Final Siren for Beau Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Beau Ryan walked out of Remondis Stadium on Saturday night knowing he had possibly played his last game

The Sharks winger suffered a recurrence of a neck injury that required off-season surgery against his old club Wests Tigers.

X-rays over the next few days will determine his future but the Sharks are fearing the worst.

The 29-year-old winger has struggled and looked timid in his handful of appearances for the club this season.

Read more at the Daily Telegraph

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/final-siren-for-beau-ryan-13399/#ixzz327RJEbp0

Never really stood out as a player, lucky to be still in FG if you ask me.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
whether or not this was his last NRL game Fatty will always have a place for him on the footy show. Beau Knows neck surgery (sorry I couldn't help myself) Best of luck Beau.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Unlucky though if he spent training and conditioning his body more then doing stuff for the footy maybe he would of been a better/stronger player

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he doesn't really want to be playing anymore anyway.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he doesn't really want to be playing anymore anyway.
Yeah it looks like it, he moves out of the way when bigger backs run at him now lol

He doesn't look 29 to me, he is doing a good job at looking young though!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
X-Rays have already cleared him of anything too bad but Doctors have told him that he should take a break from the game just in case.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Does Beau play League? I thought he was just an un-funny prick on an un-funny show.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably the luckiest guy to ever play Rugby LEague in the last 10 years lol.

So mediocre. Just nothing doing there. Not sure what he did in the lower grades to stay at the top level for so long.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably the luckiest guy to ever play Rugby LEague in the last 10 years lol.

So mediocre. Just nothing doing there. Not sure what he did in the lower grades to stay at the top level for so long.
To be fair in his last year at the Tigers he was very consistent and reliable on the wing and at fullback when required, but he's always had his limitations. Made a great break on the weekend against the Tigers only for Jonathan Wright to knock it on at the play the ball.

Malla

Reaction score
Tbh, he was never a good league player. He was lucky to find himself playing first grade for Tigers and even get a contract with Sharks. What was smart about Beau was he probably recognised he wasn't going to have a long career, so he carved out a career in the media. Thought about life during and after footy which is something a lot of the players struggle to do these days.

I like him. He will be hosting the footy show soon.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope he keeps trying, nobody likes seeing players hang up their boots early.
He did some good things at the Tigers, he is capable.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He can make way for someone who actually wants to play.

N

Natboy

I think he's been a better player than some of you give him credit for

N

Natboy

I'm not saying he was poor, just that he focused more on comedy.
I meant more blaqdog mate but I agree. He's a pretty handy player when he wants to be but he seems more focused on his future in TV than his footy. Neck injuries are tough though

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
29 years old .. there's still time for a career at Newcastle in him!

Average player made to look better by those playing around him.

He might be rubbish, but Jamie Soward has the last laugh in their feud, as he's still playing and fit.

Now he can spend more time off he field trying to be funny, and with his wife.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still laugh when he tried to tackle Manu Vatuvei the previous weekend. He didn't even have a go & literally jumped out of the way!

When that happens its time to give it away...

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
In all seriousness the comments here are much kinder/ sensible than you would read elsewhere (e.g. Facebook NRL gossip).

I find this in general. Bulldogs fans are the best.

And I do agree Malla, it's so easy for a very average player to fade out but he has done the right thing by himself and used his other 'talents' to make something out of this game. It's hard to criticize him fro that (unless he was taking a first grade spot on your team $$ haha).

Status
Not open for further replies.