Finch swears off ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
how proffesional athletes drink, get plastered and smoke and go out all night every weekend astounds me too.
I agree to an extent but your body recovers from a night out drunk. Smoking permanently screws up your immune system and breathing.

I know alcohol can come back to cause liver damage later in life, but after your footy career is well and truly over.

Still disagree with them getting to the point of being passed out like Sonny basically was. They are young guys and will go out drinking but should be a bit more responsible to the point they maybe get drunk, but not paralytic.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
Smoking is wrong full stop. It should be made illegal.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
It doesn't send a good message to young kids!
Players from all codes should learn that responsibility and being a role model is not an option.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
I agree to an extent but your body recovers from a night out drunk. Smoking permanently screws up your immune system and breathing.

I know alcohol can come back to cause liver damage later in life, but after your footy career is well and truly over.

Still disagree with them getting to the point of being passed out like Sonny basically was. They are young guys and will go out drinking but should be a bit more responsible to the point they maybe get drunk, but not paralytic.
binge drinking is not that easy to recover from tho. it takes more than just one night's sleep.

there are plenty of codes in the world where drinking is banned during the season. which is extreme, but i reckon the player's would be so much fitter.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Players from all codes should learn that responsibility and being a role model is not an option.
totally agree.

people that don't realise this are just ignorant imo.

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
When i first read this thread title i though.. OMG HE CAME OUT ABOUT BEING GAY lol

BumAcid

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how proffesional athletes drink, get plastered and smoke and go out all night every weekend astounds me too.

A couple of lines and away they go.....what drug problem?

JuStINcReDIbLe.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
finch swears off ****?

he did that the minute he signed for parra from the roosters

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I haven't really got a problem with the players smoking, socially or not or whatever,
Doesnt send a good message out to the kids?
pffft... as far as I know smoking ISNT illegal, and I hate this role model garbage...

I don't liek finch but as long as parra were happy with it who cares? but reading the article Hagan had a chat to him about it, finch says "My bad" and we all go home happy.

But the obvious point is this, As a professional athlete, smoking would just be VERY, VERY, VERY you get the point, VERY unwise.

That Girl

Waterboy
Reaction score
**** are all good if your in form BUT then those in that much form wouldn't dare touch that ewwys stuff!

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I know of at least one or two Cowboys who smoke and Matty Bowen is one of the very few Aboriginees who doesn't smoke or drink (unlike all the parkies around town - Leesee knows what im talking about)

Status
Not open for further replies.