Official Finally Truth!

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FUN & WINNING GAMES
✍ Danny Weidler

Canterbury general manager Phil Gould can look after himself when it comes to media attacks on him and his club. In the past week, he has been the subject of a whispering campaign with lies being distributed in viral text messages designed to undermine Gould and some of his key relationships at the club.

The Bulldogs are also aware of media interest in the departure of some people from the club. One element of the texts that is not true has been given air time by the media, so it is lucky coach Cameron Ciraldo has a steel about him not many are aware of.

Ciraldo has had to endure a campaign, fuelled by texts, that he does not pick his teams. Instead, it is claimed Gould chooses teams. But Ciraldo is choosing teams. Gould doesn’t even attend selection meetings.

When it came to announcing the team for Friday’s 30-26 upset win over the Roosters, Ciraldo said to the group with a smile as Gould watched on: “Gus, why don’t you announce the team since you picked it?”

It is interesting to read criticism levelled at Gould for recruitment and failing to land players in key positions. Gould knows better than anyone where the club is deficient and tried to sign Jarome Luai and Addin Fonua-Blake. I have been told by sources with knowledge of the situation that Luai indicated to some at the Bulldogs he was heading to Belmore. For whatever reason, he opted to go to the Tigers.

Gould has landed some big signings, such as Stephen Crichton, Viliame Kikau, Josh Curran and Reed Mahoney. Gould also signed Ciraldo. The club also has a strong line of players coming through the juniors. In time, things will change for the club and commitment to Ciraldo’s program is starting to bear fruit.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whether the club is winning or losing there are always haters of our great club.. Seen it happen in the 80s 90s and 00s .. Same dribble just different media names and mediums used. Gould was there during the Woks time and learnt so much under Bullfrog and the calibre of leadership and commercial acumen is clear for all to see.. Ciro is going to be no doubt our next premiership winning coach.
Excited to watch the next 6 years of Dogs as we will be a juggernaut again.

Juniorluke

Waterboy
Reaction score
The bigger question is why? Why do Rothfield Read and Kent have an obsession with destabilising the club?
Ciraldo by all accounts is a nice man so it’s bizarre the media would try to discredit him.

I suppose it’s all to try and make Gould look bad.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The bigger question is why? Why do Rothfield Read and Kent have an obsession with destabilising the club?
Ciraldo by all accounts is a nice man so it’s bizarre the media would try to discredit him.

Who employs and pays them? There's your answer :grinning:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This agenda has been happening for two and half decades...
It's the evil empire News Lies un-Ltd made worse by some selfish power hungry people at the club,
Thank god for the diehard Bulldog John Khoury and the currant board for bringing in people like Warburton, Gould and now Driussi...It never fails unity is strength !!!
Where are the Powder Puffs now :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It's not all about Gould !
Without repeatedly going into details it goes back to the fallout of the super league war, then our support for Souffs to be reinstated made it worse for us...We became their target and still are !!!

Last edited:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It is past the point where some of the bullshit being circulated about the club and gould has to be addressed, it is clearly a vendetta disguised as journalism.

The best way to silence the rubbish is with success on the field.
If ur intentionally destabilising an individuals career on known falsehoods, I’m referring to ciraldo. Is there potential defamation in play. I don’t know why you would death ride someone intentionally, when he’s just trying to do hes job in peace. Really poor form

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nonsense, this is all a big smokescreen, only dweeble knows the truth and he'll produce the best copy paste job you've ever seen to prove it :tonguewink:

RXDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't think it needs to be said but Buzz Rothfield starts all the bullshit about the dogs.
The sooner he is falls off his drunk little perch the better the world will be....sorry Read and Kent will then takeover.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who gives a fcuk whose picking the team.. I'd prefer they actually work together on it rather than one bloke make the calls anyway.

As long as they make the best calls for the club going forward and not their egos who gives a flip?