News Foran. Canterbury bulldogs withdraw offer.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
First.....I've been a Canterbury fan for 42 years.
Second.....Why so salty?
Third.....I was in the MINORITY here who didn't want to lose Ennis.

Point I was making is that the club was only prepated to offer Ennis 1 year like Foran and Ennis. Ennis took the opportunity to move to another club got a second wind football wise, played great with Cronulla and won a premiership.

My view is Foran as played pretty well this year, maybe not $1 a season well, but well enough to attract another club at $300k to $350k a season and who knows he may get his 3 year deal.
Also to me Foran looks less busted each week.

I completely believe the club or in particular the board used "the salary cap crisis" as a cruch to hide behind. So many lies told.

I have no problem with the club deciding to go in another direction and not re-signing Foran if that's what they want to do. We certainly didn't get value for money from Foran the last 3 years.
Salty?? lol.... not over you a your delusional state.. the salary cap is exactly what they said it was.. it is mandated that 95% of the cap is used. But yet you and a few other tin foil hat members want to run theories that the board were hiding money..you were unequivocally proven wrong. you also constantly defend both Hasler and Foran even though they are both a blight on the clubs history...

So yes, when I factor everything mentioned, I need to question who you support..I don't for one second think the current board has done an outstanding job, but your heros Des Dib and Foran have made their jobs that much harder..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He also said Lewis wakeham weren't good enough to take us up the ladder... Lose Foran and Cogger this year and don't sign any apt replacements....guess who will be our halves next year
Whether or not Foran can turn his career around remains to be seen , but as of right now, not offering more than 1 year is 100% the correct call.. too many people have really short memories..

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whether or not Foran can turn his career around remains to be seen , but as of right now, not offering more than 1 year is 100% the correct call.. too many people have really short memories..
Again, it depends on the circumstances.

Some might have short memories, but you straight up just don't respond to posts where you get shown to be taking a simplistic view.

Seems we got flops running the club and a flop here as part of the team running the forum.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Again, it depends on the circumstances.

Some might have short memories, but you straight up just don't respond to posts where you get shown to be taking a simplistic view.

Seems we got flops running the club and a flop here as part of the team running the forum.
Have a read through the hundreds of pages why Foran is a blight on our club.. I cbf explaining it you if you can't figure it out for yourself... What's with you Foran groupies...

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have a read through the hundreds of pages why Foran is a blight on our club.. I cbf explaining it you if you can't figure it out for yourself... What's with you Foran groupies...
You keep going on about Foran lovers etc but don't actually directly address any of the points made and instead just fall back on a 46 sec interview from Mick Ennis and some warped idea that there are loads of good halves on the market and plenty waiting for their FG shot at the Dogs.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You keep going on about Foran lovers etc but don't actually directly address any of the points made and instead just fall back on a 46 sec interview from Mick Ennis and some warped idea that there are loads of good halves on the market and plenty waiting for their FG shot at the Dogs.
Everything that needed to be said has been said on the Foran topic.. I'm not bothered explaining to a numpty for the thousandth time... There's plenty archived here champ knock yourself out..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Salty?? lol.... not over you a your delusional state.. the salary cap is exactly what they said it was.. it is mandated that 95% of the cap is used. But yet you and a few other tin foil hat members want to run theories that the board were hiding money..you were unequivocally proven wrong. you also constantly defend both Hasler and Foran even though they are both a blight on the clubs history...

So yes, when I factor everything mentioned, I need to question who you support..I don't for one second think the current board has done an outstanding job, but your heros Des Dib and Foran have made their jobs that much harder..
Not hiding money as yes they have to spend 95% of the salary cap.
They Lied about the extend of the "salary cap crisis" and yes I think Des should not have been sacked.
Giving him the remaining two years on the contract would have been the sensible decision. Results wise it couldn't have been any worse.
If the salary cap was as stuffed as you believe Des may have even walked early and saved the club $2 million.

Foran has been injured and yes the $3 million was money down the drain, but that is sport.
Maybe paying him $1 million over 3 years will pay off huge for the club that takes him on, who knows.

How Foran plays out the remainder of this season will be a test of his character. I'm hoping he gets us over the line for say 3 wins and we avoid the spoon.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not bothered explaining to a numpty for the thousandth time...
You haven't even made 1 good point, so 1000 is a bit of an overestimate. But if that is the case, surely you can do us all a favour and stop posting from now onwards?

Cheers x

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not hiding money as yes they have to spend 95% of the salary cap.
They Lied about the extend of the "salary cap crisis" and yes I think Des should not have been sacked.
Giving him the remaining two years on the contract would have been the sensible decision. Results wise it couldn't have been any worse.
If the salary cap was as stuffed as you believe Des may have even walked early and saved the club $2 million.

Foran has been injured and yes the $3 million was money down the drain, but that is sport.
Maybe paying him $1 million over 3 years will pay off huge for the club that takes him on, who knows.

