Footy show

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was doing a clean out and came across an old best of footy show 1994 2003 and watched it and found it was actually quite funny
The main thing i noticed is with alot of things they did and said wouldn't go down so well with the amount of PC people out there today

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I was doing a clean out and came across an old best of footy show 1994 2003 and watched it and found it was actually quite funny
The main thing i noticed is with alot of things they did and said wouldn't go down so well with the amount of PC people out there today
You mean the 1994-2002 Greatest Hits DVD. Yep, that was great.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was gold back then

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When TFS first started, I would have been in Year 10, and it was a good concept/show, and for me helped extend the footy week by a night, and get me ready for the weekend ahead (and this was pre internet, well the wide use of it, and so it was our main up to date news for footy. It was pretty much essential viewing.

I think i stopped watching in about 2000 when the show had just descended into the panelists wearing dresses to do mock ads, and it had become a poor sketch comedy show (Mahatma I think was gone by then?), as if it was trying to replicate the AFL footy show, which had to resort to this stuff as it didn't have the TV rights to even show footage until about 2002. Super League was didn't help its descent either IMO. I didn't mind a bit of pizzaz, but, by and large, I just wanted to her about footy, and so turned my attention to the Sunday show instead.

Whenever I saw Sterlo having to say "yeah yeah"m or play a schoolgirl in a yogurt ad pisstake, I almost felt sorry for him. Despite playing for Parra, he was a player I always admired and respected.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mario was good, he was hacked when they dropped flour on his head.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I started tuning out around late 2003-04. Then by the end of 2995!ibwas completely out of it. I watched the stuff you may have missed part with Vossy but then that was it.