News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
The lawyers have confirmed that the highest amount he would pay us around $800k if the case goes on for several years, which if is unlikely to happen. It has also been confirmed that he has nearly $7 million in property assets so he had enough money any which way. I think this was more about publicity.
wait a second, does that mean that folau is lying and going to hell?

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
The lawyers have confirmed that the highest amount he would pay us around $800k if the case goes on for several years, which if is unlikely to happen. It has also been confirmed that he has nearly $7 million in property assets so he had enough money any which way. I think this was more about publicity.
What lawyers? LMFAO...

$800K for barristers and lawyers for a case that could potentially go all the way is nowhere near enough... These lawyers must be the spokes people for the LGBTIDHEICCHDF wankers.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you stop being homosexual without stopping being homosexual?
What evidence is there to support that someone can "be homosexual" in the same way you can be male or female, or black or white?

There is no hard scientific evidence that one can "be gay"? They act out gay actions and/or thoughts, but as it stands you can not dig up a dead gay mans bones and deduct through scientific processing that the bones are that of a gay man.

Homosexuality is nothing more than the action of one acting upon a certain homosexual desire.

Society does not govern truth (flat earth, slavery, holocaust... Etc.), Nor does it totally conform to truth (at societies own error).

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
What lawyers? LMFAO...

$800K for barristers and lawyers for a case that could potentially go all the way is nowhere near enough... These lawyers must be the spokes people for the LGBTIDHEICCHDF wankers.
break that down for me please, also include where folau decides to go for a high quality lawyer

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw I guarantee that folau could have found a good lawyer who would do it for the publicity and a contingency fee

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
btw I guarantee that folau could have found a good lawyer who would do it for the publicity and a contingency fee
He's trying...

Izzy Begins Search For A Lawyer Who’s Willing To Be Paid In Homophobic Thoughts And Prayers

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

Israel Folau is today scouring Sydney’s North-West Hills District for a decent lawyer who accepts a payment option of thoughts and prayers.

This comes after GoFundMe pulled Folau’s fundraising page from its website and is issuing refunds to all his donors, saying the campaign breached its terms of service.

The crowd-funding campaign was set up with a $3 million target, as pitched as a last resort for Folau to pay his $150,000 legal fees against Australian Rugby for terminating his contract after he continuously posted homophobic vitriol on Instagram in the name of his fundamentalist Christian God.

While many rugby fans are speculating how Israel Folau doesn’t have a spare 150 G floating around between his multiple properties and Lamborghini, the 30-year-old former Wallaby insists he’s not in a financial position to be able to pay for this kind of legal battle.

However, with the near $1million he raised on GoFundMe being refunded to donors, Izzy must now look for a lawyer who will represent him in the court of law for nothing more than the well wishes of a homophobes – who don’t seem to think contractual obligations should take priority over the freedom to vilify homosexuals.

At time of press, Israel Folau is believed to have met a no-win-no-prayers lawyer in a back alley shopfront deep within Sydney’s Bible Belt.

The Pentecostal legal professional has said he will only represent Izzy if he starts using his Instagram to post offensive memes about women’s reproductive rights as well.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He's trying...

Izzy Begins Search For A Lawyer Who’s Willing To Be Paid In Homophobic Thoughts And Prayers

Israel Folau is today scouring Sydney’s North-West Hills District for a decent lawyer who accepts a payment option of thoughts and prayers.

This comes after GoFundMe pulled Folau’s fundraising page from its website and is issuing refunds to all his donors, saying the campaign breached its terms of service.

The crowd-funding campaign was set up with a $3 million target, as pitched as a last resort for Folau to pay his $150,000 legal fees against Australian Rugby for terminating his contract after he continuously posted homophobic vitriol on Instagram in the name of his fundamentalist Christian God.

While many rugby fans are speculating how Israel Folau doesn’t have a spare 150 G floating around between his multiple properties and Lamborghini, the 30-year-old former Wallaby insists he’s not in a financial position to be able to pay for this kind of legal battle.

However, with the near $1million he raised on GoFundMe being refunded to donors, Izzy must now look for a lawyer who will represent him in the court of law for nothing more than the well wishes of a homophobes – who don’t seem to think contractual obligations should take priority over the freedom to vilify homosexuals.

At time of press, Israel Folau is believed to have met a no-win-no-prayers lawyer in a back alley shopfront deep within Sydney’s Bible Belt.

