Flanagan's first outing

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s not going to shine in his role even at his best because a lot of his work will go unnoticed. Given it was his first game without the five eighth he trained the majority of the pre season with I’m not taking a lot out of that game. It’s going to take time for everything to gel.

The only concern I’m taking out of it with Flanagan is we need variety in our kicker. Having him do the vast majority of the kicking gives the opposition way too much opportunity to put him under pressure.
Hence why the crafty shifty little number 9 deitz worked so well for us. The sharks had eyes on Flanagan as first receiver and he darted out of dummy half using his speed to bust them wide open. Then later he puts on a kick into the in goal to Cary things yeah it was too long but this kid will only get better. My point is a good number 9 will take pressure off Flanagan. Let’s see what jmk will do but I’m not holding my breath based on his performance for the Maoris 2 weeks ago.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hence why the crafty shifty little number 9 deitz worked so well for us. The sharks had eyes on Flanagan as first receiver and he darted out of dummy half using his speed to bust them wide open. Then later he puts on a kick into the in goal to Cary things yeah it was too long but this kid will only get better. My point is a good number 9 will take pressure off Flanagan. Let’s see what jmk will do but I’m not holding my breath based on his performance for the Maoris 2 weeks ago.
Judging by that interview with Baz, he says we need our spine to take pressure off Flanno as our only point of attack and we need more kicks from spine.

That probably helps Deitz's chances bc our dummy halves don't appear to offer much along those lines.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Judging by that interview with Baz, he says we need our spine to take pressure off Flanno as our only point of attack and we need more kicks from spine.

That probably helps Deitz's chances bc our dummy halves don't appear to offer much along those lines.
Agree Deitz has a kicking game and has fu>kn go out of dummy half causing defences to hold off...bring on Deitz

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was last year and @Dogna88 made me
Hahaha headmix actually thinks you rated lewis. There is a whole thread dedicated you to losing a bet and being forced to have a lewis profile pic.

That doesn't explain the picture you have of Baz in speedos choking Lewis...... hmmmmm

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Flano did really well in the trial, with new crew, against fair quality opposition he stood out.