Fishing thread

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met some kids returning from fishing at Narrabeen Lake and asked how they went.
They said they had both caught a few Flathead, a couple being 60cm+ that they tossed back.
"Catch and release, never kill your breeders..." said one.
Thats good ethical fishing.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I met some kids returning from fishing at Narrabeen Lake and asked how they went.
They said they had both caught a few Flathead, a couple being 60cm+ that they tossed back.
"Catch and release, never kill your breeders..." said one.
Thats good ethical fishing.
Starting to see more of it. Alot of social media pressure is for catch and release of the big fellas

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mainly do crabbing myself as of late, depending on what's around. Whiting are always fun when they're on, but they've been more hit and miss in recent years.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Love fishing with the kids, we usually go to Balmain, pier 2 or pier 8, Tom ugly bridge, for the long weekend we’re heading to Wollongong, port Kembla. Does anyone have any other suggestions for fishing with the Kids?
Been fishing and spearfishing with both of my kids since they where in nappies and honestly it was never about the type of fishing we did just the time and memories we shared as they grew into adults, Thats what they will remember long after I am dead, and that's awesome.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starting to see more of it. Alot of social media pressure is for catch and release of the big fellas
Yeah, it's a great trend, if you're not going to eat it, don't kill it, and often the very big fish, apart from being your brood stock, tends not to taste as good anyway, flathead in particular.