Fighting fanatics with a bikini

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

D0ggyStylz

Figured the newsroom most appropriate for this....

MISS World hopeful Sabrina Houssami says she will defy Muslim teaching and wear a swimsuit in her bid to win the crown next month.
The university student, 20, yesterday rejected criticism by local Muslim leaders after they condemned beauty pageants as "a slur on Islam''.

Ms Houssami, a Muslim Australian from Georges Hall in Sydney's southwest, said while her religion was a "private matter'', her charity work for the pageant made her a ``positive role model for all young women''.

"I try to treat people well and I don't see why wearing a swimsuit in a contest which raises so much money for charity would be against the rules,'' she said yesterday.

Ms Houssami, who has raised $1.2 million for charity as part of her pageant bid said her record of public service was fitting as it was "one of the pillars of Islam''.

But Muslim leaders have criticised beauty pageant contestants for putting their "modesty'' on display.

Melbourne cleric Sheik Mohammed Omran criticised aspiring model Ayten Ahmet, 16, after she recently entered the Miss Teen Australia pageant as a role model for teenagers.

Sheik Mohammed caused outrage this year when he claimed the US Government was behind the September 11 attacks and declared Osama bin Laden an innocent man.

"The teachings of the Prophet and the Holy Koran do not encourage a girl to go out and uncover her modesty in public,'' he said of Ms Ahmet.

Ms Ahmet, a Muslim of Turkish heritage, said she had not entered the contest to make a religious statement.

The Australian Federation of Islamic Councils stopped short of defending her yesterday.

"There are parts of this story that Islam allows and parts it prohibits,'' AFIC president Rahim Ghauri said.

A Muslim group called for Miss Indonesia to face indecency charges when she wore a bikini last month.

The women's chapter of the Islamic Defenders Front wanted Indonesian authorities to prosecute Nadine Chandrawinata, claiming she "intentionally and openly engaged in indecency'' by taking part.

Meanwhile, Ms Houssami go to a lunch with Premier Morris Iemma tomorrow, before flying out for the pageant finals in Poland on Thursday.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20284823-5001021,00.html

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBT said:
She's an ugly scrubba!
"No, I will not have hot wild and passionate sex with you ugly scrubba..."

PFFFFTTTTTTTT... I don't see that happening...

It's a pointless comment... It is like people who look at a WRX and says "I don't like them, they are crap cars"... But I bet you if I threw you the keys you'd love thrashing the absolute shit out of it! :p

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good and Valid Point, id love to thrash her, i mean the WRX

TBT

The Bitter Truth
Reaction score
dvsbastard said:

It's a pointless comment... It is like people who look at a WRX and says "I don't like them, they are crap cars"... But I bet you if I threw you the keys you'd love thrashing the absolute **** out of it! :p
It's not a pointless comment.... she's still an ugly scrubba....

I never said I would'nt poke her ;)

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
dvsbastard said:

It's a pointless comment... It is like people who look at a WRX and says "I don't like them, they are crap cars"... But I bet you if I threw you the keys you'd love thrashing the absolute **** out of it! :p
lolol @ thrashing. as long as u dont burn the cluth & gearbox..

i'm sure this talk of thrashing this pretty girl, will go down well with muslim clerics who oppose what she is doing, for the exact same reason, that she will become a sexual object of desire for men.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
They will probably stone her to death!!

But i rekon, good on her!!! And she is not to bad IMO!!

Safz

Waterboy
Reaction score
BootS said:
They will probably stone her to death!!

But i rekon, good on her!!! And she is not to bad IMO!!
In Islam only adulterers are stoned to death...that is strictly a man/woman who is married and has sex with somebody other than their spouse.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Safz said:
In Islam only adulterers are stoned to death...that is strictly a man/woman who is married and has sex with somebody other than their spouse.
Ahh, yes, i did watch a documentary on that on the discovery channel. They stoned to death a 16 year old girl who had been sleeping with an older man, nothing happened to the man though, he sat in his car and watched her die.

blue&gold

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i dont care what anyone says, she is real pretty.

mareeta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I say good on her for doing what she wants to and not letting religion dictate

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBT said:
She's an ugly scrubba!

jesus christ! LOL

get off your pedestal mate!...unless you are really rich or hot you arnt going to get any loving with your incredibly high standards!!!!!

good luck with finding a prettier girl that would want a judgemental man like yourself.

i think she is pretty ( not hot, and definately NOT a "scrubba! ")

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's a friend of mine's cousin. Needless to say I've been extra friendly to this friend since I found out about her cousin....

Roozy

princess
Reaction score
~KuRrY MuNcHa~ said:
jesus christ! LOL

get off your pedestal mate!...unless you are really rich or hot you arnt going to get any loving with your incredibly high standards!!!!!

good luck with finding a prettier girl that would want a judgemental man like yourself.

i think she is pretty ( not hot, and definately NOT a "scrubba! ")
Just because he doesn't find her attractive it doesn't mean he has high standards or is being judgemental ffs. Not everyone finds the same people attractive, I don't think there is anything wrong with her but personally I don't find her attractive either.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Roozy said:
Just because he doesn't find her attractive it doesn't mean he has high standards or is being judgemental ffs. Not everyone finds the same people attractive, I don't think there is anything wrong with her but personally I don't find her attractive either.
btw quit the jealous roo...its pretty unattractive :p

Roozy

princess
Reaction score
Lol you haven't thought of a better comeback yet jay jay?! :p

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good luck to her.
what an outstanding example she sets for young
Australian women, and she's a good sort to boot!!

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roozy said:
Ummmm... There is an ever so slight difference between considering someone "unnattractive" and "an ugly scrubba"... If that is ugly, then what the hell passes as ordinary looking?

C

Cookie^Monstah

lol @ the attention she is getting.

if she wasn't a muslim girl no1 would give a rats. (from the media that is, not ppl on here)
And those so-called leaders aren't exactly leaders....hell i'm muslim n have no idea who the hell they are. And tbh the whole religious concept is to have modesty, if she chooses to falunt what she has then thats her choice and she can do whatever she wants, i really don't care.

p.s. i've seen so many better girls then here :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.