News Foran happy to take pay cut

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If we get stuck signing this cripple due to no other options I put that down as a failure of our board and recruitment we’ve had long enough to scour the market and we are salary cap anchor free

saying we extended the contract of a player who has barely made it on the field for just over 50% of games over the last 6yrs and has broken every bone in his body, strained, torn or ruptured every ligament because we couldn’t find a better option fmd!!

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Hoppa had a kicking game he wouldn't look out of place in the 6 if we also had an organising 7.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Hoppa had a kicking game he wouldn't look out of place in the 6 if we also had an organising 7.
We do have an organising 7, he just hasn't been allowed to play and develop in that role yet

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If we get stuck signing this cripple due to no other options I put that down as a failure of our board and recruitment we’ve had long enough to scour the market and we are salary cap anchor free

saying we extended the contract of a player who has barely made it on the field for just over 50% of games over the last 6yrs and has broken every bone in his body, strained, torn or ruptured every ligament because we couldn’t find a better option fmd!!
FMD you just can't resist exaggerating can you, there are 206 bones in the human body and I'm not sure that he has broken any of them at all. Whilst playing for us, the toe was ligaments, as was the syndesmosis and the shoulder was dislocated, so none of those actually qualify as "broken bones". That makes you (since you like %'s) about 100% wrong.

Go Dogs

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Offer him $400k now for 2 seasons, he'd jump at it. If he stays fit for another month the asking price will go up.

That frees up $600k, can get a decent dummy half for that money.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD you just can't resist exaggerating can you, there are 206 bones in the human body and I'm not sure that he has broken any of them at all. Whilst playing for us, the toe was ligaments, as was the syndesmosis and the shoulder was dislocated, so none of those actually qualify as "broken bones". That makes you (since you like %'s) about 100% wrong.

Go Dogs
well someone has sand in their vagina....

I heard after last season Foran got a tattoo which read "made in China" because he's always breaking down

I thought we were meant to be getting smarter with our money not throwing hundreds of thousands of dollars at someone who has been put together more than Frankenstein

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Thanks for that Dr turbo

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smith isn't a centre, he has no thoughts of passing the ball. He's a winger no doubt. Atleast 2 to 3 times last night he should have passed the ball to the winger who had opportunities or was in a better position then himself. Not once did it even enter his mindset.
Smith as a winger is very aware where the sideline is. As a centre he fails to know where his winger is.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
well someone has sand in their vagina....

I heard after last season Foran got a tattoo which read "made in China" because he's always breaking down

I thought we were meant to be getting smarter with our money not throwing hundreds of thousands of dollars at someone who has been put together more than Frankenstein
So do you reckon we should re-sign him or not?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Elsa Turbo
Let it go ****, let it go

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Offer him $400k now for 2 seasons, he'd jump at it. If he stays fit for another month the asking price will go up.

That frees up $600k, can get a decent dummy half for that money.
A month of playing footy can’t dictate his asking price for next year
I don’t think he will jump at anything until he thinks things through.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess it depends what the club thinks and what Foz thinks and how things are going, but at least he is prepared to take a cut an stay on if that’s the way it rolls..!!

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Foran has been a great player. It doesn’t matter whether it’s broken bones, torn or strained tendons/ligaments; he’s injury prone. He’s 30 by season’s end. Would be better served in a mentoring role or on our coaching staff than taking up a spot on our playing roster moving forward.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran has been a great player. It doesn’t matter whether it’s broken bones, torn or strained tendons/ligaments; he’s injury prone. He’s 30 by season’s end. Would be better served in a mentoring role or on our coaching staff than taking up a spot on our playing roster moving forward.
Look, he has been an injury waiting to happen for the last 4 or 5 years. But I think some of that was also magnified by some of his personal issues as well.

30 is hardly old and actual games wise he has just played 200. All of the guys in the list below won premierships at 30 or older and have many many more 1st grade games under thier belt.

Thurston 32

Cronk 35

Alan langer 31

Fittler 30

Des Hasler 35

Terry Lamb 34

Turvey 32

It’s a glass half full thought, but if he is fit now and we/he has a bit of luck injury wise, he could go on for another 2-3 seasons of top footy.

$400k is an insult to be honest, but $500k + incentives might work? We are definitely a better football team with him on the paddock.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If he can stay fit we would be dumb not to keep him. I dunno how likely it is he can stay uninjured though

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Simple then. An incentive based contract. A percentage upon how many games played

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look, he has been an injury waiting to happen for the last 4 or 5 years. But I think some of that was also magnified by some of his personal issues as well.

30 is hardly old and actual games wise he has just played 200. All of the guys in the list below won premierships at 30 or older and have many many more 1st grade games under thier belt.

Thurston 32

Cronk 35

Alan langer 31

Fittler 30

Des Hasler 35

Terry Lamb 34

Turvey 32

It’s a glass half full thought, but if he is fit now and we/he has a bit of luck injury wise, he could go on for another 2-3 seasons of top footy.

$400k is an insult to be honest, but $500k + incentives might work? We are definitely a better football team with him on the paddock.
Undisputed we’re a competitive side when he’s playing- the bottom line is however, over the past 2 seasons he’s only averaged 13 games a season. For your dominant playmaker even at $500k we’d be paying overs to play half a season.
We need to invest in the future....& move on from the past

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Undisputed we’re a competitive side when he’s playing- the bottom line is however, over the past 2 seasons he’s only averaged 13 games a season. For your dominant playmaker even at $500k we’d be paying overs to play half a season.
We need to invest in the future....& move on from the past
That’s all true and I get it. I am just concerned that the is no obvious gun half replacement available even for $7-800k.

And if he has finally found a good place physically and is offended by a shitty offer from us signs with someone else and comes back and smacks us..

We have Averillo and Wakeham to build on in years to come and playing with a fit Foran could be huge for their growth.

It’s an interesting problem.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't sign him til seasons end.
If he gets through unscathed sign him for $150k whick based on games played the past 4 yrs is his worth plus $5k match payments for every game he plays. Total approx. $280k.