The Pentecostal legal professional has said he will only represent Izzy if he starts using his Instagram to post offensive memes about women’s reproductive rights as well.
Someone will jump on this on the provision that they can get part of his payout.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is that it was clearly pointed out to him that it's offensive and Rugby Australia said that no action would be taken if he removed the post. But he refused.

I understand if it's a misunderstanding by him and the general public. But when it has been stated that people are highly offended by it and he refuses to back down, that's when he becomes a dick about it.

If it was done from a position of love then he could remove the post, apologise and state that these are his beliefs but he doesn't want to attack anyone. He did the opposite.
Should one withdraw their position because others do not understand that same position?

What about the many who are offended by the offended asking him to take it down, should all who are offended all loose their jobs aswell? - that's a lot of Jobs :grinning:

It is illogical to advance a claim of assertive suppression via a claim through suppressive assertion.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Someone will jump on this on the provision that they can get part of his payout.
I think that's banned in Australia though to prevent stupid lawsuits, but they can waive getting paid if they don't win

what folau should do is get a lawyer who is good but wants to raise his profile, he might even give folau money to represent him if its a long case

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This debate is not about whether or not homosexual is ethical/ok/legal/acceptable. It's simply not the topic to discuss.

The topic is whether or not it is ok to voice a religious opinion, where that religious opinion is not illegal, however it is controversial and probably quite likely to offend
I'd argue he hides his bigotry behind religious dogma. Plus folau brought into question whether homosexuality is ethical or not, so it does play a part in this.

It is my belief that this in any advanced western democratic society, this sort of behaviour is not just ok, it should be actively promoted so that everyone has an opportunity to voice their opinion in the overall public debate. From that point on, society can then best select a path forward.
Society is voicing their opinion. folau has voiced his opinon, folau's ex-teammates have voiced their opinions, RA has voiced their opinion, Go Fund Me has voiced their opinion, those donating to folau have voiced their opinion, those criticizing have voiced their opinion.

But surprise surprise folau is still free and out and about, there are no court cases to have him charged and he's still voicing his opinion. RA have also voiced their opinion, by telling folau as a representative of RA's brand (not folaus, Rugby Australia's brand) that there are certain codes of ethics he has to abide by, otherwise he can get walking. It seems the only one trying to force their opinion on others is folau.

Also, if people are so soft that they are likely to curl up in the ball as soon as they are offended by something someone says - well I think these people need to take a good long hard look at themselves and find a better way forward.
No that is complete and utter bullshit. It's a common theme in this thread by the supporters of folau that they have shown a complete lack of empathy, a complete lack of consideration, a complete lack of respect, a complete lack of "love".

Seems you lot are quite ok with LGBT teens committing suicide and that they should just "harden up" and get on with it. Until you have walked in their shoes and copped the copious amounts of abuse they have, you have no right to comment on whether they should "harden up".

Its the Bible that clearly states homosexuality is a sin.

Society seems to be "discriminating" against those (people) who hold a the Bible as truth.

Do Christians have to "change who they are" because society does not like the Bible?
No one has said that. They've said have your beliefs, don't force them onto others, keep it in your homes and don't partake in discriminating public speech. It's fairly simple right?

And I find it quite ironic that you're complaining about discrimination over a minuscule item such as this when compared to the recent history (past 40 to 50 years) of consistent discrimination the LGBT community have copped, mostly at the hands of religious folk.

Would people actually be speaking about your religion if folau had kept his mouth shut? The rest of us non-religious folk, respect your right to belief, we just don't want to hear your religions bigotry (quite frankly that's what we see it as, bigotry) targeted at other people in a public forum.

In this situation the only place where I'm going to defend folau is when the media made an article of a video on his church's facebook page. Folau was given a sermon (about homosexuals), inside his church and his church posted that video on their facebook page. That's fair game, why?

1. He's no longer an employee of RA,hence no obligations to RA in representing RA's code of conduct
2. It's inside his church
3. It's his church's facebook page, the general populace knows what to expect from his church and so if visiting their page, that type of belief content should be expected

So I disagree with the media trying to promote that as another article in reference to the current situation.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Subjective moral truth*

But I get where you're coming from. It's still asking people to change their ways which many find offensive.

I'm more than happy for him to say what he wants. He just has to accept the consequence of his actions.
Societal consequences.... Fair enough.

Heard a good saying the other day:

"All Choices lead to consequences, but be careful to avoid consequences that may lead to victims".

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He's trying...

