FORAN

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing we miss is Foran's leadership.
He led the team around and they mostly responded to it.
We are totally bare of leadership at the moment. JJ is a good defender but a weak leader.
Being Captain means more than dialogue with the referees.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be straight-
Yes we would be a lot better off with Foran. In fact, we could of signed Foran on less than we signed Flannigan. I thought it was ridiculous not to resign after the mammoth dollars we paid him and him coming out saying he wanted to repay us by signing a reduced contract. This way we would of got some value for money. So yes, Barrett’s mistake and absolutely zero logical argument in the world to prove we’d be worse off with him. 100% we’d be travelling better if he was in the team. Was he the best option not sure but certainly better than what we currently have so end of argument, close thread cause I couldn’t hit the nail much harder on the head.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran was only on the field something like 65% of the time approximately. That is a horrible statistic when you are getting paid like a million dollars a year.

Yes he was good, but we need to rebuild not spend a huuuuge percentage of our cap on a dude who is broken.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
To be straight-
Yes we would be a lot better off with Foran. In fact, we could of signed Foran on less than we signed Flannigan. I thought it was ridiculous not to resign after the mammoth dollars we paid him and him coming out saying he wanted to repay us by signing a reduced contract. This way we would of got some value for money. So yes, Barrett’s mistake and absolutely zero logical argument in the world to prove we’d be worse off with him. 100% we’d be travelling better if he was in the team. Was he the best option not sure but certainly better than what we currently have so end of argument, close thread cause I couldn’t hit the nail much harder on the head.
Even with Flanagan I would of re-signed him, I think the club were confident on Burton coming early. Flanagan has been much much worse than I could of ever imagined or thought he would perform.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Foran was only on the field something like 65% of the time approximately. That is a horrible statistic when you are getting paid like a million dollars a year.

Yes he was good, but we need to rebuild not spend a huuuuge percentage of our cap on a dude who is broken.
He was still our best player (by far) only playing 65% of the games (using your %). He also wouldn't of been on big money, less than what Flanagan signed for (300-400k range). If Foran was at another club I probably wouldn't sign him myself but I think it's slightly different when they're already here (and like I said our best player).

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuckin overpriced 5 years to late hack that went missing in action at the crucial moments. Thank fuck he is gone. Did absolutely nothing to help develop the likes of Avo or Wakeham.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was still our best player (by far) only playing 65% of the games (using your %). He also wouldn't of been on big money, less than what Flanagan signed for (300-400k range). If Foran was at another club I probably wouldn't sign him myself but I think it's slightly different when they're already here (and like I said our best player).
He played 58% of games but there were plenty where he went off early injured as well. I think we gave him a chance to re-sign but he didn't seem to want to & think it was time to cut our losses & give someone else a go.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran should have been signed on a 1 year prove it deal after his disastrous spells at the Eels and Warriors. I don't know why anyone would want this dud still at the club. I honestly believe we would have made a significant attempt for Munster if we hadn't gone for Foran to which set us back years