News Foran. Canterbury bulldogs withdraw offer.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Here is the annoying thing, somehow you just know that he'll land a cut price contract for 3 years somewhere, and then tough little bugger that he is and with our rubbish luck to boot, he'll play 80% of games for 3 years and win a premiership.

Guy just wants to play, and he is class, sign him but have a bit of back up and put some clauses in the contract about retirement due to injury.
Too much common sense

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon this is like when Folau claimed da games for future captaincy and coaching like the wallabies.

he's angling for a two year compromise.

I can't see him getting three years for more than 200k a pop.

the answer is very simple.

425 a year. Two years.
Second year clause only activated if he plays 18 games over a season (this also indirectly motivates him to get the team reach the semis).

That is honestly the answer.

Kennel, I plead to you, please upvote this comment. Get the word out.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I reckon everyone watching last weeks game thought Foran was gone again for a lengthy period with that ankle. Perhaps it reminded the Boss's how close he always is to gone.

I didn't bother looking at the stats they mentioned however I do know that a few games that were on the line and we lost this season he did nothing to win them, like a million dollar half should. I'm happy to part ways regardless of how long he fools himself of having left and how his form may go after leaving us!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its easy to say just put in contractual clauses re injury n number of games played etc but he has to agree to it.
I cant see any club agreeing to three years - he wont get quicker!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon everyone watching last weeks game thought Foran was gone again for a lengthy period with that ankle. Perhaps it reminded the Boss's how close he always is to gone.

I didn't bother looking at the stats they mentioned however I do know that a few games that were on the line and we lost this season he did nothing to win them, like a million dollar half should. I'm happy to part ways regardless of how long he fools himself of having left and how his form may go after leaving us!
But your logic isn't correct because he won't be signing on as a million dollar half. Maybe not even half that. His value would be on the lower end of first grade halves. Bottom 20%.
now think about it in those terms and he's a great value buy.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran taking up $3Mil+ for 3yrs is very different to Foran taking up $900k for 3yrs. Personally for $300k per season plus some incentives, I think it’s not too bad a deal. I’d probably say yes to 2yrs with club option for the 3rd. $300k won’t break the bank, and who else is available for that amount? We will need 2 quality halves and the combos of Lewis, Wakeham and Cogger won’t be the answer. With Foran in $300k we could still afford a quality 6/7 when available.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Foran was so confident his body could hold up for three seasons and if he really wanted to stay and repay the faith the Dogs have shown him, why wouldn't he back himself and sign the deal?

I know why!! Because he knows he can't. It is purely a security contract for when he breaks down. Thats fair enough but we don't need or want a player who will be a week to chance of playing. Bye Bye Foran.
Exactly right. If your so confident of playing three seasons, take it year by year with contracts. No thanks. I’d personally be happy with a one year term, which may still happen. Which club would offer more anyway

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I doubt there is much to this, Foran will sign with us shortly. Both sides playing hard ball. Barrett knows what Foran will bring to his team. Dogs don’t need carrigan..... pangai jr would be good for mongrel.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Final offer should be 350k next season with a clause that if he plays 80% of the games then it'll trigger a 2nd year at 450k.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Barrett thinks we need him we’ll keep him even for three years if it’s truth in this rumour / tumour.
Maybe coach has a new plan

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
When I first read club offered $300k to $400k for 1 year.
I thought, well that's an offer you make when your not really making an offer and that Foran would likely go elsewhere.
Looks like that's how it will work out.

I think Foran has played well the last 6 weeks.
Certainly our best over the period.
And looking less like the tin man, moving much better.

Will be interested to see how he goes the next 6 weeks.
If he plays well, hopefully that will help get us over the line with a few wins and he secures a contract at another club.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
But your logic isn't correct because he won't be signing on as a million dollar half. Maybe not even half that. His value would be on the lower end of first grade halves. Bottom 20%.
now think about it in those terms and he's a great value buy.
350k to 400k for half a season is 700k or 800k, not very good value for money. He's a million dollar player now and I was referring to his performances NOW!

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One year option of a second depending on performances and appearances 400k max

IRON AIDEN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I doubt there is much to this, Foran will sign with us shortly. Both sides playing hard ball. Barrett knows what Foran will bring to his team. Dogs don’t need carrigan..... pangai jr would be good for mongrel.

mate foran"s body is ready for retirement ! he will need to put his body on the line now for new contract elssewhere and will break down