News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The GoFundMe thing just blows my mind..... not only does he lack the integrity to stay true to his own words, he is actually putting out the donation plate.... not for any religious purpose.... solely for his own benefit. He’s basically the sporting equivalent of a televangelist.... yet his supporters will herald him as a champion of free speech and a man of honour.

How ludicrous.
It probably wasn't his idea. I'd say the church would be behind it.

These people believe in spreading the gospel and suffering for their cause. It's a monumental challenge but I believe they believe it's worth fighting

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He can do what he wants is what I’m saying. I don’t think he should have asked for the donations personally, but should he be successful in his case, he should also asked for RA to pay the cost of his legal fees as part of the outcome.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Your work functions must be boring
We have had some pretty entertaining ones. One where two colleagues went crazy at each other and everyone sat there shitting themselves. I was laughing the whole time.

Both were gone within a week.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s a wealthy sports star asking people who are poorer than him to fund his personal vendetta. Yeah, a true warrior and standard bearer for Christianity.

This latest bid for public funding is just disgusting.
I still cant understand how in australias legal system he needs $3 million?

It sounds like the bloke is now fleecing his supporters too.

Oh well the company you keep......

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There's an idea. I'm going to start a gofundme page to buy a Lambo
Buy Izzy's old Lambo and document yourself and others committing sins inside of it and send it to Izzy.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Main reason for the fundraising is to unite those with similar views.
This is very true, the framework for a precedent has set by ARU, if Folau does not fight this then the ramifications for Christianity both in the work place and in society will unnerving.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is very true, the framework for a precedent has set by ARU, if Folau does not fight this then the ramifications for Christianity both in the work place and in society will unnerving.
No it wont lead down that path. It simply means you cant be an arsehole to other people

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well if people are dumb enough to donate..more fool them..

As for damaging Christianity in the work place if he doesn’t fight.. Pfft..his archaic, narrow minded comments, have done more damage to the reputation of Christianity than not fighting the charge.. He has forgot the teachings of Christianity is essentially about love and forgiveness..showing the righteous path through understanding, care and example.. The bombastic, fire and brim stone approach of the past..is best left there..

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if people are dumb enough to donate..more fool them..

As for damaging Christianity in the work place if he doesn’t fight.. Pfft..his archaic, narrow minded comments, have done more damage to the reputation of Christianity than not fighting the charge.. He has forgot the teachings of Christianity is essentially about love and forgiveness..showing the righteous path through understanding, care and example.. The bombastic, fire and brim stone approach of the past..is best left there..
Christianity is about love and forgiveness, you are completely right... However it is the Love of God and the forgiveness of God that are paramount to Christianity. Furthermore what is that forgiveness for? Is it forgiveness of sin? If it is, then what is sin?

The bombastic preaching of the word has not changed in 2000 years, because both God and the Bible have not changed changed in 2000 years.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Aside from the legal ramifications of this case about a contractual perspective of bringing the sport into disrepute, it's quite shitty the moral/ethical side of it.

The facts are gay kids are 4 to 5 times more likely to commit suicide because of being ostracized. Hence it's quite evident that words do have an effect, that constant barrage of ostracism does lead down a really bad path.

I wouldn't think that theres that many people in Australia who arent aware that homosexuality is a sin in many of the religions today.

I'd also strongly assert that theres no proof that any religion is true, theres simply no proof what so ever.

So essentially on one side we have kids committing suicide at 4 to 5 times a higher rate than their peers.

While on the other side we have people who want to be able to ostracize these same kids even more just so they can say their "beliefs" in public when everyone is pretty much knowledgable of what their beliefs are.

It's a pretty clear cut case, from a moral and ethical perspective, for me

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Christianity is about love and forgiveness, you are completely right... However it is the Love of God and the forgiveness of God that are paramount to Christianity. Furthermore what is that forgiveness for? Is it forgiveness of sin? If it is, then what is sin?

The bombastic preaching of the word has not changed in 2000 years, because both God and the Bible have not changed changed in 2000 years.
What a shame..no wonder people are leaving..

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aside from the legal ramifications of this case about a contractual perspective of bringing the sport into disrepute, it's quite shitty the moral/ethical side of it.

The facts are gay kids are 4 to 5 times more likely to commit suicide because of being ostracized. Hence it's quite evident that words do have an effect, that constant barrage of ostracism does lead down a really bad path.

I wouldn't think that theres that many people in Australia who arent aware that homosexuality is a sin in many of the religions today.

I'd also strongly assert that theres no proof that any religion is true, theres simply no proof what so ever.

So essentially on one side we have kids committing suicide at 4 to 5 times a higher rate than their peers.

While on the other side we have people who want to be able to ostracize these same kids even more just so they can say their "beliefs" in public when everyone is pretty much knowledgable of what their beliefs are.

It's a pretty clear cut case, from a moral and ethical perspective, for me
The statistics do show that LGBT children are more likely to suffer from mental health issues that may (and quite often do) lead to self harm, however these same reports show a large percentage of these same children already had mental health issues before any conscious self identification and or labelling of sexual orientation minority. There is no evidence to suggest mental illness of LGBT children is due to the children being ostracized or targeted (that fact is an insertion by those with an agenda).

The same research also found that in Sweden (one of the most LGBT confirming countries in the world) that LGBT mental illness percentages were no different to those in less accepting cultures.

Mental illness is an epidemic across all cultures and community groups and should not be useed as a tool to support the suppression of beliefs of alternate cultures and or community groups.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying, that says a lot...:smiley:
You of all people shouldn't be shocked at this piece of shit world we live in now, we will be hated because of Jesus. Chirstians are the bad guys these days and you know what? I'm happy I'm hated, shows I'm on the right track.

Dumb ***** getting offended because he said a group of people are going to hell. If he were Muslim or Jew, he would be celebrated for "standing up for his beliefs".

PS if you think saying "hell" is bad, go read what the Jews and Muslims think should happen to LBGJYFFHkHFRD people...

Status
Not open for further replies.