News Focused Flanagan won't carry Roosters baggage into battle: Barrett

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cry me a fucking river. If this clearly doesn’t show how mentally weak this **** is then nothing will. Excuse the French but I’m so over this kid. Baz isn’t doing himself any favours keeping him in the squad. He provides pretty much nothing on and off the park.

I’d take Lewis over him anyday of the week and I don’t wana see Lewis here next year either. Please baz have some balls and brains and drop him. Release him next year and he can sook about that elsewhere

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cry me a fucking river. If this clearly doesn’t show how mentally weak this **** is then nothing will. Excuse the French but I’m so over this kid. Baz isn’t doing himself any favours keeping him in the squad. He provides pretty much nothing on and off the park.

I’d take Lewis over him anyday of the week and I don’t wana see Lewis here next year either. Please baz have some balls and brains and drop him. Release him next year and he can sook about that elsewhere
All I want to see this weekend is Flanno hooked for BBO, whether it be 10min in or at HT. And then BBO show him what eyes up footy actually is.

That 2nd bat on of the footy straight to Saab for a try so he avoided getting tackled showed he's progressed nowhere from his time off.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All I want to see this weekend is Flanno hooked for BBO, whether it be 10min in or at HT. And then BBO show him what eyes up footy actually is.

That 2nd bat on of the footy straight to Saab for a try so he avoided getting tackled showed he's progressed nowhere from his time off.
But that also means 80 minutes of Katoa @ hooker :/

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Canterbury coach Trent Barrett expects Kyle Flanagan not to get caught up in the emotion of taking on his former side the Roosters on Saturday night for the first time since he left the club.

Flanagan's exit at Bondi last year left the Bulldogs playmaker "shocked and disappointed" after he was shown the door by coach Trent Robinson less than 12 months into a two-year deal.

His departure was met with further comments by the 22-year-old in January when he told Channel Nine in an interview he was left feeling quite empty by the abrupt departure.

"I thought I was tracking quite well for my first season in first grade, but they don't have time for that obviously," he said.

"It was definitely a shock. I sat down and expected to hear feedback for what I had to do for next season and it caught me off guard.

"It was a tough conversation. I was quite empty. I put my heart and soul into the season last year."

Flanagan has endured a rollercoaster season at the Bulldogs six months after he was unveiled as one of the club's biggest signings in recent history.

He was dropped by Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett in round 10 following the side's 32-12 loss to St George Illawarra and was only recalled to the team last week because of players breaching biosecurity protocols.

His return was hardly an encouraging one with the playmaker forced to play on the left edge and unable to create anything in the side's 66-0 thrashing by Manly.

The Roosters had their own point-scoring woes last week, pummelled by the Storm 46-0 in Newcastle.

Robinson said on Thursday he could imagine Flanagan would want to prove a point against his old side but didn't push the topic any further.

"I don't know, I could imagine so. I could imagine there was a bit of hurt there and I understand that," Robinson said.

"But whether it's us or them, we're trying to improve the footy we're playing. The motivation is quite clear on either side's team at the moment."

Barrett had a chance to recall Brandon Wakeham for the clash but opted to stick with Flanagan.

He said Flanagan's mind was on the job, and not the opposition.

"He's trained really well this week. Last week we didn't have a lot of football to do much with it," Barrett said.

"He's an important part of the side. Jake Averillo has been doing a good job at halfback and been a good run threat for us.

"I didn't want to disrupt things too much for us. Obviously it wasn't a pretty review on Monday. They were really disappointed with how it panned out [last week].

"They've had a good week and trained really well today so I'm looking forward to [watching] them go round."

The Sea Eagles were ruthless exploiting Canterbury's inexperienced edges with the Roosters to likely target the side with a similar game plan.

"We'll rectify that, it's the first time it's happened all year," Barrett said.

"There are a few technical things. The biggest thing for us is we need to move on from it. We need to get back on the horse and we need to play well this weekend.

"Regardless of the outcome, we expect a good performance."

To be honest guys Barrett and his 2021 signings and the way we play just make you wanna cry
yawn.... heard it all before. This bloke needs to let his footy do the talking, and consistently

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury coach Trent Barrett expects Kyle Flanagan not to get caught up in the emotion of taking on his former side the Roosters on Saturday night for the first time since he left the club.

Flanagan's exit at Bondi last year left the Bulldogs playmaker "shocked and disappointed" after he was shown the door by coach Trent Robinson less than 12 months into a two-year deal.

His departure was met with further comments by the 22-year-old in January when he told Channel Nine in an interview he was left feeling quite empty by the abrupt departure.

"I thought I was tracking quite well for my first season in first grade, but they don't have time for that obviously," he said.

"It was definitely a shock. I sat down and expected to hear feedback for what I had to do for next season and it caught me off guard.

