Finals Week 1 - Bulldogs vs Manly

Bulldogs v Sea Eagles [Predictions]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

doggzfan4lyf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Devastated I can not attend this game as I will be in New York, But will be watching it from there 5:30am in my Bulldogs jersey, Lets do this Canterbury!!!!

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im GEEE'd for next week bring on Manly going to be a huge game

matt78

Waterboy
Reaction score
guys here are some stats from last night - manly/gc

penalties 7-3 gc
possesion 57-43% gc
75 extra tackles made by manly
36 times more gc were tackled in opposing attacking 20m
choc rested for the last 45mins of the game

and they still won away , pressure game to seal top 4...

not bad , this team is no easy feat like most posts here !!!

it will be a tough game - margin 1-6 either way

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
guys here are some stats from last night - manly/gc

penalties 7-3 gc
possesion 57-43% gc
75 extra tackles made by manly
36 times more gc were tackled in opposing attacking 20m
choc rested for the last 45mins of the game

and they still won away , pressure game to seal top 4...

not bad , this team is no easy feat like most posts here !!!

it will be a tough game - margin 1-6 either way
I don't think anyone thinks it will be easy. It's gonna be a real grind and a very physical encounter. I expect a low score, like u said, margin 1-6. Those stats above are actually pretty similar to most of our games. Always lose the penalty count. Usually less tackles in Opp 20 and possession quite often against us.

Just bring on game day. I can't wait all week

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be close. The side with the best discipline and attitude will win. That comes down to the coach. And guess who has the best coach in the game.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Bring on the mofos, they wont beat us!

S

sneakyprick

We split our games this year 1 a piece. Snake may have been missing but we were down a half and one of our best props and u still couldn't win. It's gonna be a great game that's for sure. It's certainly gonna be a long week waiting for the game
The game we lost we were not anywhere near our best, we had Snake out, Foran was fresh back from a long term injury and was clearly playing on one leg and Trex had no match fitness. We are playing much better now, you guys are in for a reality check come Friday.

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
Everybody calma down lol The Doggfather is jus The Doggfather and I'm pretty sure has little ones of he's own.

eighteen18

Waterboy
Reaction score
Well done Doggie fans. Will be a great game next week with both sides near full strength. Im very confident of a Manly victory but good luck anyway.
don't forget your empty beer cans so you can throw them at us when we kick your ass again just like at brookvale.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Back on topic:

Bulldogs v Manly in Friday final

DateSeptember 2, 2012 - 12:47PMRead later

Des Hasler's minor premiers Canterbury will face Geoff Toovey's defending champions Manly in a Friday night blockbuster to kick off the 2012 NRL finals series.

In the first qualifying final, confirmed by the NRL on Sunday, the Bulldogs meet the Sea Eagles at ANZ Stadium at 7.45pm (AEST) on Friday.

It's a mouthwatering match-up that pitches Bulldogs coach Hasler against the team he coached to two premierships before walking out on Manly at the end of last year.

In the second qualifying final, second-placed Melbourne will host third-placed South Sydney at 5.45pm (AEST) on Saturday at AAMI Park in Melbourne.

The two winners from the qualifying finals earn a week-off and the right to play a preliminary final in their home city.

The full schedule for week one of the playoffs will be released later on Sunday after the relevant round 26 fixtures are completed and final finishing positions are known.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
this much we know Manly appear to be a one man team, where as the Bulldogs need to man up. A side note to our advertising department PLEASE no whitty slogan T-shirts.

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
lol did you even watch the game? Manly were in cruise control the second half, only did what they had too. Manly never put on big scorelines like some other teams, they save it for the finals where they lift a few gears.
You suck man.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the whole grudge match thing is off the mark. We have done it twice. As manly fans we have had chance to vent our towards des. Now it becomes something more important it's all about the big prize. Your in our way and were in yours. It will be some game
Well get out of our way then lol!!! I'm getting so nervous already! It has a grand final feel about it. I have a feeling though that the loser will be eliminated in week 2

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question I want answered is will Dene Halatau will be named or not. It would be a risk, in my opinion. Have him play in NSW Cup first week? Maybe. After the game against Roosters, you would think Payne cemented his spot in the team. He would have most likely been the likely candidate for Halatau to replace. You wouldn't drop Stagg or Jackson. I would say Finucane would be most likely to drop off Bench for Halatau, however, Finucane plays more in the middle of the field, whilst Halatau plays more on the edge.

Also, not sure if anyone else has thought of it or posted elsewhere, but this year we have 1 game in each state, NSW, ACT, Victoria and Queensland. Means it should be a sellout really for all games in my opinion. every state should be satisfied.

The reason I believe we can go all the way this year, is our depth. We have hardly any serious injuries, barring Hodkinson, now that Halatau is back in the frame. Pretty much if any serious injuries happen in the finals, we will have a fair solid, experience campaigner to come into the squad. Romelo, Goodwin, Taupau, MacDougall just to name the main ones. Sure, if a Barba, Graham, Pritchard or Reynolds got injured, it would be hard to replace, but compared to the depth that the other 8 teams have, if one of their key players got injured, aka Cameron Smith, Greg Inglis or Brett Stewart, they would not be able to replace them with another experienced campaigner, in my opinion.

Nothing will stop us from making it to the Grand Final.

P

Paint.

The question I want answered is will Dene Halatau will be named or not. It would be a risk, in my opinion. Have him play in NSW Cup first week? Maybe. After the game against Roosters, you would think Payne cemented his spot in the team. He would have most likely been the likely candidate for Halatau to replace. You wouldn't drop Stagg or Jackson. I would say Finucane would be most likely to drop off Bench for Halatau, however, Finucane plays more in the middle of the field, whilst Halatau plays more on the edge.

Also, not sure if anyone else has thought of it or posted elsewhere, but this year we have 1 game in each state, NSW, ACT, Victoria and Queensland. Means it should be a sellout really for all games in my opinion. every state should be satisfied.

The reason I believe we can go all the way this year, is our depth. We have hardly any serious injuries, barring Hodkinson, now that Halatau is back in the frame. Pretty much if any serious injuries happen in the finals, we will have a fair solid, experience campaigner to come into the squad. Romelo, Goodwin, Taupau, MacDougall just to name the main ones. Sure, if a Barba, Graham, Pritchard or Reynolds got injured, it would be hard to replace, but compared to the depth that the other 8 teams have, if one of their key players got injured, aka Cameron Smith, Greg Inglis or Brett Stewart, they would not be able to replace them with another experienced campaigner, in my opinion.

Nothing will stop us from making it to the Grand Final.
Last year it was a NZ, NSW, QLD and Vic

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Hi guys

1 - congrats on the minor premiership, and taking out all three grades (I believe) a great accomplishment. Shows that your club is set for good things for years to come.
2 - Enjoy the finals, I believe you will go deep into the finals, and more than likely we will meet twice
3 - I was also going to say I hope the trolls stay under the bridge - but that seems a little late

Next Friday night (it would have to be a Friday surely) will be a cracker.
Thanks mate. Good to hear from a Manly fan with a bit of humility.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Did Reynolds finish the game against Roosters and is he on report for spear tackle?

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Hey all,

Does anyone know how much Category 2 seats will cost for the game.

Ticktek at the moment says $30.00 - $115.00 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.