Opinion Flanagan’s kicking game

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely diabolical:

His bombs do not get enough distance.

He never finds touch to give us a breather.

He freezes up close to the line so you’ll never see him grubber.

His chip kicks are rubbish- see the preseason footage “put it on a dime Flanno” kick goes no where near JAC.

Burton got two repeat sets on the weekend and barely kicked LOL

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutely diabolical:

His chip kicks are rubbish- see the preseason footage “put it on a dime Flanno” kick goes no where near JAC.

I totally agree Flanno has been copping a good kicking from almost every member of the Kennel so I can't understand why his kicking hasn't improved??

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where?

It was funny watching the boys kick the ball around at training as you could focus in on everybody's style, technique and accuracy.

Burton - easily the biggest and best long kicks, field goals, didn't see his grubbers due to not training much. #hits 4 field goals over the black dot from 40m out in a row.

Flannagan - slaps at the ball. Literally u get a slap when his foot hits the ball... i cant understand how a pro footballer doesn't know how to hit a footy.

Reynolds - Good kick, not the best at dropping at a coin but follows through at the least.

Rajab - Best kick at the club. Hits them sweetly, drops them on a dime and has some distance about him considering his size.

Hayward - Not far off Rajab, probably the best short kicking / attacking kicking game.

Oloapu - Same, not far off Rajab and Hayward rather still has plenty to come considering age.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely diabolical:

They kick better in the WNRL then Flanno

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree Flanno has been copping a good kicking from almost every member of the Kennel so I can't understand why his kicking hasn't improved??
Pressures playing high profile club mate…he performs he will be loved.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely diabolical:

Flanno is in the Lewis/Wakeham category in that he lacks the fundamentals of a NRL HB which is why the Dogs can't offload him to another club.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think he has ever kicked a 40/20 with the Dogs.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think he has ever kicked a 40/20 with the Dogs.
Think Burto kicked 3 last year for us. Just from memory.

Edit: just looked it up. Reed kicked 2 also.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im sure there are kids in the Junior comp that can kick better than him.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I might be mistaken, but don't we have the biggest boot in the nrl in Burton? Flanno should be kicking from within the 20, not aiming for it from long distance.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My observation from an outsider watching him. He's not mentally tough and confidence is not his strong suit either. He needs a bit of mongrel in him and to not give a shit of all doubters - including me. Don't get me wrong, anyone can change, but can't see it with Kyle. Now just waiting for Flanaguns response? He see what everyone else doesn't.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanno is in the Lewis/Wakeham category in that he lacks the fundamentals of a NRL HB which is why the Dogs can't offload him to another club.
Dads name got him through junior reps, f@&k knows what got him into NRL.. he wouldn’t even be a stand out at country football level.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely diabolical:

Put in simle words his kicking like virtually every other aspect of his game is useless.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He really let's down the teams kicking overall.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where?

It was funny watching the boys kick the ball around at training as you could focus in on everybody's style, technique and accuracy.

Burton - easily the biggest and best long kicks, field goals, didn't see his grubbers due to not training much. #hits 4 field goals over the black dot from 40m out in a row.

Flannagan - slaps at the ball. Literally u get a slap when his foot hits the ball... i cant understand how a pro footballer doesn't know how to hit a footy.

Reynolds - Good kick, not the best at dropping at a coin but follows through at the least.

Rajab - Best kick at the club. Hits them sweetly, drops them on a dime and has some distance about him considering his size.

Hayward - Not far off Rajab, probably the best short kicking / attacking kicking game.

Oloapu - Same, not far off Rajab and Hayward rather still has plenty to come considering age.
Flanagan - it is beyond me what has happened to this guy. Confidence shot? Wasn’t he, NSW under 20s origin Captain & in early days, NSW Cup HB of the season???
So the talent must be there.
If he just wants to be himself, who the hell has he been recently? As usual it sounds like he thinks the blame lies with others for his performance deficiencies. Kyle……now is the year to prove us all wrong……..as mentioned above, we have plenty others waiting in the wings. I’d suggest he has 5 rounds to respond significantly or gonski…