Fishing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mulloway

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey stoofy...mate I fish the hawkesbury...80% of my big Jews are in daylight...my biggest is 36kg..everyone knows me on the river and the charter boats fishing for Jew don't fish near me...I love it and love just being on the water...did you see the one that took me around the boat?

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 19966

Caught this nice sized Bream couple years ago, got a smoke packet to compare size. Was featured in the weekly classic fish part of the newspaper.

mulloway

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My biggest bream is 58cms caught in mullet crk fishing the oyster leases

Also I can't upload pics as I'm using iPad...anyone know why

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Mainly use the tailor for live bait or butterfly them and target king fish or jewies down at Lilli Pilli.

Jervis Bay was peaking earlier this year 30cm+ Bream and Snappers, this sunny Sydney weather has made me keen to take out the boat again.

Theres no thrill in that.
I was down there on the weekend to go whale watching and I was pretty keen to go fishing there

Would probably go down after Ramadan

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey stoofy...mate I fish the hawkesbury...80% of my big Jews are in daylight...my biggest is 36kg..everyone knows me on the river and the charter boats fishing for Jew don't fish near me...I love it and love just being on the water...did you see the one that took me around the boat?
Yes I saw your 30 kilo mulloway on youtube. Great catch!

Are you into the tides, moon phases and all of that?

Im not into that as I take my boat out with a few long necks. If I catch something its just a bonus. I love being out on the water especially after work during the week. No-one is out there!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Landing a marlin off the rocks at JB is on the bucket list.
Ahhhh the tube at JB, the stories are legendary ! Seeing it in person is surreal ! I went, chasing marlin off the rocks, as soon as I got there and saw the gear people were using, I knew I was undergunned, so I pulled up a cosy rock and spent the day watching.
This guy had a shimano TLD50 2speed reel on a LBG(land based game) 10'rod. He got hit HARD in his strike zone, but couldn't slow the fish down, he had his drag fully locked and nothing ! He's pouring fresh water on his reel to keep it cool and it's STEAMING !! Fish spooled him out ! 1000m of 60lb line and the marlin took it in 2mins !! Most awesome thing I've ever seen fishing !

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ah sweet. thanks!
really there is a fish called nice guy?
Niggers are blackfish or ludderick. Thy hang around he rocks and feed on cabbage. You need a tiny hook thin line and a blackfish float to even stand a chance ! Absolute bastards to catch but very rewarding.
If your looking for a thrill, try spinning metal lures at north or south whale beach, the kingies and tuna up there seem really aggressive and hit HARD when your spinning !

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like there are a few fishermen in The Kennel. We should organise a Deep Sea Fishing Trip!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds like there are a few fishermen in The Kennel. We should organise a Deep Sea Fishing Trip!
I'm hopeless on boats ! I spend the whole day burleying over the rail !! I went on a cruise a couple of years back $2000 to chuck my cunt up for 14 days and 14 nights !!

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh the feeling of watching all that line go out knowin how hard its gonna be to get back lol and only if your lucky enough to get the chance, such a buzz though. I prefer Beecroft tbh the fishing isent quite as good as the tubes but atleast its not packed to the brink. Got a mate who lives in Culburra so im hopin to be down there afew times in the summer.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never been on a boat but always up for a challenge, Would be pretty good, B.y.o booze

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm hopeless on boats ! I spend the whole day burleying over the rail !! I went on a cruise a couple of years back $2000 to chuck my cunt up for 14 days and 14 nights !!
Once it is out then keep fishing!

Cant be that bad. You will also get a mad ab workout!

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a very keen fisho! Im on the water minimum once a week. Tournament bream fishing is my thing.

I also enjoy jigging for kings, flicking plastics over reefs for snapper, and targeting jewies on lures in estuaries!

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
I'm a very keen fisho! Im on the water minimum once a week. Tournament bream fishing is my thing.

I also enjoy jigging for kings, flicking plastics over reefs for snapper, and targeting jewies on lures in estuaries!
Haha if i go a week without fishing its considered a bad week.

Never knew the kennel had many fishermen.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha if i go a week without fishing its considered a bad week.

Never knew the kennel had many fishermen.
Lets organise a Deep Sea Fishing trip. Sounds like Bad-Billy will be the berley anyway (if we can get him on the boat)!

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Lets organise a Deep Sea Fishing trip. Sounds like Bad-Billy will be the berley anyway (if we can get him on the boat)!
I would be willing to go if i have a free schedule, haha bad-billy with tuna oil.

Last edited by a moderator:

mulloway

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I never fish weekends..onlyduring the week...yeah I'm into tides,moon phases etc

Pretty much got it down pat...I hate deep sea fishing..I'm a river man...only go outside to get my big slimies

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would be willing to go if i have a free schedule, haha bad-billy with tuna oil.
I could have bread crumbs and cat food for dinner the night before !

Status
Not open for further replies.