first time im happy after a game in a long time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a cracking game!!! As the post teads, its the first time im happy after a game in a long while. Sure a win would have been so much better, but im really proud of the boys!!! Here are some positives i took out of the game:

1. Our defense was aggressive. It caused turnovers directly leading to a try. They put it to them the whole game!

2 . We were in it up to our eyeballs until the whistle blowed fulltime. Something we havnt managed in a while.

3. We scored some points!! If not for goal kicking we would have drawn this game and made it golden point.

4. Bar one kick, i think Mbye kicked well. Nice high kicks that allowed plenty of time for our defense to arrive and put pressure on them.

5. We ball played. Especially in the last 20.

6. Mbye passed to reynolds and vice versa several times.

7. Elliot had some good touches, even scored a try off a great line he ran. Good to see the guy have more time on the field and get some confidence.

8. Graham looked to be ball playing a bit more. Great pass for elliots try.

9. Another good game from brenko. I know, i know, he had a few shockers, but he also had some good touches. he has only had the offseason to gel with the side, and he will get better and better. I think he will prove to be a good buy.

10. Really sad to see our goal kicking go out the window after holland went off, ( i bet we all want him back in the side next week ) but i really enjoyed seeing mariner on the field for almost a whole game. Wasnt spectacular but did pull of a massive tackle to give us the ball back after eastwood had it stolen. Good to see he lasted the whole game too. Should have eastwoods position next week in my opinion.

11. No brain snaps from reynolds!

12. After 2 losses our for and against is only -10, and we have lost against 2 very good football teams, and managed to gold our own in both games.

This football team has a long way to, but we showed some good spirit and persistence today, and showed some enterprise with the ball in hand.

GO THE DOGGIES!!!!!!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
28 points excellent defence.
Excellent feet for hands.
Love the thread keep the positives up.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
4. Bar one kick, i think Mbye kicked well. Nice high kicks that allowed plenty of time for our defense to arrive and put pressure on them.

9. Another good game from brenko. I know, i know, he had a few shockers, but he also had some good touches. he has only had the offseason to gel with the side, and he will get better and better. I think he will prove to be a good buy.

12. After 2 losses our for and against is only -10, and we have lost against 2 very good football teams, and managed to gold our own in both games.
Did you even watch the game.
M'bye was shit.
Lee was worse than shit.
At this rate our F/A will be -120 at the end of the season.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can see where the positive come from but the fact is we will always struggle to win because of our halves, hooker and our outside backs (1,2,5).
1. Our halves offer nothing
2. Our backs even the Morris twins now have horrid positional play, we cannot contest kicks wether it be in attack or defence, Hopoate is the worst for this.
Also if we look back over the 2016 season and this season, i would be very confident in saying we are 100% the team with the most 40-20's conceded.
Wether that comes down to fatigue, not talking or simply switching off im not sure, but it needs urgent attention.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I just add

1. Our halves can't kick, pass, take the line on or read the play
2. Eastwood makes a good tackle and then is puffed like he has just had 10 ciggies
3. Tolman makes 3m per hitup
4. Lichaa is shit
5. Grahams pay packet is taking the piss
6. Our goal kicking is diabolical

Should I go on?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I just add

1. Our halves can't kick, pass, take the line on or read the play
2. Eastwood makes a good tackle and then is puffed like he has just had 10 ciggies
3. Tolman makes 3m per hitup
4. Lichaa is shit
5. Grahams pay packet is taking the piss
6. Our goal kicking is diabolical

Should I go on?

Mbye doesn't do f all
Outside backs never contest high balls
Klemmer has turned to shit.. half the player he used to be

Keeep going please lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Isis was a band of bulldog supporters who had enough. Isis exploded in 2013. And that's when we became shit. Coincidence? I think not.

Disclaimer: My accusation and opinion is based on purely fictional purposes please laugh.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Isis was a band of bulldog supporters who had enough. Isis exploded in 2013. And that's when we became shit. Coincidence? I think not.

Disclaimer: My accusation and opinion is based on purely fictional purposes please laugh.

NECT MINT: el beghdadi wearing bulldogs gear in his next ISIS video.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NECT MINT: el beghdadi wearing bulldogs gear in his next ISIS video.
Fuk me I'm done hahahaha.
Hasler will be mentioned for a beheading and raelene will be stoned for whoring off the bulldogs.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuk me I'm done hahahaha.
Hasler will be mentioned for a beheading and raelene will be stoned for whoring off the bulldogs.
Mbye would have to pay double tax

one for being non muslim and the other for impersonating as a half and a goal kicker.

Pavdogg

Waterboy
Reaction score
I agree with some of your points except the kicking game part. The rooster did nearly two 40-20s, some pin point cross field attacking kicks for tries and their bombs were high enough to put our backs under massive pressure. OUR kicks on the other hand were the same kick all night. Shitty uncontested bombs which were easy to catch. That was the difference tonight (and the goalkicking and injuries)

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How the hell can you all demand change to our structures and then bag the shit out of the team when they change it up but dont have 100% perfection in how they do it??!! Seriously guys, try and remove your negativity goggles.
Im not suggesting the team is perfect and every player is amazing, im simply pointing out there were a lot of positives.

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How the hell do u stay positive our halves will never gel if they dont get it by now its not happening it will cost us 7out10 games our defense is what saves us but even that its not so solid for the full 80min,strongly believe some player's need to be dropped and moved into position suited,its the only chance we are going to have,there running game is a joke and wtf is the go with those hospital passes,surely its not in the game plan to look stupid THE WHOLE CLUB NEEDS TO WAKE UP AND ACT NOW we have young talent give them a crack because what we have doesn't work its been to long with this shit house football that has been served

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you even watch the game.
M'bye was shit.
Lee was worse than shit.
At this rate our F/A will be -120 at the end of the season.
Mbye wasnt amazing, he had one shocker of a kick too. But he did kick pretty well overall in my opinion. All of his kicks were high in the air and our defense was on them as soon as they caught it. Then our defense aimed up and kept their line speed up.
I think the new attacking structures are a work in process and they will improve as the season goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.