Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
i didnt say fitler was better, Johns by a whisker, not by far. Try disect the 2 players. There is no part of Joey's game that is far superior than fitler's

kicking game: Fitler has the best torpedo i have ever seen in the past 15 years, both have awesome long kicking games, Joey beats him in the short kick
running game: Both very good runners, 1 on 1 fitler was the better runner due to that emaculate left foot step
passing game: Joey long passing game is the best ive ever seem, freddy not too far behind
leadership: both awesome leaders of the game
defence: both great defenders
dominance: they both dominated the comp in their respective eras.

were is the real standout? Not much. Its a foot race, by no means is Joey by far better than freddy.
I wouldn't even put Fittler on the same turf as Johns, Hani.

Johns on his own made Newcastle a force in the 90s and got them their Premiership. Fittlers Roosters went nowhere for however many years Fittler was in the team - and their 2002 Premiership would never have been if it weren't for the Dogs being kicked out.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Joey dominance is far better than fittlers ever was... and Joey football brian is by far better, he could just read the game and adapt accordingly... there is a reason why NSW won SOO when he was around.. he could make something out of nothing.
Put it this way when Joey is playing # 7 and Fittler Playing # 6 who is leading the team? who is organising? and who is barking instructions?

Johns on his own made Newcastle a force in the 90s and got them their Premiership. Fittlers Roosters went nowhere for however many years Fittler was in the team - and their 2002 Premiership would never have been if it weren't for the Dogs being kicked out.
what do you mean fitler went no where for however many years? the roosters were always around GF time from the late 90s till the mid 00s. Did you forget the dominance that fitler had on the roosters? Go look at the ratio of wins/losses that the roosters had when fittler was playing and not playing, its worse the JT has at the cowboys.

The only reason the knights won the GF in 97 was due to the fact there was super league/ARL. Brisbane easily would have won the comp.

Not to mention also, for a few year Joey johns had to play as hooker for Aus and NSW as he couldnt get the number 7 jersey also. Fitler and Johns didnt play much together in the rep levels. And yes Joey was the dominant one in rep level, as a halfback should be. They are the ones doing the organising, not the 5/8.

Remember i said Joey is the better player :p but not by how much yo guys think.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
what do you mean fitler went no where for however many years? the roosters were always around GF time from the late 90s till the mid 00s. Did you forget the dominance that fitler had on the roosters? Go look at the ratio of wins/losses that the roosters had when fittler was playing and not playing, its worse the JT has at the cowboys.

The only reason the knights won the GF in 97 was due to the fact there was super league/ARL. Brisbane easily would have won the comp.

Not to mention also, for a few year Joey johns had to play as hooker for Aus and NSW as he couldnt get the number 7 jersey also. Fitler and Johns didnt play much together in the rep levels. And yes Joey was the dominant one in rep level, as a halfback should be. They are the ones doing the organising, not the 5/8.

You raise a fair point. Fittler is up there in my books with one of the best. I just think Johns is up there on his own.

There is Johns at the top of his game - then your current day legends like Fittler, Lockyer, Thurston and whoever else you want to put on that list. He was one of a kind IMO. The fact you and I can confidently say that Johns is the best player in Rugby League seperates him from the rest.

-313-

You raise a fair point. Fittler is up there in my books with one of the best. I just think Johns is up there on his own.

There is Johns at the top of his game - then your current day legends like Fittler, Lockyer, Thurston and whoever else you want to put on that list. He was one of a kind IMO. The fact you and I can confidently say that Johns is the best player in Rugby League seperates him from the rest.
Exactly... you can lump Fittler, with JT, and Lockyer, even Daley. but Johns is in class of his own....

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
thurston hasnt finished yet. Id wait and see what he can do. Shame he is in a crap team. Joey from the late 90s till the early mid 00s still had a handy team. We tend to forget in that period they had the likes of tahu, buderus, maddog, odavis, the chief, albert, simpson, and a host of other forwards who made rep selections.

Really jt has to do it all for the cowboys. With a solid team like say if he was at the tigers, he would be way more effective

A

aleka

Your kidding right?
Roosters were in the mix the whole time Freddy was there.
If you knew the game you would know Fittler was the better natural talent.

-313-

Your kidding right?
the Better natural talent??? LMAO... Seriously consider the environment before you start smoking whatever it is you're smoking.

A

aleka

Im on the other side of the coin Hani.
After watching them both live a number of times, Fittler was the one that had the real wow fractor.
Fittler >>> Johns

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Your kidding right?
No I'm not kidding - and as a matter of fact I never said Fittler was anything but a top player. He was pure class.

But to say that Fittler > Johns, I could say the same and wonder if you knew anything about the game.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lockyer for me. Fittler was a better player but only played in the first half of the decade.
Fittler was a great player, but Johns is king. IMO nobody I have seen has come close to Johns. It wasn't just how good he was but it was also the things he started like the banana kicks and torpedo bombs that would curl away from the fullbacks.
As far as alltime greats goes, Johns> Fittler> Thurston> Lockyer. Greg Inglis will be in front of Fittler by the end of this decade.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Lockyer for me. Fittler was a better player but only played in the first half of the decade.
Fittler was a great player, but Johns is king. IMO nobody I have seen has come close to Johns. It wasn't just how good he was but it was also the things he started like the banana kicks and torpedo bombs that would curl away from the fullbacks.
As far as alltime greats goes, Johns> Fittler> Thurston> Lockyer. Greg Inglis will be in front of Fittler by the end of this decade.
big call but... I cant argue with it ;)

Johns was a tough bastard aswell... At times was just like an extra forward in defence

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
big call but... I cant argue with it ;)

Johns was a tough bastard aswell... At times was just like an extra forward in defence
I jizz watching Inglis play! ****ing love it.

Johns could hit like a forward and pull off a lot of driving tackles. There is nothing he couldn't do. Actually he can't fight! Jamie Goddard dropped him like a sack of **** haha.

bulldogchook

MR BULLDOG
Reaction score
Darren lockyer is the most over rated player of his time ...... Cannot tackle , cant kick goals can't even ****ing talk

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Darren lockyer is the most over rated player of his time ...... Cannot tackle , cant kick goals can't even ****ing talk
:roflol:

totally agree, he shouldnt have even made first grade thats how **** he is :sleepy:

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
he also should be sacked cuz his voice is ****ed. He was deep throated as a boy

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
*deepthroated voice*

If ahhh, the Dragons won ahhhh, 11 Premierships with one Raper... ahhhhhh!!!

IMAGINE AHHHHH

HOW MANY THE AHHHHHHHHH

DOGS CAN WINN WITH AHHHHHH

13 RAPERS!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.