Flanagan is our immediate problem.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Respectfully - forwards have nothing to do with last tackle options.

And on that alone, Flanagan is consistently displaying the worst possible decisions when it comes to our last play.
The whole "forwards need to aim up" argument is bogus. Flano is a dud, plain and simple. We would have been better keeping Cogger until a genuinely quality halfback became available TBH.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole "forwards need to aim up" argument is bogus. Flano is a dud, plain and simple. We would have been better keeping Cogger until a genuinely quality halfback became available TBH.
Maybe it’s a valid argument and he has certainly been disappointing. With the way our cap is structured I can’t see us signing a top half for next year. I think he is signed for 3 years but the good thing for us is that he is not on big money.

I would imagine next year our halves combo will be 2 of Avo, Burton and Kyle. If Avo or Flanagan don’t aim up then we are in the market for a top half in 2023 and they don’t come cheap

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have always been a fan of Lachlan Lewis and do not understand why he cannot get a run. (Is he injured?)
Some coaches (The Eels infamous Bush Coach in particular) are simply too scared to make changes when they are needed - maybe Barrett is the same, he did the same at Moanly - would not drop players who were more baggage load than you can fit on a fully booked A380 airliner.
You also have very young and inexperienced "playmakers."

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have always been a fan of Lachlan Lewis and do not understand why he cannot get a run. (Is he injured?)
Some coaches (The Eels infamous Bush Coach in particular) are simply too scared to make changes when they are needed - maybe Barrett is the same, he did the same at Moanly - would not drop players who were more baggage load than you can fit on a fully booked A380 airliner.
You also have very young and inexperienced "playmakers."
You won't find many Lewis fans in here but he certainly needs to be given another shot and soon. Time to see what Barrett can do with him rather than seem him leave without getting a shot at all this year. Apart from anything, Flanagan needs to know that he's not an immediate choice halfback and that it's time to go and work on his game.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Will Barrett ever be able to swallow his pride and drop Flano or are we stuck with Flano for a few seasons?
Man it’s a ugly one , this can be a turn off for signing someone at time we are truly desperate especially if coach loyalty is going to be questionable , I think none of his new recruits need to get fired right now till at least the first few games into next season . I’m just saying man it wouldn’t be a good look .
Baz , is to smart even if he had to scapegoat Flanno he wouldn’t do it . keep the motto playing by just blaming the current situation as whole , and not be like dragon supporters with how they show ,,,love you one week and bag you out the next week , with there players , if you know what I mean .
Hell yeah would love Lewis to get a crack ASAP , fingers crossed Flanno does a hammie in the final run before game on Sunday . Otherwise let both of them play on the team He ain’t all that bad , but Lewis is a sick defender and ok sometimes has good outside passes and creates chances ie Cotric gets better service .
Just IMO no offence to anyone else thanks for breeding

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Averillo
6. Burton
7. Reynolds
9. Hectic cheese

and it’s plausible and possible

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You won't find many Lewis fans in here but he certainly needs to be given another shot and soon. Time to see what Barrett can do with him rather than seem him leave without getting a shot at all this year. Apart from anything, Flanagan needs to know that he's not an immediate choice halfback and that it's time to go and work on his game.
I am far from a Lewis fan as a game manager/play maker.

With the rabble we have in this current team though.

I would have him in the 13 jersey as a point of difference. Offering another kicking option. Also Defensively strong through the middle. He’s also someone gives his all and play with some heart.

I think without the pressure of being the chief play maker he would be good for us. His presence would also take some heat off Flanagan and Averillo and allow them to play a bit more freely.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan is so no ironic in everything.
Doesn’t get repeat sets can’t take the line on,easy to defend against .
And those hideous last tackle kicks.
I’m more worried than ever cause Barrett says Flanagan will be better than Cleary.
With attacking weapons like Burton and ado carr we need someone who can take the line on,Flanagan has never and will never be an attacking player,if we wanna ever challenge the storm in future that’s what we need.
Attack all over

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am far from a Lewis fan as a game manager/play maker.

With the rabble we have in this current team though.

I would have him in the 13 jersey as a point of difference. Offering another kicking option. Also Defensively strong through the middle. He’s also someone gives his all and play with some heart.

I think without the pressure of being the chief play maker he would be good for us. His presence would also take some heat off Flanagan and Averillo and allow them to play a bit more freely.
Good idea, been saying this for a long time..

Stevo316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wish Flanagan played with a little bit more mongrel in him like the broncos number 7 did last night against the cowboys

bluewhitepride

Waterboy
Reaction score
I've been reading this forum for so many years without really contributing as I hate my phone's keyboard however this morning I feel complelled to say something about this.

There is no coincidence that we piled the points on Cronulla in the first half and both Thompson and Napa had their best games in our colours. They beat the advantage line, they played the ball quickly and laid a platform for our entire backline to see some ball with some space for a change.

Our halves and entire backline are at a complete disadvantage due to our forwards getting outmuscled set after set, followed by slow play the balls then horrendous service from Katoa. They give away far too many set repeats due to laziness and are constantly gassed. There wouldn't be a great deal of halves in the top grade today that would succeed in this environment.

I am far from Flanagan's biggest fan and I have serious doubts about him being our long term solution however I will not judge him until the pack issues are fixed.

macca24

Waterboy
Reaction score
He hasn't done anything to be a walk up to the team nor is he showing signs of improvement. I know Barrett wouldn't want to end up with a Brody Croft situation where he gets dropped and gives the media shit to talk about but I really believe our team would improve if he wasn't playing.

He just doesn't contribute anything to the team.
He is playing behind a beaten forward pack every weekend. Our 5/8 is not offering much. And our hooker service is crap. It hink he will be better when Burton arrives and a good hooker . We also need some bigger forwards.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rubbish, the guy is a dud, I could play better and so could half the kennel members

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He played behind a dominant pack at the Roosters and they were happy for him to go.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lol if anyone thinks TB will drop Flanagan...once he has a decent pack of forwards in front of him you ll see a different player.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carnt pass, carnt kick, carnt take on the line, carnt run, we have ourselves a beauty