"It was a tough conversation. I was quite empty. I put my heart and soul into the season last year."

Flanagan has endured a rollercoaster season at the Bulldogs six months after he was unveiled as one of the club's biggest signings in recent history.

He was dropped by Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett in round 10 following the side's 32-12 loss to St George Illawarra and was only recalled to the team last week because of players breaching biosecurity protocols.

His return was hardly an encouraging one with the playmaker forced to play on the left edge and unable to create anything in the side's 66-0 thrashing by Manly.

The Roosters had their own point-scoring woes last week, pummelled by the Storm 46-0 in Newcastle.

Robinson said on Thursday he could imagine Flanagan would want to prove a point against his old side but didn't push the topic any further.

"I don't know, I could imagine so. I could imagine there was a bit of hurt there and I understand that," Robinson said.

"But whether it's us or them, we're trying to improve the footy we're playing. The motivation is quite clear on either side's team at the moment."

Barrett had a chance to recall Brandon Wakeham for the clash but opted to stick with Flanagan.

He said Flanagan's mind was on the job, and not the opposition.

"He's trained really well this week. Last week we didn't have a lot of football to do much with it," Barrett said.

"He's an important part of the side. Jake Averillo has been doing a good job at halfback and been a good run threat for us.

"I didn't want to disrupt things too much for us. Obviously it wasn't a pretty review on Monday. They were really disappointed with how it panned out [last week].

"They've had a good week and trained really well today so I'm looking forward to [watching] them go round."

The Sea Eagles were ruthless exploiting Canterbury's inexperienced edges with the Roosters to likely target the side with a similar game plan.

"We'll rectify that, it's the first time it's happened all year," Barrett said.

"There are a few technical things. The biggest thing for us is we need to move on from it. We need to get back on the horse and we need to play well this weekend.

"Regardless of the outcome, we expect a good performance."

To be honest guys Barrett and his 2021 signings and the way we play just make you wanna cry
Ah, the obligatory piece about a player playing against his old club. Right on cue. Standard "journalism".

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The other thing in this story is that he was shocked when Robinson had the conversation with him. Did Robinson fail to inform him that he was having major problems that could see him pushed out to another club? Surely the best coach ever (if you read media reports) would have been constantly talking to him & where he sat in the club. Either that or Flanagan didn't listen. Maybe Robinson isn't the wonder coach after all. He seems to have handled this one poorly.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flange Snr needs to tell little Flange to stop telling his fucking story and just play 1st grade footy, or piss off back to Cheatulla.
Flanno didn't even speak to anyone for the story. Flanno is quoted from January. Harsh to blame Flanno for this rehashed story. But I agree with him hopefully pissing off to Cronulla

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanno didn't even speak to anyone for the story. Flanno is quoted from January. Harsh to blame Flanno for this rehashed story. But I agree with him hopefully pissing off to Cronulla
I was partly being a smartass to be honest, but this kid has way to big an impression of himself considering what he has delivered so far.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone with half a footy brain would have noticed Flano was one of the worst on field in nsw cup. I swear to god I have no idea what the fuck these guys in the club watch. Are we just very smart football fans or are they just very stupid people?

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone with half a footy brain would have noticed Flano was one of the worst on field in nsw cup. I swear to god I have no idea what the fuck these guys in the club watch. Are we just very smart football fans or are they just very stupid people?
We are going to get the spoon because of the whole bunch of clowns incompetence to the team

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't remember a player being this emotionally fragile. It's professional sport. Players get released or dropped all of the time. Deal with it.
People talk about mental health and saying players are struggling with mental health it isn’t their fault blah blah but in my opinion the mental toughness is part and parcel of what makes a talented athlete.
Unless of course something bad happened. Death in the family, loved one raped, or something directly devastating.
I was critical of Will Pucovaki for the same reason with all his depression stuff.
Depression is real buy at the same time it isn’t. It’s mindset+ bad stuff happening to you. Not chemical imbalance or rubbish like that

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flange Snr needs to tell little Flange to stop telling his fucking story and just play 1st grade footy, or piss off back to Cheatulla.
Baz, this thread is a reference to a question from a Daily Smellagraph reporter to TBaz during his online press conference yesterday. Little Flange had (as far as we know) zero input into the content.

I can think of many more relevant questions to ask TBaz right now, rather than focusing on little Flange, but I don't work for the Daily Smellagraph...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Baz, this thread is a reference to a question from a Daily Smellagraph reporter to TBaz during his online press conference yesterday. Little Flange had (as far as we know) zero input into the content.

I can think of many more relevant questions to ask TBaz right now, rather than focusing on little Flange, but I don't work for the Daily Smellagraph...
I know that mate, but the very obvious and un-earnt chip on little Flanges shoulder needs to be flicked off. Since his arrival he has talked about how was going to lead us around..I also think our PR machine is woeful.