Folau set to join GWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Folau has apparently agreed to join the new western sydney side in the AFL, it was announced on "on the couch" AFL show and they say it will be announced soon.

Honestly, i dont think he is a big loss at all and will only make the AFL look stupid. The guy hasnt kicked a ball in years and i just cant see him learning the game, also what kind of message are they sending when they sign a player like him to a big deal but a young kid who has been at it for years gets turned away, this will backfire and i cant wait to laugh at the AFL.

Players have come and gone in the NRL but they always end up coming back and Izzy will grab some attention but similar to ***** people will realise this for the gimmick that it is.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw one of the AFL players (nfi who) blowing up at how much they are paying Karmichael Hunt. Its a pretty fair call. It just seems ridiculous to offer league players so much money.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I saw one of the AFL players (nfi who) blowing up at how much they are paying Karmichael Hunt. Its a pretty fair call. It just seems ridiculous to offer league players so much money.
I think that was Akermanis, Folau is probably gonna be on $1m a year, that is just plain stupid.

who in the west actually cares about the AFL, seriously lol and i dont think this gimmick is gonna create too many fans

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
will prob go on his mormon mission after a season of playing afl because he's ****.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Why is it always ****ing Broncos players that are poached by other codes, it's ****ing frustrating!!!!
Sailor, Tuqiri, Hunt, Folau
Which other club has had so many superstars taken in the prime of their careers, it's ****ing annoying!

He better not be picked for Origin 2 or 3 either.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Should be dropped from Origin, welcome back Lote

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Yep, although I don't know selecting Lote after dropping Tuqiri another code hopper isn't the best statement to send but I would love to see Lote in origin :grinning:

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
hahahahaah

good luck to him.

Endurance and skills ability is what he has to adapt to.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
They seriously arent getting league players for ability, They are grabbing everyones attention by signing these guys and thats what they are after.... Exposure.

Cryptic Ghost

Sharmooderator
Reaction score
Michael Voss coach of thr Brisbane lions was the one that went off his tapper's.

MikeG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
just goes to show that Rugby League is the show piece of Australian Sport

Renegade

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why begrudge someone from earning the most they possible can???? If your were check out attendent at Woolworths and the sales manger of Telstra came along and said you would make a great telephone salesman and offered you $50k more wouldnt you take it?????

Similar if you were a mechanic at Holden and Ford came along and offered you $100K more wouldnt you take it? A human being has the right to earn the maximum amount of money they can no matter who it is. I love leauge and hate to see all these talented players (SBW) leave but they are young and $1 Mil for a 20 year old is a **** load of money. Some people on this forum will not earn that in a life time he will earn it for playing 25 games of Gay F L.

In terms of Origin pick someone else. Folau has shown no loyalty to the game there a plenty of youngsters to choose from

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
I don't begrudge Folau, $1m a season is hard to refuse and unlike $BW he doesn't have to go overseas to earn it.
Seriously AFL are ******s, they are not buying on ability at all. I hope both Hunt and Folau fail miserably.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Did anyone see Hunt on the news kicking the ball? Looked so awkward.

The AFL is doing massive internal damage with this expensive "publicity" stunt. They have no idea.

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
if he is only playing afl for the dosh i would have major doubts over his passion for the sport

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Did anyone see Hunt on the news kicking the ball? Looked so awkward.

The AFL is doing massive internal damage with this expensive "publicity" stunt. They have no idea.
Yep, no doubt about it. Hunt and Folau will be the highest paid players in the AFL, imagine how the players, coaches and fans would be feeling about two players who will most likely fail and have no passion for the game are the highest paid.

if he is only playing afl for the dosh i would have major doubts over his passion for the sport
They have zero passion, they are doing it for the money.
Ask yourself this, if NRL matched the $1m a season offer would they go? No way and that is exactly why they have no passion for AFL and I hope and it most likely will bite the AFL in the arse.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why is it always ****ing Broncos players that are poached by other codes, it's ****ing frustrating!!!!
Sailor, Tuqiri, Hunt, Folau
Which other club has had so many superstars taken in the prime of their careers, it's ****ing annoying!

He better not be picked for Origin 2 or 3 either.
We had arguably one of the best players in SBW poached by Union tbh...

Out of the players you listed there, none of them had the same impact that SBW did on a game...

That and we have had our superstar teams ripped apart as well, don't start complaining now, it's bloody amazing that the Broncos could have been under the cap with 11 SOO reps in their squad at one point...Even more amazing that they had guys like Sailor, Tuqiri, Lockyer, Langer, Webcke, Tallis and etc all in their prime in the one team without busting the cap...

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice this frees more money up to sign greg Inglis. Seeing GI tearing it up on the left and Hodges on the right = jiZz

Status
Not open for further replies.