Fishing and your fishing set up.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First one in my life, probably the only one lol it's over 6kg ,I just go down water front have a few beers and little bbq to chill ,I only throw the rod out to see if I get a nibble, I don't really care if I catch anything of not. That definitely a bonus lol
Love how you don't give a shit, if you catch anything or not. And you catch a big fish.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love how you don't give a shit, if you catch anything or not. And you catch a big fish.
It is always the way though. You can go fish the same spot ten times and catch nothing, then the next time the spot will have a tonne of fish biting. You won't enjoy fishing as much if you judge a trip by the fish you catch. Sometimes it's just nice to get out and chill by the water.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can someone take me fishing? My dad's Irish so he never took me.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the recommended budget kit for someone new to fishing?
Will not be on a boat.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What's the recommended budget kit for someone new to fishing?
Will not be on a boat.
What's the budget? You can get lucky at BCF and Anaconda and pick up a Daiwa rod and real combo for about 100 bucks.

A tip is become a member of both (for free) and they always have deals they send out by email.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the budget? You can get lucky at BCF and Anaconda and pick up a Daiwa rod and real combo for about 100 bucks.

A tip is become a member of both (for free) and they always have deals they send out by email.
Worth the coin over say a Kmart special if you're just dipping your toes so to speak?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Worth the coin over say a Kmart special if you're just dipping your toes so to speak?
I love Daiwa, top quality and tough.

I've had plenty of Kmart combos that do their job well. Usually Jarvis Walker brand. 30-50 bucks can get you a good combo to learn your craft with.

The pros on here will tell you exactly what to start with but im guessing a 7 foot estuary combo will serve you well.