I endorse this article with thoughts and prayers

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so you would hire the most expensive lawyers in world history and then make other people pay for them? are you sure?
"IF" I was in Folaus position (I am neither famous, nor wealthy) I would hire good lawyers, but no, I would not "make" anyone else pay for it, however I would invite support in a variety of forms (including financial).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Here is a simple tweet that Folau could of posted...

Jesus loves the sinner but hates the sin. Jesus saves ALL that want to be saved.

I doubt any snowflake, lefty, atheist or any other group can complain about that AND still gets the Christian message across.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Jesus loves the sinner but hates the sin. Jesus saves ALL that want to be saved.

I doubt any snowflake, lefty, atheist or any other group can complain about that AND still gets the Christian message across.
Brother, the media have ways of manipulating the message.

For example... everyone knows the below post. The media have said multiple times... "ISRAEL FOLAU IS SAYING THAT GAY PEOPLE WILL GO TO HELL!!" - yet they seem completely oblivious to all the other sins he mentions.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree 100% that Folau was not wise in the way he communicated his message, but that's all it was a lack of wisdom in communication skills.

The message he put across does fairly represent the Bible.

I like your statement:

"Jesus loves the sinner but hates the sin. Jesus saves ALL that want to be saved."

But I would Tweek it to say:

Jesus loves the sinner but hates the sin. Jesus saves ALL that turn from their desire to sin and trust Christ as their Lord and Saviour.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
break that down for me please, also include where folau decides to go for a high quality lawyer
Experience with legal fees, I can only imagine the cost for high profile lawyers let alone Barristers (Which he'll need to match the other mob) and length of this case... neither side will accept it and take it all the way.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How does posting a picture on Instagram bring the game into disrepute? Corporations become giant global conglomerates by clever marketing, good management. and a good reputation. I highly doubt that Izzy's personal beliefs on something will affect the amount of people that choose to fly with Qantas every year.

On top of this, he did not breach his contract. The contract uses the word "treat" as posted by Hacky. He did not treat them any differently than he did for other groups.

The fact is, at the end of the day, Izzy LOVES these people and he is trying to save them from the gates of hell (his belief), there is absolutely no malice or harm intended in what he says.

If people don't agree with him, that is THEIR personal opinion... but for whatever reason escapes me, people cannot see what he's doing stems from love, and not hatred or anything evil. He's asking people to repent for crying out loud, and that it's not too late to do so.
If he loved them, he’d have found a more compassionate and less antagonistic way to spread his message. He’s not going to make anyone repent by spreading his beliefs in such a disrespectful, controversial way. If you don’t see that point, you never will.... the reality is, he chose to share his message in a way that was disrespectful, completely non constructive and sanctimonious.

I honestly believe the sanctimonious, passive aggressive and hypocritical behaviour of people like Folau turns people away from the church.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm pretty disgusted at how social media/corporates and mainstream media have all ganged up to make this as tough as possible for Folau.

Yes, I fully appreciate the argument that he's made a shit tonne of money and he should fund the fight himself, but given how the cards are being stacked against him by almost everyone, I think it's more than fair that if individuals want to execute their right to donate to him, then they should be able to.

Gofundme is simply going to end up like Youtube, Facebook and Twitter who become political activists rather than forums for the free expression of ideas.

You might not like the ideas Folau expresses, but you should support his right to express them and also to receive financial support from people who support him.
The owners of that business have every right to set their own terms and are under no obligation to enable platforms that conflict with their values and beliefs. If you don’t like it, go start your own fundraising platform.

The cards are stacked against Folau because he’s acting like a greedy, hypocritical jerk.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What evidence is there to support that someone can "be homosexual" in the same way you can be male or female, or black or white?

There is no hard scientific evidence that one can "be gay"? They act out gay actions and/or thoughts, but as it stands you can not dig up a dead gay mans bones and deduct through scientific processing that the bones are that of a gay man.

Homosexuality is nothing more than the action of one acting upon a certain homosexual desire.

Society does not govern truth (flat earth, slavery, holocaust... Etc.), Nor does it totally conform to truth (at societies own error).
I could post a plethora of links as I have in many threads in the past (and yes, the evidence doesn't say that they're born gay, they're born with a predisposition that is influenced by environment), each stating thay being gay isn't a choice, but you'll just go back to your "Nah 'cause God" defence so I won't bother. Plus, you can just look at my old posts.

Last time we had a discussion about scientific stance you posted a bunch of Christian articles that cherry picked data and a single study that didn't support your point.

Best to read the scientific journals rather than a bias publication cherry picking information

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.