Foran

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck this talk of Green and Foran. Its a fucking nightmare.
Serouisly, if this club hasnt prepared the last 3 years, done the work and come up with a solution Ill be pissed.
I know it naive of me to sit and wait announcements, to think that those in charge of the mighty Bulldogs can actually get shit done.
Lewis talking about how Barret wants to work with him is really concerning. If Barret hasnt worked out that Lewis is a flop yet than what does that tell you.
I dont think I can take much more. 40 fucking years and Im just about done.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your body is busted foz time to pack it in be a halves coach

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck this talk of Green and Foran. Its a fucking nightmare.
Serouisly, if this club hasnt prepared the last 3 years, done the work and come up with a solution Ill be pissed.
I know it naive of me to sit and wait announcements, to think that those in charge of the mighty Bulldogs can actually get shit done.
Lewis talking about how Barret wants to work with him is really concerning. If Barret hasnt worked out that Lewis is a flop yet than what does that tell you.
I dont think I can take much more. 40 fucking years and Im just about done.
100%
I really hope the plan wasn’t Lewis/Green 2021
Then Lewis/Burton 2022
After all the pain, sacrifice and a war chest to boot that is fucken putrid.
When you have a ‘war chest’ at your disposal you should be fielding a top four roster, minimum.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100%
I really hope the plan wasn’t Lewis/Green 2021
Then Lewis/Burton 2022
After all the pain, sacrifice and a war chest to boot that is fucken putrid.
When you have a ‘war chest’ at your disposal you should be fielding a top four roster, minimum.
I beg your pardon, we never promised you a ....war chest

3 years ago we told fans we would be finally rid of back ended and ratchet contracts and finally have a few bucks for a 34 yo half and a SOO winger and a few journeyman forwards.

We still have till November to announce the other signings. Be patient. It wont happen overnight but it will happen.

We might have to push it out a few more years tho. We'll get back to you :grinning:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll bet Foran is regretting that he knocked back the single year today. Great player when fit,but has absolutely no luck with remaining fit. His next contract if he gets one will likely be a single year at close to minimum wage now.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: in Barrett we trust..... nasheed not so much

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Floporan is gone!

We don't have to hear about every time he breaks a nail or tweaks something in his body. That Des/Dib signing is one of the worst in our history.
Na Sharon woods and she Rex would have to be

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, like I have done in the past on other matters (no one took the bet, I said I’d bet Lichaa would never play origin, people claimed he would but didn’t take the bet).
Willing to bet $3000 that whoever buys 2021 Foran will finish above the Bulldogs. That’s extremely good odds now that’s he actually injured.
Bet will be voided if we sign an absolute gun half or hooker but will still honor bet if we sign Burton/Green.
Obviously we have to stipulate terms when we see our final roster but as it stands I’m happy to follow through on this bet. If Foran is so bad just put your money where your mouth is and make some easy coin. Everyone says how much they hate him and disrespect a lot, may as well prove me wrong, yourself right and earn some pocket money to boot.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No I wouldn’t be such an incompetent moron who couldn’t negotiate my way outta wet paper bag. I would’ve sat down with him and figured out a two year deal which both parties were happy with.
So the board are incompetent morons for not re-signing a guy we have paid millions to for years while he played very little football? Right.
Im a Foran fan, and he has played some good footy this year, but it was the right call to not re-sign him. If it wasn't for covid he would have played a couple of games and then tore his pec.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Again, like I have done in the past on other matters (no one took the bet, I said I’d bet Lichaa would never play origin, people claimed he would but didn’t take the bet).
Willing to bet $3000 that whoever buys 2021 Foran will finish above the Bulldogs. That’s extremely good odds now that’s he actually injured.
Bet will be voided if we sign an absolute gun half or hooker but will still honor bet if we sign Burton/Green.
Obviously we have to stipulate terms when we see our final roster but as it stands I’m happy to follow through on this bet. If Foran is so bad just put your money where your mouth is and make some easy coin. Everyone says how much they hate him and disrespect a lot, may as well prove me wrong, yourself right and earn some pocket money to boot.
Thats shot odds!! We will take out the dreaded spoon this year, so that puts 15 teams ahead of us. And let's say the rorters sign him, or Melbourne etc, of course they finish ahead of us. Its a given.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We might still sign Foran for next year.

Forans manager is gonna try and get him his best deal, but don't be surprised if no one else is prepared to take a punt on him.

Most teams may not have to much room if squad sizes are reduced. And we've already stated we want a clean out.

We already know they were happy to play him one more year (at least). So if he came back and said let's do something .... I wouldn't be surprised if made something happen for even less than he was originally offered.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The club were extremely unlucky with the Green injury and really can't be faulted in making the decision in moving to him over Foran. They would've been absolutely mad to have re-signed Foran for the 2-3 years like he wanted, and had they done this I would've been calling for them to be run out of the club.

In saying this, I do believe Foran will end up at the Dogs next year on drastically reduced terms which I can't really fault. It's not like he'd be blocking any amazing youngsters coming through, and we need some experience in there. I don't care what anyone says, our current halves options are so so bad that an injured Foran who players 1/3 of the games next season is better than a fit them.