Opinion Flanagan cannot be no 7 in 2023

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO they are playing him over Wakes and BBO for 1 of 2 reasons,
(1) The are afraid of him crying and upsetting the Fox arseholes, who are no doubt mates of his dad.
(2) they still have hopes of some other club taking him off our hands.
IMHO our club (probably due to reading TK) has made another big mistake in letting JMK go, he would have made a much better HB than Flamingo.
Have you seen JMK play halfback? He is actually worse than Flanno there

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You never know as halves very limited atm
He's too erratic and a liability defensively , didn't even play halfback despite having the 7 on his back. Maybe he's an option next season but I can see why he wasn't one this year.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We are not a powerhouse team to have a no. 7 passenger. Him being average and not creating attacking plays with some success means he has to be moved on or be used as a depth player at best.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt he’ll be let go until his contract finishes next year. Wakeham would be slightly better but is definitely not the answer. BBO is probably our only other option for ‘23.

Gus is working getting us a gun HB and that will have to wait until ‘24.

Flanagan, Hunt, Munster and Walker are all off contract at the end of ‘23.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton can't mature carrying the team and learning his trade at the same time.
I don't know how you see it but can anyone imagine Flamingo delivering a decent pass to a rampaging Kikau, which means that with Flamingo at 7, Kicks would became a wasted signing.
Just for the record when we signed Frank the tank also from the Panthers, Hassler used him as battering ram. He still did a great job but IMO was not the game breaker I thought he would be.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't know how you see it but can anyone imagine Flamingo delivering a decent pass to a rampaging Kikau, which means that with Flamingo at 7, Kicks would became a wasted signing.
Just for the record when we signed Frank the tank also from the Panthers, Hassler used him as battering ram. He still did a great job but IMO was not the game breaker I thought he would be.
Flamingo kills all momentum already. He should never seen FG again.

PS hope you're feeling better brother.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s a thought move junior to half until we come up with a better option - trex revisited.

Tpj is a half in a props body Flanagan is a half in steady Eddie’s body and that’s a major insult to steady Eddie.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flamingo kills all momentum already. He should never seen FG again.

PS hope you're feeling better brother.
Thanks for your thoughts Bro, feeling a bit better and can take a few steps without support now.
The docs seem to think that I need the right hip replaced, already have a new left one.
I keep thinking and praying for you to, I feel for the pain your been through.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s a thought move junior to half until we come up with a better option - trex revisited.

Tpj is a half in a props body Flanagan is a half in steady Eddie’s body and that’s a major insult to steady Eddie.
One thing that worries me is that Potter or the club are continually playing Flamingo because they are afraid of upsetting his dad and the Fox reporters.
Flamingo has now had 4 years playing HB 1 at the sharks, 1 at the rotters, and 2 with us, and IMO he has gone backwards.
Its obovious that he is never going to make a HB arsehole, so why continue to play him at all, it's not like he could make a fist of some other position.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts Bro, feeling a bit better and can take a few steps without support now.
The docs seem to think that I need the right hip replaced, already have a new left one.
I keep thinking and praying for you to, I feel for the pain your been through.
Keep fighting soldier!