Foran fitting in

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kasianos definately left.. theres no coke, fries & kebabs on that table...

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved his news conference said all the right things I like to hear as a dogs supporter seriously we all need to get behind him and the team and support the Larkin he is one of us now and no matter what we should support him and the team fuck what all the haters say I think he will re capture that form he had at manly may not happen overnight but once his body gets right and he builds that strength back up he will be the best signing the dogs have made in the last 20years he looks happy and I can't wait for him to don the blue and white jersey next season all in all lets get behind owe team #FukDesHasler.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like his media conference.

Pretty much his training is all about conditioning pre-christmas. Light contact after the break. Full contact by the time the season starts...

Fmd..... i hope all his off field shit is sorted. He has potential to be great

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like his media conference.

Pretty much his training is all about conditioning pre-christmas. Light contact after the break. Full contact by the time the season starts...

Fmd..... i hope all his off field shit is sorted. He has potential to be great
Where can you view the media conference? Only the one on facebook I can find doing some questions for the club.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He actually looks really happy... which is great to see... guys seen a lot of dark clouds in recent years..

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Battered Bulldogs recruit Kieran Foran to remain in rehab fitness work until January
Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
26 minutes ago

ONCE-troubled NRL star Kieran Foran has admitted he is now “in a really good place” before declaring he wanted to remain a Bulldog for the rest of his career

Speaking publicly for the first time as a Canterbury player, Foran opened up on his battle with mental illness, Des Hasler’s sacking, whether he wanted to walk away from his Bulldogs contract, his ongoing injuries and his new partner.

MONDAY BUZZ: Highlights, lowlights

Bulldogs recruit Kieran Foran in his new jersey. (AAP Image/Daniel Munoz)
MENTAL DEMONS
Foran attempted suicide during his long and publicised battle with mental illness. He has now recovered.

“Life’s good,” he stressed. “I’m really happy and I’m in a really good place. I’m excited.

“I have had my challenges over the last few years for various reasons and whatnot.

“Sometimes (bad times) make you appreciate certain things. That’s what life does to you. It’s all behind me now and I am really looking forward to the future and the year ahead with the Dogs.

“What I can say is life is really good — things are going really well at the moment.

“It’s part of everyday life, isn’t it … being happy and trying to find the right balance in life.

“I have had various things to contend with over the last couple of years — they are behind me.”

Foran was denied the chance to link with his old boss and mentor Hasler.
DES
Foran signed at Canterbury through his friendship with Des Hasler, who has now been sacked at Belmore.

“I guess there was so much talk and speculation about him over the back-half of the year — I guess I was prepared for anything,” Foran said.

“As it got closer, it looked more and more likely that he was probably going to go and they would bring someone else in.

“Look, I am really excited to play under Dean (Pay, new head coach), he’s a great fella. He has been in the system waiting for an opportunity.

“Now he gets his crack and hopefully we can do the best jobs we can so that everyone enjoys their footy and everyone has a really good year.”

Asked had he spoken to Hasler, Foran said: “I haven’t really, no. Obviously I feel for him — it’s always hard when a coach gets sacked, isn’t it?

“Especially because he has been around for a while and you build those friendships and relationships with people.

“It’s always difficult seeing things like that happen but that’s behind us now, that’s the past and I full focused on what’s ahead.”

It’s been a painful journey for Foran. (Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)
BULLDOGS
Foran claimed he never sought to back-out of his Canterbury deal when Hasler was dumped.

“No, I didn’t mate,” Foran said. “I signed a three-year deal here and I was always coming here regardless.

“It’s a big club and a club I want to be part of, hopefully, for the rest of my career. Hopefully now I can be really settled and find my feet.

“I want to play some good here and hopefully, as a group, we can be competitive.”

EDDIE
The NRL asked Foran to drop his friendship with colourful Sydney punter, Eddie Hayson. It is still a raw issue for Foran.

“That’s all gone — it’s in the past now,” Foran said. “I have moved on and am focusing on what is ahead.”

Hayne breaks World Cup record
THE MAN
Foran will be individually scrutinised on and off the field.

“I’m looking forward to the challenge — it’s not something that is weighing on my shoulders just yet,” he said.

“We are a team and everyone will have to pull their weight. We will all have to do our job and play to the best of our ability.

“Hopefully I can play to mine. That’s the way I am looking at it at the moment.”

THE PARTNER
Foran is dating Karina May, a fitness instructor and mother of six from the Central Coast.

“I’m not going to comment on it but, like I said, life is good,” he said. “I’m happy. I am enjoying life again, things are going well.”

He added: “My life has changed — when I am away from footy I get away from footy. My head’s not in the (Sydney) fishbowl.”

THE PAST
Canterbury will be Foran’s fourth club in four years after stints with Manly, Parramatta and the Warriors.

“It’s been something I didn’t expect. I have moved around a fair bit,” he said. “It’s has had its challenges and obstacles to get around.

“You learn something new at every club. You can’t see it as a negative, you see it as a positive.

“It has been hard moving around and forming new combinations and friendships. I always wanted to come back and be closer to my children (Jordan and Emerson). That was always the plan.”

Foran will get the time he needs to find his best form. (AAP Image/Daniel Munoz)
INJURIES
Foran has sustained a multitude of injuries in recent years, stifling his career.

“It’s been hard with the body, feeling so run-down. Over the last year, I haven’t been able to get my body feeling the way I would have liked,” he said.

“That’s my main focus for this pre-season — to actually get my body back to feeling really good. If that is feeling good, then everything else will.

“I want to get my body right and get fit and hopefully having an injury-free year, that’s my main goal.”

TIME OUT
Foran has enjoyed plenty of free time since arriving back in Australia after his last game for the Warriors in August.

“It’s been a really good break for me, I have been back over here pretty much since that last-round match for the Warriors,” he said.

“I have given the body a really good break — I have tried to switch right off from rugby league.

“I just want to come here (at Canterbury) with a fresh mind from day one and be ready to get on top of my injuries.”

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I agree. I’ve always had a huge rap on him. When he’s on the field things happen. Easily the Dogs most destructive forward. You’ll miss his impact.
Exactly!!! he changes momentum as soon as he comes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.