News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All the more interesting is that **** Alan Joyce, sticking his entitled nose in where not needed, sprouting personal opinion which is only aired due to the position he is privy to.
If he is that incensed with such religious speech, he should start with the airline Qantas is affiliated with, as the last I heard, they're a state owned airline, a state that still actively pursues the death penalty for homosexuality!
Fucking hypocrite he is!
She's just getting deeper and deeper into the bureaucratic mess she started..
She could've just used an objective approach but I really don't think she got the brain power to manage a chook raffle let alone an organisation

Lazy, dumb stupid managers... I work with a few of those.

Hope she cops it from all sides

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
She's just getting deeper and deeper into the bureaucratic mess she started..
She could've just used an objective approach but I really don't think she got the brain power to manage a chook raffle let alone an organisation

Lazy, dumb stupid managers... I work with a few of those.

Hope she cops it from all sides
She is copping it at the moment. I'll be surprised if she's still in a job when this is all over.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
My new religion says that nothing is for free.... my new religion says my shit belongs to me....my new religion says to let the poor folk die - your struggle ain't my problem, get your hands up off my pie..... my new religion says fuck everyone but me...

My new religion says ignore the rising seas..... my new religion says 'well, fuck those refugees'.... my new religion says to look the other way, charity don't matter if I don't forget to pray....my new religion says fuck everyone but me...

My new religion says I only speak with love..... when I condemn you from my pulpit up above.... my new religion says the mob will fund my fight, while I roll around in mounds of money every night.... my new religion says fuck everyone but me!

- utility half

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
***** a fucking joke, the way this land whale operates is the only reason she gets jobs is because she is "female". Affirmative action doesn't mean the best action.
And another belly workout for me lol.@land whale! ..keep em coming

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
the church tried to keep the bible from being released for a thousand years, and by try I mean killing anyone who released it
Don't judge our Bible and non-Catholic Christians by what the Vatican has done.

The Vatican doesn't represent me or other Christians. I have zero respect or care for the Vatican.

Reactions: 086

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Miranda Devine is straight shooter. She doesn't beat around the bush and says it as it is. I'm one who hasn't agreed with everything she's said in the past, however I agree with her here.
Not even remotely accurate description of her. She constantly twists the truth. I don't she's even once said it like it is.

That's pretty much every columnist though. They post opinionated rubbish rather than facts.

Banned
Reaction score
- Qantas and at least 4 other major sponsors would have left the game leading to a loss of at least $100 million per year
Should name and shame, so we know who to give the flick to.
Fuck supporting those that feel they've the right to oppress people for their religious beliefs.
FFS, I'm not even religious and it pisses me off!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Joyce is gay, and heavily into LGBTQI rights. Of course he was going to back RA, and probably called them threatening to pull sponsorship unless they sacked him.

Problem I was reading though is that if it can be found RA acted in order to save sponsors, or off the back of sponsors media comments about the post, then Folau could also persue them legally to influencing an unfair dismissal by way of duress.

Banned
Reaction score
Joyce is gay, and heavily into LGBTQI rights. Of course he was going to back RA, and probably called them threatening to pull sponsorship unless they sacked him.

Problem I was reading though is that if it can be found RA acted in order to save sponsors, or off the back of sponsors media comments about the post, then Folau could also persue them legally to influencing an unfair dismissal by way of duress.
Oh god I hope that they can and in particular, do!
Joyce deserves it due to his attitude (sad that I have to include why when it's blatantly obvious in order to silence the SJW's inevitable hate speech protests).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should name and shame, so we know who to give the flick to.
Fuck supporting those that feel they've the right to oppress people for their religious beliefs.
FFS, I'm not even religious and it pisses me off!
It's a double edged sword with sponsors. Personally I would prefer if they didn't have a say in the day to day activities of the game, but at the same time it's their money and they can do whatever they want.

If you run a business, it's illegal to refuse to serve someone because of race, but as a sponsor of a sport, you can say "I'm withdrawing my sponsorship because there's too many Asians in the sport"

That's the thing with sponsorship. It's a donation in a hope that it'll give you exposure. You're free to stop that donation at any time if it's not working out for you.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

It definitely was the case. I think anyone can see that is the case and the Rugby Australia chairman even said that several sponsors were going to pull support over Folau's comments.

So it definitely was a key factor, but Folau's attorney would have to prove that it was the key factor in the Folau sacking. But that's already moot because they have minutes of the meeting where they offered Folau a chance to save his job if he removed the post. When he refused that killed any chance of him making that arguement in court because he was offered a chance to stay on the job against sponsor wishes.

Banned
Reaction score
It definitely was the case. I think anyone can see that is the case and the Rugby Australia chairman even said that several sponsors were going to pull support over Folau's comments.

So it definitely was a key factor, but Folau's attorney would have to prove that it was the key factor in the Folau sacking. But that's already moot because they have minutes of the meeting where they offered Folau a chance to save his job if he removed the post. When he refused that killed any chance of him making that arguement in court because he was offered a chance to stay on the job against sponsor wishes.
Offering a poisoned chalice may not be seen as a sincere and genuine reconciliation attempt towards his employment, or at least what I'd be arguing.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW, for anyone who thinks that Miranda Devine is a good source of facts or that she "tells it like it is". Here's one of her great articles.

Here's where she tells women of domestic violence that it's their fault they were beaten

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/mira...tic-violence-on-unsuitable-women-poor-people/

And here's a media check watch report where they detail how she twists the truth and uses covert narrative to sell the story she wants you to believe.

https://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/episodes/exploiting-tragedy-for-column-inches/9972576

Banned
Reaction score
BTW, for anyone who thinks that Miranda Devine is a good source of facts or that she "tells it like it is". Here's one of her great articles.

Here's where she tells women of domestic violence that it's their fault they were beaten

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/mira...tic-violence-on-unsuitable-women-poor-people/

And here's a media check watch report where they detail how she twists the truth and uses covert narrative to sell the story she wants you to believe.

https://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/episodes/exploiting-tragedy-for-column-inches/9972576
You refute that some females that are bashed contribute to the situation?
You deny that females deserve agency?
That all females are wiltering may flowers requiring continued servitude, protection and a sheltered environment to exist?

I sure as hell don't!
I believe females are equals, despite the generalised physical inequality between the sexes, and deserve to be treated as such, just as much as men do!

Status
Not open for further replies.