How Foran plays out the remainder of this season will be a test of his character. I'm hoping he gets us over the line for say 3 wins and we avoid the spoon.
How can you possibly dispute the extent of the salary cap mess.... It's is 100% confirmed from what we have seen for the last 3 years.. the 95% mandated use of the cap confirms this...

How any bulldogs supporter could possibly have wanted Hasler to stick around, is absolutely beyond me..

As for Foran , I have never doubted his ability .. but he has caused so much instability in the team over the past 3 years, that I cannot wait to see the back of him.

Do you think that continuity and combinations aren't important to a team especially in the halves? On that basis alone Foran should be moved on...

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets see how many games we will win with a cogger Lewis halves
We won 2 games this year, so u never know. Not much of a target to catch.
Unlike u retarts, u really think barret has not got it sorted already.
No foran, no lewis and no cogger unless injuries.
People on here are sooooooooowwwwww slow.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many people have tunnel vision on here as well.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We won 2 games this year, so u never know. Not much of a target to catch.
Unlike u retarts, u really think barret has not got it sorted already.
No foran, no lewis and no cogger unless injuries.
People on here are sooooooooowwwwww slow.
I’ll give you some help mate. Although it’s not a word a grown man should really use, it’s retard, not retart

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
As for Foran , I have never doubted his ability .. but he has caused so much instability in the team over the past 3 years, that I cannot wait to see the back of him.

Do you think that continuity and combinations aren't important to a team especially in the halves? On that basis alone Foran should be moved on...
Is the instability caused by Foran or by our total lack of a quality 5/8 who can step in when he's injured? The instability in my view has been caused by us having to search for (and failing to find) a reliable replacement. That's just another example of our restricted ability to recruit due to the Salary Cap fark ups, that fortunately end this year.

I would also add that most of the back line instability this year has been those playing outside of Foran, being centres and wide playing back rowers. I could be wrong but I don't recall 3 games in a row where we have had the same centres and back rowers. That's the instability this year, due to injuries and lack of playing consistency.

The top level clubs have reliable players who step up when their primary spine players are on SOO or International duty and/or when they are injured, rested or suspended. For those factors there are not many top quality spine players that are available for every game. Most particularly with the spate of injuries that we have seen this year in all clubs, whatever the reason.

It's not premiership potential having a player on minimum, or close to minimum, as back up for a spine position. For example, I think we have good back ups for the fullback position, but that's about it. JMK/Katoa as back ups are not that terrible for the hooker position. The rest of our spine back ups are not remotely close, either due to inexperience or lack of quality in their game.

In my view simply recruiting a one for one replacement for Foran (if there was one available) is pretty naive, what we really need is a quality 1/2 and 5/8 back up, which could be the same player the way the games are played these days. The best (for the cap) solution is a local junior who has come up through the ranks, hence not recruited which means paying market value (or above).

Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the instability caused by Foran or by our total lack of a quality 5/8 who can step in when he's injured? The instability in my view has been caused by us having to search for (and failing to find) a reliable replacement. That's just another example of our restricted ability to recruit due to the Salary Cap fark ups, that fortunately end this year.

I would also add that most of the back line instability this year has been those playing outside of Foran, being centres and wide playing back rowers. I could be wrong but I don't recall 3 games in a row where we have had the same centres and back rowers. That's the instability this year, due to injuries and lack of playing consistency.

The top level clubs have reliable players who step up when their primary spine players are on SOO or International duty and/or when they are injured, rested or suspended. For those factors there are not many top quality spine players that are available for every game. Most particularly with the spate of injuries that we have seen this year in all clubs, whatever the reason.

It's not premiership potential having a player on minimum, or close to minimum, as back up for a spine position. For example, I think we have good back ups for the fullback position, but that's about it. JMK/Katoa as back ups are not that terrible for the hooker position. The rest of our spine back ups are not remotely close, either due to inexperience or lack of quality in their game.

In my view simply recruiting a one for one replacement for Foran (if there was one available) is pretty naive, what we really need is a quality 1/2 and 5/8 back up, which could be the same player the way the games are played these days. The best (for the cap) solution is a local junior who has come up through the ranks, hence not recruited which means paying market value (or above).

Go Dogs
Didn't bother reading as your opinion is completely tainted. As you displayed multiple times..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if tb is pushing hard for afb and des may let him go to get tolman/foz it wouldn’t surprise me one bit

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Blake Green is still available next year we should have a serious look at him. Not at the expense of a talented young player but if Foran is out of the picture Greens experience would be very beneficial to younger halves.
His touches in the attacking zone compare very favourably with the top flight halves.
This article suggests so at least.

Given his age a one year deal might be attractive to him similar to the Stuart or Kimorley recruitment of the past.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Blake Green is still available next year we should have a serious look at him. Not at the expense of a talented young player but if Foran is out of the picture Greens experience would be very beneficial to younger halves.
His touches in the attacking zone compare very favourably with the top flight halves.
This article suggests so at least.

Given his age a one year deal might be attractive to him similar to the Stuart or Kimorley recruitment of the past.
No.