Forans kicking game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our structures will need to completely change to get the best out of Foran and the team. As we are now, Foran won't be anywhere near as effective playing for us.

The main thing that needs to change is our gameplan of trying to play around teams. Firstly because it's a fucking shit way to play footy and secondly because Foran is the type of player that wants to play direct and through teams. When Foran has the ball the first few things going though his mind are to play nice and straight and run himself, or play short to a forward running off his outside shoulder. This is no chance off happening at the Dogs unless Des shakes our structures up.
completely agree but the best coaching des could do with Foran is no coaching at all. Give foran complete control of the attack

If cronk retires like expected the best thing the dogs could do is send cronk a blank cheque and make him your attacking coach. Cronk would design your attack around foran and with forans help they would know what would need to be done

But can des swallow his pride for the best for the team and his coaching career

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's a world class half who will change the way we play next season. His kicking game is exceptional - both long and short as he is proving today with a 40/20 and try assists from his short kicking.

His direct style of play consistently creates space for his outside men which is something we have rarely seen from our halves at the bulldogs. I can't wait to have him in our team for 2018 and beyond. Plenty of successful years to come!
your attacking structure will still need to be changed because at the moment your team sirs back because of the way your halves play. The backs like early ball but foran likes to play late. If the team continues to sit back all that will happen is foran will run to the line and get smashed with the ball because he will have no one to pass to.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
your attacking structure will still need to be changed because at the moment your team sirs back because of the way your halves play. The backs like early ball but foran likes to play late. If the team continues to sit back all that will happen is foran will run to the line and get smashed with the ball because he will have no one to pass to.
You know this, we know this, the world knows this, but does Des know this?

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FORAN VOWS TO BRING LOYALTY TO THE BULLDOGS
Editor - May 10, 2017
FORAN HAS SUGGESTED THE NRL NEEDS TO CLAMP DOWN ON PLAYERS WHO SHOW NO LOYALTY

New Zealand Warriors half Kieran Foran has pledged to instil greater loyalty at the Bulldogs next year, something he says the club has lacked badly this year.

Foran, sporting a Broncos cap at a press conference earlier today, unleashed a tirade of harsh criticism for his future club.

“Reynolds is leaving, James Graham wants out, Hopoate refuses to play on Sundays, it’s pretty clear the Bulldogs have a loyalty issue,” Foran told reporters today.

“I want to teach the dogs that there are some things in life bigger than money and that the important thing in the NRL is sticking together with your teammates.”

When questioned as to whether his advice was somewhat hypocritical given he has played for 11 different clubs over the past 18 months, Foran appeared agitated by the suggestion.

“Well that’s why I’m so qualified to talk about it dickhead,” Foran responded sharply.

THE FAULT REPORT IS A SATIRICAL WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO REALITY IS PURELY (AND LAMENTABLY) COINCIDENTAL.

http://www.thefaultreport.com.au/sport/foran-vows-to-bring-loyalty-to-the-bulldogs/

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Very true and that's why we got Woods. The one thing he does is go straight and him together with Klemm should change the way we start the plays off. What it means though is Tolman and Graham are either going to be on the bench or re-think their hitup strategy.
They go sideways because thats just how we play. All our attacking plays are pretty much run heading towards the corner post. You could deadset draw a line from the middle of the field to each corner post and our players would run a similar line haha.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FORAN VOWS TO BRING LOYALTY TO THE BULLDOGS
Editor - May 10, 2017

New Zealand Warriors half Kieran Foran has pledged to instil greater loyalty at the Bulldogs next year, something he says the club has lacked badly this year.

Foran, sporting a Broncos cap at a press conference earlier today, unleashed a tirade of harsh criticism for his future club.

“Reynolds is leaving, James Graham wants out, Hopoate refuses to play on Sundays, it’s pretty clear the Bulldogs have a loyalty issue,” Foran told reporters today.

“I want to teach the dogs that there are some things in life bigger than money and that the important thing in the NRL is sticking together with your teammates.”

When questioned as to whether his advice was somewhat hypocritical given he has played for 11 different clubs over the past 18 months, Foran appeared agitated by the suggestion.

“Well that’s why I’m so qualified to talk about it dickhead,” Foran responded sharply.

THE FAULT REPORT IS A SATIRICAL WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO REALITY IS PURELY (AND LAMENTABLY) COINCIDENTAL.

http://www.thefaultreport.com.au/sport/foran-vows-to-bring-loyalty-to-the-bulldogs/
hahahahahaha

Foran will go down as the greatest mercenary in the NRL

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They go sideways because thats just how we play. All our attacking plays are pretty much run heading towards the corner post. You could deadset draw a line from the middle of the field to each corner post and our players would run a similar line haha.
Absolutely but it starts with the first pass and first run and that is where Graham and Tolman live. They go sidewards (with a little help from Lichaa) and the backs, Reynolds in particular when he is there, have nowhere else to go but to the edges. I know they have a tendency to play around rather than through but that is not because they don't have the players to do it, it's because of the props going sidewards every hitup.

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you think he doesn't have a long kicking game hope you watching him put on a clinic in halves play v Panthers right now!

Repeat sets
Kick assist
Try assist
Try
Short balls
Long balls

We need him now!!!!!
Yep I agree, if there is one negitive he looks slightly out of condition and slow

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Absolutely but it starts with the first pass and first run and that is where Graham and Tolman live. They go sidewards (with a little help from Lichaa) and the backs, Reynolds in particular when he is there, have nowhere else to go but to the edges. I know they have a tendency to play around rather than through but that is not because they don't have the players to do it, it's because of the props going sidewards every hitup.
And the reason our props do that is because Des has drilled it into the for so long.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman/graham first receiver pass to mbye second receiver pass to foran who finally gets the ball but the defence is already on him and he gets smashed

Top stuff des!!!!!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
And the reason our props do that is because Des has drilled it into the for so long.
could be. I'm not that close to know. I think broadly one of our biggest problems is that we only have plonkers in the reggies in most positions and so no-one is putting pressure on them to perform. The FG players are still our best even when they play bad and that is just not healthy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
could be. I'm not that close to know. I think broadly one of our biggest problems is that we only have plonkers in the reggies in most positions and so no-one is putting pressure on them to perform. The FG players are still our best even when they play bad and that is just not healthy.
Des rarely drops anyone anyway.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahahahahaha

Foran will go down as the greatest mercenary in the NRL
Not really, its not like hes just jumping clubs for money and premierships. Guys like sbw and maloney I'd consider mercenaries

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyway back to the Topic, Foran has a very good kicking game.
Certainly better than anyone in our team now.
Also and probably more importantly he has a great football brain.
That's what we need.
Because my god we play dumb a lot of the time.
But yes he has an A+ kicking game.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the game plan will be overhauled to accomodate Foz
Our attack was overhauled this year wasn't it?

Foran can't come soon enough. We need some fresh ideas, a new attacking coach at least.

Des has fucking lost it.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Our attack was overhauled this year wasn't it?

Foran can't come soon enough. We need some fresh ideas, a new attacking coach at least.

Des has fucking lost it.
Isn't the bloke half the kennel wants as head coach our attacking coach now?

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Isn't the bloke half the kennel wants as head coach our attacking coach now?
Hasler is the head coach
Hasler is the attacking coach
Hasler is the defensive coach
Hasler is the media coach
Hasler is the mind coach
Hasler is the stats coach

Hasler has his offsiders which must follow and implement his ways to the players

You are absolutely kidding yourself if you think anyone else other than Des Hasler has any and final say of all aspects of the dogs regime and game.

Summary: Des Hasler is a shit coach

Status
Not open for further replies.