"FOOOOOOD!" Post your culinary masterpieces here!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yeah tried them, not bad.

La Shish in Guildford isn't too bad, pretty decent for a restaurant.

PS I'm a food snob when it comes to Mid East food lol mostly started when the Misses and I ran Awafi Blacktown before EJ's took over. I ran back of house and and Misses ran the front.

I still remember the "secret" chicken marinade and the toum recipe lol
Even though I'm Leb, I don't really fancy toum, however... that chicken marinade :hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes: bro THAT is what made Awafi what it is. Easily the BEST BBQ charcoal chicken I've had in my life...

1676584564948.png

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Coles has gnocchi stuffed with porcini mushrooms and truffles.
Fried some up this morning and served with bacon and eggs and some chopped green olives, onion, garlic and red capsicum.
Served with freshly cracked black pepper and italian parmesan cheese.
Recommended.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Even though I'm Leb, I don't really fancy toum, however... that chicken marinade :hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes: bro THAT is what made Awafi what it is. Easily the BEST BBQ charcoal chicken I've had in my life...

View attachment 65289
You don't fancy toum?

The fuck is wrong with you? I'm taking your Lebo card off of you lol

PS you won't believe how easy the marinade and the toum recipes are to make. All the ingredients are in supermarkets except for one.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You don't fancy toum?

The fuck is wrong with you? I'm taking your Lebo card off of you lol

PS you won't believe how easy the marinade and the toum recipes are to make. All the ingredients are in supermarkets except for one.
I know it’s weird ay. I mean I love it when toum is part of a seasoning or flavor that’s in the food, but on its own as dip or paste… yuck lol.
What’s the ingredient that’s not available at the supermarket? You got me intrigued lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know it’s weird ay. I mean I love it when toum is part of a seasoning or flavor that’s in the food, but on its own as dip or paste… yuck lol.
What’s the ingredient that’s not available at the supermarket? You got me intrigued lol.
It's a certain spice that's actually mixed for them only.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This fellow Kennel foodies is, "Zalata"
Diced Lebanese cucumber, Spanish onion, Tomato, coriander, lemon juice and a dash of vinaigrette and is great with a BBQ...
That looks the goods, will have to try.

A good dressing is crushed garlic and balsamic vinegar and would go well with that combo veggies.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DEFINITELY, Ill give it a try next time, great suggestion.
Add some olive oil and salt to taste and its the bomb!

( - the lemon juice)

Lemon juice and crushed garlic is also a great combo just with lettuce and or/green.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
grilled fish mate is healthier mate but crumbed or battered tastes better lol
If I do grilled or steamed fish it's usually in a creamy garlic sauce. The sauce is one of my favourites for fish or poultry. I'd forgotten about the sauce though. Going to have to buy some fish now.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have your pants ever been unloaded?

Let em go bro - with the potato shortage atm - decent chips are the new caviar. Which is a good thing - very good excuse to fck off chicken salt once and for all.
From memory Southey has 9 or more kids. They've been unloaded