Opinion Flannagan needed a break however...

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no issue with Flanagan having a week or two out, hes not been good enough, I stand by him however as minus Thompson hes behind a shocking pack. However why are players like Katoa, Napa and Waddell still in the side?? These blokes are a disgrace to the jersey and are on contracts bigger/similar to Flanno, Napa is on 800k! Wheres the consistency? Why are these still playing, 3 of the worst Bulldogs players ive ever seen. So yeah I think to rebuild his confidence, take Kyle out for a week or two but be consistent! Take these shocking players out also!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If he stands up and takes this as a wake up call.then comes back and makes a point to show he’s got what it takes .. he has too, he should learn from all the other players that had an amazing opportunity. He does that I will 100% support him while he is here ,wearing the mighty blue an white.!!

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no issue with Flanagan having a week or two out, hes not been good enough, I stand by him however as minus Thompson hes behind a shocking pack. However why are players like Katoa, Napa and Waddell still in the side?? These blokes are a disgrace to the jersey and are on contracts bigger/similar to Flanno, Napa is on 800k! Wheres the consistency? Why are these still playing, 3 of the worst Bulldogs players ive ever seen. So yeah I think to rebuild his confidence, take Kyle out for a week or two but be consistent! Take these shocking players out also!!
The reason the other frauds are still playing is that Barrett has no one to replace them. We can't put a squad of 21 together because we don't even have 21 out of our squad of 30 to play. ATM we are shot ducks and we can barely patch a team together let alone a reasonable FG side and any more suspensions or injuries we are totally fvcked.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A stint in the Reggies will do Kyle the world of good.

I commend Kyle for having the balls to front up to the media today.

Chin Up Young Man.

Go Back, Work hard & come back a better man & a better footballer.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i think some of those you mentioned would have been dropped if it wasn't for all the injuries. I agree with him having a couple of games for mounties will be the best for him, especially if he rack up some wins

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The number 1 issue is the clowns behind the scenes along with Barrett.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think some of those you mentioned would have been dropped if it wasn't for all the injuries. I agree with him having a couple of games for mounties will be the best for him, especially if he rack up some wins
I see your point for sure but the reggies ain’t what it used to be. I don’t understand when people say it’s slower so he will execute better. What happens when he comes back to first grade ?? It will still be as quick.

If he wasn’t putting in then punt him for sure. I just don’t see how Napa and Katoa keep their spots and Flanno gets dropped. And it’s not as though Wakeham has been carving up reserve grade.

bluewhitepride

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wakeham is pretty much all that is left in the top 30 though.

They literally don't have any options for the other 2 positions. Dietz looks like he might be OK however he obviously isn't match fit to play a full 80 minutes at 9. He is quick and would have more impact in the middle of the game when fatigue sets in.

From a front row perspective, Napa is useless but there is fuck all available to replace him.

Nothing will change until we have a strong set of forwards laying the platform for the spine and backline.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have s look at the complete roster. At the moment there is no replacements..........that are better.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We don't have the depth, end of story. Most teams are down to 21 man squads right now...good one vlandy motherfuck ****.
Vlandy's on the Matty Johns show "Face to face" said if the rules turn out to not work he would admit it and rescind them. I think all these injuries are directly attributed to the stupid pace they've created. Add in over the top penalties and suspensions and here we are with multiple teams on the cusp of not fielding teams. I've never seen this before and it's failed big time. Time for him to admit it!

Last edited:

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have s look at the complete roster. At the moment there is no replacements..........that are better.
Deitz for Katoa and topine as a back up 9, even Topine for Waddell or Atoni for Waddell? Im not his biggest fan but even Ogden over Napa, atleast Flanagan gives a shit, Waddell, Katoa, Napa, dont.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason the other frauds are still playing is that Barrett has no one to replace them. We can't put a squad of 21 together because we don't even have 21 out of our squad of 30 to play. ATM we are shot ducks and we can barely patch a team together let alone a reasonable FG side and any more suspensions or injuries we are totally fvcked.
Maybe so but even at the start when we did have a side, people like Katoa and Napa where still playing! Disgraceful players.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vlandy's on the Matty Johns show "Face to face" said if the rules turn out to not work he would admit it and rescind them. I think all these injuries are directly attributed to the stupid pace they've created. Add in over the top penalties and suspensions and here we are with multiple teams on the cusp of not fielding teams. I've never seen this before and it's failed big time. Time for him to admit it!
Agree the days of the gripping grind game are gone.
The game has been turned Into try fests. NRL now posts the score lines we used to laugh at Rugby for.
38-22 and so on.

Silly big score lines and huge injuries is the outcome of the Nrl’s tinkering obsession with rule changes and speeding the game up.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don't have the depth, end of story. Most teams are down to 21 man squads right now...good one vlandy motherfuck ****.
Because valandy decided it was time to make the game faster to the point where players are totally fatigued and the other knucklehead in charge of the nrl said the game is not faster than last year...lol

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He needs a good stint in reserves for confidence

Set up a few tries, score some, kick 4020

Don’t kick on zero tackle etc

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flanagan has been a clear standout for worst player in our squad imo(honourable mention to s katoa). Whilst our pack hasn't been world beaters, they have on occasions provided good forward momentum and quick play the balls that flanagan has not once taken advantage of.

Furthermore flanagan definitely hinders our packs forward momentum with poor organisation and terrible pass selection. He has the knack of feeding the ball to the forward in the most densely defended part of the oppositions defensive line and will often telegraph it too the opposition..

His kicking game has been nothing short of disgusting in both yardage and attack. In yardage his kicks are so weak and in your traditional end over end style placing little to no pressure on the receiver and are always directed down the receivers throat.

His Fifth tackle options in the red zone are by far the worst of the lot.. the countless times he received the ball on the last and shit himself, only to dump the ball off outside of him, is by far the most infuriating thing and damaging thing he does.

His lack of execution in attack is a major reason why we are having record points scored against us..

If anything this new style of game that vlandys has implemented shows that attack is the best form of defense.

If you can't get a repeat set via goal line drop out or get the ball back after scoring a try, then you are by default, giving the opposition too much ball. You give the opposition too much ball in this current game, then you will be burnt.

Finally a trend I've noticed with most teams and even with ours at times (small amount of times) that tries create momentum especially in the forwards.. most forwards in the comp are full of running right after scoring a try. It would be demoralizing as a forward to continually get to the red zone time after time, only to come away with nothing.

Not defending the forwards but definitely not giving them all the blame like a lot of people on here..

P.s I think S. Katoas performances have been disgraceful and Flanagan definitely can blame some of his shitness on Katoa.. I can only imagine Trent is only running with Katoa out of necessity? But even then his use of the bench rotation has been terrible. Trent had a perfect opportunity in the dragons game to bring on Dietz when the game was in the balance 10-15 before h/t..

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deitz for Katoa and topine as a back up 9, even Topine for Waddell or Atoni for Waddell? Im not his biggest fan but even Ogden over Napa, atleast Flanagan gives a shit, Waddell, Katoa, Napa, dont.
I would expect some of the changes you mentioned like deitz Topine and posibly schoup will get their chance after round 10 when they are eligible to play under the NRL rules ( that suck by the way ) as they are not in the original 30

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just makes you think what’s going to be left at finals time, at this rate teams will look nothing like they do now
So it’s a real lottery