News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Apples... trees...

Israel Folau's cousin dismissed by Catholic school over religious beliefs

Josiah Folau reportedly called the school ‘a synagogue of Satan’ and labelled the Catholic mass ‘a paganistic ritual’

Australian Associated Press

Fri 2 Aug 2019 08.31 AESTLast modified on Fri 2 Aug 2019 08.57 AEST

The cousin of the sacked rugby star Israel Folau has reportedly been let go from his job at a Sydney Catholic school after calling the church a “synagogue of Satan”.

Twenty-year-old Josiah Folau was dismissed in July from his post as a boarding house supervisor at St Gregory’s College in Campbelltown, the Australian reported.

The former captain of the school is a member of the Truth of Jesus Christ Church, as is Israel Folau.

Josiah Folau has labelled Catholicism “masked devil worship”, according to Nine newspapers.

He has also posted comments and a video on Instagram that were critical of the Catholic church, calling mass “a paganistic ritual rooted in heresy, evil and devil worship”, the Australian reported.

The St Gregory’s headmaster, Lee McMaster, confirmed Josiah Folau’s departure.

“We have met with Josiah recently and, in our discussions, Josiah has made the decision to discontinue his casual employment at St Gregory’s College,” he told News Corp. “We respect Josiah’s privacy in this matter.”

The boarding house master’s removal comes months after his cousin was dumped by Rugby Australia after posting on social media that homosexuals would go to hell unless they repented.

It was the second time Israel Folau sparked controversy through his social media accounts. He was reprimanded for a similar post in 2018.

This week Folau lodged a claim against Rugby Australia seeking $10m damages, an apology and reinstatement.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Apples... trees...

Israel Folau's cousin dismissed by Catholic school over religious beliefs

Josiah Folau reportedly called the school ‘a synagogue of Satan’ and labelled the Catholic mass ‘a paganistic ritual’

Australian Associated Press

Fri 2 Aug 2019 08.31 AESTLast modified on Fri 2 Aug 2019 08.57 AEST

The cousin of the sacked rugby star Israel Folau has reportedly been let go from his job at a Sydney Catholic school after calling the church a “synagogue of Satan”.

Twenty-year-old Josiah Folau was dismissed in July from his post as a boarding house supervisor at St Gregory’s College in Campbelltown, the Australian reported.

The former captain of the school is a member of the Truth of Jesus Christ Church, as is Israel Folau.

Josiah Folau has labelled Catholicism “masked devil worship”, according to Nine newspapers.

He has also posted comments and a video on Instagram that were critical of the Catholic church, calling mass “a paganistic ritual rooted in heresy, evil and devil worship”, the Australian reported.

The St Gregory’s headmaster, Lee McMaster, confirmed Josiah Folau’s departure.

“We have met with Josiah recently and, in our discussions, Josiah has made the decision to discontinue his casual employment at St Gregory’s College,” he told News Corp. “We respect Josiah’s privacy in this matter.”

The boarding house master’s removal comes months after his cousin was dumped by Rugby Australia after posting on social media that homosexuals would go to hell unless they repented.

It was the second time Israel Folau sparked controversy through his social media accounts. He was reprimanded for a similar post in 2018.

This week Folau lodged a claim against Rugby Australia seeking $10m damages, an apology and reinstatement.
Doesn't even know how to reference the "Synagog of satan" correctly.

That is directed to take Jews IE a group pretending to be Jewish to use anti-Semitism to shut down any criticism.

Banned
Reaction score
Doesn't even know how to reference the "Synagog of satan" correctly.

That is directed to take Jews IE a group pretending to be Jewish to use anti-Semitism to shut down any criticism.
Sad that media has degenerated to that level.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How has this thread now moved onto relationships LOL...

Might be time to lock it up again till something else happens.
There is general consensus that women are completely faultless in becoming victims of domestic violence..
Just wanted to point out that if a choice was made by a woman to marry or commit to a relationship then the woman is not always faultless. Her decision could be at fault

It's like buying a hot looking car even though it's done 200,000km on the clock, thrashed and expecting perfection

It's like marrying a thug and then expecting him to never lay a hand on you..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I didn't see the game, but did Australia receive any lucky 50/50 situations or lucky bounces of the ball?

if so I would use them as evidence in the court case that god at the very least is comfortable with Rugby Australia and probably supports their actions, if not he would have made those bounces go towards new zealand

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't see the game, but did Australia receive any lucky 50/50 situations or lucky bounces of the ball?

if so I would use them as evidence in the court case that god at the very least is comfortable with Rugby Australia and probably supports their actions, if not he would have made those bounces go towards new zealand
Wow, that is one mighty long bow you've there!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

I’m sure if Folau was playing the Aussie’s would’ve won by more.
Plus calling the Cup is exactly like Origin... there’s 2 more games to go.

And LOL if the Wobblies think this means anything in terms of the World Cup.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I’m sure if Folau was playing the Aussie’s would’ve won by more.
Plus calling the Cup is exactly like Origin... there’s 2 more games to go.

And LOL if the Wobblies think this means anything in terms of the World Cup.
lol no they tried for 6 years to beat new zealand by more than single digits and couldn't do it, they only won 2 out of 17 bledisloe cup matches in that time and im sure that folau was featured heavily

its only a 2 match series so Australia need to win in nz ffs but im going to watch to support Australia and Raelene, it would be embarrassing for you if Australia won back that cup under Raelene and at the first opportunity after sacking folau

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Watched the replay. Australia just played a really bloody good game.

That said, a kiwi player was red carded so NZ played most of the game a player down.

Wahesh

Reaction score
lol no they tried for 6 years to beat new zealand by more than single digits and couldn't do it, they only won 2 out of 17 bledisloe cup matches in that time and im sure that folau was featured heavily

its only a 2 match series so Australia need to win in nz ffs but im going to watch to support Australia and Raelene, it would be embarrassing for you if Australia won back that cup under Raelene and at the first opportunity after sacking folau
Mate I don’t really give a rats ass.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Mate I don’t really give a rats ass.
a few weeks ago you were very concerned about the sacking and treated Raelene like an idiot because Israel was indispensable

but don't worry new zealand are still 1.15 favourites to retain the title, its a different matter for Australia to go into eden park and win

Wahesh

Reaction score
a few weeks ago you were very concerned about the sacking and treated Raelene like an idiot because Israel was indispensable

but don't worry new zealand are still 1.15 favourites to retain the title, its a different matter for Australia to go into eden park and win
I wasn’t concerned as I don’t give a rats arse about Rugby... but from a business perspective she made a stupid decision blinded by her pride... anyone else would’ve built a bridge and gotten over it... well most people anyway.

Banned
Reaction score
Which both are null and void if not legally enforceable under Australian law.
May find that RA are unable to contractually limit Folau in the manner they have.

Damn, I hope that's the case, as the alternative is scary!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Which both are null and void if not legally enforceable under Australian law.
May find that RA are unable to contractually limit Folau in the manner they have.

Damn, I hope that's the case, as the alternative is scary!
You're right.....who wants to live in a world where people are bound to the terms of the contracts they willingly sign?!

Banned
Reaction score
You're right.....who wants to live in a world where people are bound to the terms of the contracts they willingly sign?!
Equally who would want to live in a world where your legal rights are able to be eroded by a corporate contract?
Last time I checked, corporations have to adhere to government's legislation, not the other way around!

Status
Not open for further replies.