News Flanagan wants to bring success to Belmore

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hes actually really smart tho. personally like his analysis and commentary.
not saying he is not intelligent... just that he is not as intelligent as he thinks... see his interaction with Buzz on NRL 360 as to him having roles with both the Storm and Roosters

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cronk is a paid employee of the Roosters and knows on which side his bread is buttered... and let me take this opportunity to express my delight at another ex-Rooster getting a high paying, highly visible media role post career

Cronk should also be mindful that at the same age as Flanagan, he was a utility for the Storm coming off the bench with Orford the halfback
He shouldn't be able to do fox games when the roosters or storm are playing ,as he's a employee of both clubs,same with ennis with canberra or sharks games,cory parker with broncos and so on,no body likes sitting there listening to their bias bullshit cronks a wanker

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He shouldn't be able to do fox games when the roosters or storm are playing ,as he's a employee of both clubs,same with ennis with canberra or sharks games,cory parker with broncos and so on,no body likes sitting there listening to their bias bullshit cronks a wanker
age old problem with league commentators... Alexander and Penrith, Daley and the Dragons, Gould and the Panthers and Roosters etc.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What is it with the hate for Flanagan coming from Cooper Gronk? Last night he said again the Rorters flicked Flano because they wanted to win a comp....

Gronks fucking kidding himself still crapping on about it. What a hater.

The roosters weren’t good enough...nothing to do with Flano, GTF over it!
Yeah he's biased. Most players are like that to their former team's.
Surprisingly Slater isn't, he talked up the Panthers when they played the storm. Farah is another one aswell he's good, heard him talk up the dogs a few times aswell.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kyle Flanagan is a new face to Belmore having signed a three-year deal with the club from the Sydney Roosters until the end of 2023.

His arrival, along with a number of key recruits as well as a new-look coaching staff is a new beginning at Canterbury, with improvement on everyone’s radar.

Joining The Jimmy Smith Show on 1170SEN today, the halfback spoke about the pre-season and looked ahead to season 2021.

“We want to improve. We want to make the top eight, that’s our goal this year. We don’t want to pump ourselves up too much, but we’re pretty excited about our trial this weekend,” said Flanagan.

Having a former half at the helm of the Bulldogs, the 22-year old was glowing in his praise of Barrett when asked to describe the Head Coach.

“Confident in his players. I feel like the boys believe him and all the boys respect him. My relationship with him so far has been really good. I love going to training every day and seeing his face, he’s always upbeat, it’s exciting,” he added.

After a season at the Roosters and two with the Sharks, the son of premiership winning coach Shane Flanagan is ready to take his game to another level in the blue and white.

“Obviously I have only played 30 first grade games, but I really want to take my game to the next level. Be a bigger factor in games and being a halfback you need to be a dominant player. I can’t wait for that opportunity at the Bulldogs. That’s all I want to do, is bring success to the Bulldogs and keep improving on my own path,” Flanagan said.

Haha, full of promise
Delivered fuck all.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanagan is shit how embarrassing
lol nice having a shot at something from half a year ago
at the time i think the majority of people were happy for us to have a half back after watching coggar, lewis, and a whole range of other fucking duds for the years prior.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
lol nice having a shot at something from half a year ago
at the time i think the majority of people were happy for us to have a half back after watching coggar, lewis, and a whole range of other fucking duds for the years prior.
I was happy with Cogger unlike some, he showed clear progression each game.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who reckons Flanagan will have a big fat cry again when gus and baz sit him down and tell him there shipping him off
I don't know how he recovers from this personally.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was happy with Cogger unlike some, he showed clear progression each game.
I thought that too, and always thought he didn't get an extended run. But at the time my view was that Flanno was coming in, Cogger was cut, Lewis was on the way out.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I thought that too, and always thought he didn't get an extended run. But at the time my view was that Flanno was coming in, Cogger was cut, Lewis was on the way out.
Agree, hindsight is a wonderful thing, I think most expected more out of Flanagan. Was only about 2-3 people that bagged the shit out of the signing. Imo though I'm still on the fence about the kid as he is so young and has been managed terribly. He can turn it around if he's humble and goes to SL or somewhere and do a Blake green and return later

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is where the problem is, when he came over from the chooks he'd had a reasonably good season and got ceremoniously dumped. Maybe he wasn't a sh!t hot ½ but to us he was levels better than anything we have had for a few years. Playing behind a second rate forward pack dented his confidence and showed his deficiencies. I personally don't think he is totally useless and behind a decent forward pack and with a good backline like we are going to have next year, he may just turn out to be the a decent ½back.

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is where the problem is, when he came over from the chooks he'd had a reasonably good season and got ceremoniously dumped. Maybe he wasn't a sh!t hot ½ but to us he was levels better than anything we have had for a few years. Playing behind a second rate forward pack dented his confidence and showed his deficiencies. I personally don't think he is totally useless and behind a decent forward pack and with a good backline like we are going to have next year, he may just turn out to be the a decent ½back.
Agree. I’m happy to reserve judgment under Round 8 2022 when he is working behind a better pack.

Malla

Reaction score
Good points, just questionable tho why he isn’t getting a start now. Would rather him over Lewis if Lewis won’t be here next year and while Avo’s development and improvement has been great at half, not sure if he is the answer next to Burton either.