs, its in our attitude and its in our blood, WE NEVER SAY DIE.

I believe that the boys will not want 2005 to happen again and will stand up and be counted in 2006, I even believe that some of them will grow another leg and become key figures in this finals series.

Call me stupid or crazy, perhaps, but I say its my belief in every member of this club that they can do it, they are all Bulldogs and if they come out with Belief and spirit they will do it.

BUT THEY NEED US SUPPORTERS TO BELIEVE IN THEM, THEY WON'T HAVE BELIEF if half of their loyal supporters believe they are Goneski just because of 2 players.

INSTEAD OF WORRYING AND GOING PARANOID, LETS GET FOCUSED, HAVE FAITH AND SUPPORT THE BOYS 100%, LETS FLOOD THE EMAILS WITH SUPPORT and show all our team that we believe in them, everyone of them, no matter what.

WE ARE THE DOGS, DOGS TILL THE END, AND WE ARE READY FOR THE BATTLE..:D :D

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I never once said its over:grinning:

All i said is that it will be hard :grinning: Remember what we had to do in 2004?

Not only overcome losing Price for two consecutive games (bar 3 minutes) but also beat a roosters outfit who had a 100% completion rate of wins when losing at halftime. The mountain can still be climbed :grinning:. It just got a little highe though. Im confident our boys can win it. And i think they will all step up in there boys absence :grinning:

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
There was a time, that we'd grow an extra arm and leg when things only got worse and worse for us.

Thats what made me so proud of this team... to see the boys rise up and "play on 1 leg" so to speak...

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
soulja, your such a groupie :p

GROW UP FFS

nah jks man good read. harsh but damn true

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree, and I think Mason is the guy to fire the team up, but unfortunately he won't be there for the next 2 weeks. IMO this is Sonny's time to step up and show just how valuable he is to our team. I'm expecting big things of SBW in the next few weeks if we are to win the comp. He is on $400,000 a season, and this is the kind of situation where we need him to lift the team, and he is definately capable of doing this. In saying that, all of our other players need to aim up if we stand any chance.

Another player who i know won't let us down is Chris Armit. This is his turn to prove that he is worthy of a starting front-row job next season. He has done a mountain of work this year, and it is up to him to keep up all his great work in such an important part of the season. If he does this, we won't miss Asotasi as much, and I think it is up to him to fill Asotasi's massive hole in the side.

If the players have the right attitude we will come damn close to winning this thing, thats if we dont win.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Agreed 100%, this fight aint over yet, its freakin just began now for our boys. This is when we have to stand up and be counted and whoever is in jerseys 1 to 17m have faith and belief that they will do the job and get us through. Cmon doggies fkkin fire up, show the "DOGS OF WAR" attitude begginning this friday and bring on the rest of 2006.

***And to everyone making fkin stupid threads and suggestions like (irvine at centre, roberts at centre etc.) can these just stop, its really annoying and funny to see. Just get over it and move on!!!

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
exactly!!!

STOP proposing drastic changes to our line-up!!! fielding players out of position is NOT going to help our cause! its actually the worst thing we can do! Anyone who knows ANYTHING about football can understand that! and Folksey isn't stupid enough to attempt a move like that... so try looking at the real issue at hand!

the only way we are going to win is with passion, the right attitude, guts, and determination...

having 3 or 4 players out should not derail our season... we can still put 17 players on the field, NOT play them out of position, and still win!

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No other club lifts like the dogs when things get tough!

Every time there is a crisis history proves the dogs lift. This is far from a crisis though! Just a speed bump. If we can get through week 1 of the finals we will be looking god for the long weekend in October!

Doggiesfan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How can you write the Bulldogs off? I was doing it during the Broncos loss- not because we got smashed- but because of the loss of Roy And Willie Tonga. But this team can not be written off. Any team with Sonny Bill Williams in it is never out of premiership contention. Any team with Willie Mason in it is never out of premiership contention. Any team with both of them should destroy what lays in its path with ruthlessness only Canterbury would show. There's a host of others including Chris Armit, Mark O'Meley, youthful pairing Nate Myles and Jarrad Hickey, captain Andrew Ryan and one of the best players we've had since making his debut at the club in 2004 Reni Maitua.

We've lost Asotasi but we've got the firepower to compete anyway. The loss of Tonga isn't replaced as easily but, thankfully, his loss isn't as bad. Now, I'm not saying that Tonga is any less important to the team than Asotasi but take a look at the man he plays inside. Matt Utai. Matt Utai doesn't need a heap of room to make a break or score a try. He doesn't NEED a centre like Willie Tonga inside him. As long as he gets the ball when there's a chance on he'll make the most of it.

The Dogs are gone. I really don't think they believe they're out of contention without Asotasi and Tonga. I really, really don't. I cannot stress that enough. Everyone in that team knows they have enough ability to cover their loss... and then some.

jig73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I will never write The Dogs off, just have a look at the players still available to us, Sure the injuries shocked us all and made us re-evaluate things but we must fight on. It is going to be tough but that is what this club thrives on so I think everyone should just take a deep breath and get on with it.

bobnbo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Though it's hard to have injuries to key players the CANTERBURY BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS will win 2006 premiership because they have HEART a GREAT COACH & the PLAYERS to boot for the those that have doubts in the BULLDOGS don't, you have a great community & one of the best support bases in the league don't be pessamistic be optimistic the BULLDOGS have what it takes to WIN this years p/ship the club has had it's ups & downs for many a year but they always come out on top, simply because of dedication to one another on & off the field as do the supporters in their dedication to supporting a GREAT TEAM.

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
WELL DONE!!

that's the best thread i have read on here since Friday night

:grinning:

SirWilliamMason

Waterboy
Reaction score
I agree - all this is only making us stronger - we thrive on it !!!
No reason to lose confidence.
2006 - it's ours!!!!!!

SoNnY_dAyS

Kennel Established
Reaction score
NEVER SAY DIE!
By the way that was a great read, agreed 100%.

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
It's all gonna come down to passion and how MUCH the players want to win the GF.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Everyone is writing us off already. This is when we always thrive!!!

bAsE

JACKPOT
Reaction score
remember in 95, everyone wrote us off and said we were like an injured bird, but we came at them like a pissed off hawke and won the comp, NEVER SAY DIE.

Status
Not open for further replies.