Football Club Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone audits the actual votes (like an actual election though), or if its a case of "oh you voted against X *files under S for shredder*".

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually no ... it's nowhere near that easy... and here is why.

The current board (Leagues and Football club) have stacked the Football Club membership with "no show" proxy voters (most who are friends/family/commercial partners).

In addition to this...

The current board have deliberately made changes in order to make it far harder to become a football club member and vote against them.

Combine this with my comment above and thye've effectively cemented themselves in the spot until THEY decide to up and leave.

I was lucky enough to have 2 family members (one now deceased) who signed off on my membership (not that I ever use it).
In politics its called branch stacking and it has been around for centuries. You are missing the point and it is quite easy. If you get enough people to sign up as football club members and they vote as a bloc you have the power. How do you think Dib got there in the first place? There are still plenty of current members and no doubt the bulk of future members who would be happy to see the back of him. All it needs is for enough people to sign up. Simple. Yes there is a 3 year wait period so it is a long game rather than a short one, but it all comes back to whether you want to sit here and whinge and bitch or do you want to stand up and make a difference. Over to you.....

Benjamin Short

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm definitely thinking long term for sure and doing what ever I can to help and be a good influence for the club I love.

Reactions: GDR

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's a fully auditing election by Price Waterhouse Cooper
Ahh fair enough :grinning:

Not like the old shifty school raffle meat tray for a mates mum then :D

In politics its called branch stacking and it has been around for centuries. You are missing the point and it is quite easy. If you get enough people to sign up as football club members and they vote as a bloc you have the power. How do you think Dib got there in the first place? There are still plenty of current members and no doubt the bulk of future members who would be happy to see the back of him. All it needs is for enough people to sign up. Simple. Yes there is a 3 year wait period so it is a long game rather than a short one, but it all comes back to whether you want to sit here and whinge and bitch or do you want to stand up and make a difference. Over to you.....
I think making a move now is probably a good thing. In the next 3 years it's likely that Dib will either have to fall on his sword, or he'll be pushed out. Hard to imagine that things will continue like they are over 3 years.

So those looking to become members if they get a foot in the door now, might have a chance come next "shake of the tree" to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.