Fifita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's to prevent people in prominent positions of society becoming intermediates for criminals.

So it only really applies to figures in the public space.

Fifita is a public figure and dumb enough to be encouraged to help out criminals. Thus the consorting laws.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some of you guys don't understand the consorting warning.
It's not because you're hanging out with a criminal, it's because the criminal in question has links to organized crime, and because the person in question has the potential to be influenced, which could jeopardize the integrity of something of public interest.
You can't be warned for consorting with someone who has been convicted of a crime, and doesn't have links to organized crime.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Listening to news reports about this whole sordid incident and it seems the NRL are not at all impressed with the way Andrew Fifita has conducted himself in relation to his interview with the integrity commission. ( Big Sports Breakfast Brent Read interview)

According to Read, apparently Fifita was very hostile, argumentative and non co-operative when interviewed by the integrity commission last Monday at Sharks leagues club. Karyn Murphy the integrity unit officer who interviewed him will not be in a position to hand down the full findings until well into next week, meaning that although the NRL was indicating that perhaps he should be stood down this week, Cronulla would not entertain that idea.

His own club still maintains that the F stood for "For", out of line with what was previously reported. According to Read, Fifita himself has changed his story in regards to the exact meaning of the inscription on the wrist band.

He has a track record for being a mug off field and certain people have called for his list of previous misdemeanours to be taken into account when looking at a resolution to this matter.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ru...n/news-story/235c7bb686a11a3bc83c30f261cf380e

On top of his niggly tactics on the field, which have received plenty of criticism from NRL greats, including Sterling, Fifita has cast the NRL in a poor light when he was questioned by police over an alleged road rage incident in 2014 and again when he was suspended last year for abusing a referee at a junior rugby league match.

Fifita was also issued with a consorting notice by NSW police, warning him not to continue consorting with criminals.

He has been called a boof head by others for his behaviour now and in the past , this apology seems a bit to structured for my liking. ;)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-...ling-for-kieran-loveridge-to-be-freed/7809906
"I fully understand and accept the seriousness of the crime committed by Loveridge, the devastating impact it has had on the Kelly family and the need for Loveridge to serve his time," the 27-year-old State Of Origin representative said.

"I want to extend my sincere apologies to the Kelly family for any distress caused to them by having this tragic matter back in the media."

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
They won't stand him down. If they do and Taumalolo plays Sharks fans will riot.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They won't stand him down. If they do and Taumalolo plays Sharks fans will riot.
Cronulla Riot....?

The NRL casts a poor light over itself, it really doesn't need idiot players to do it for them.
They need to watch the AFL and conduct themselves the same way those aerial ping pong fuckers do.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No, as usual everything has been put on hold due to the finals series. It will all be dealt with after the season is concluded, like always ,when they hope that people will have forgotten.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Stood down for what? He has every right to support a mate. Maybe Will Hoppa should also be stood down for visiting his brother and supporting him, JAC is another player...actually there are plenty of players that have links to people currently locked away, lets ban them all tbh.
Lol you can support him but don't do it publicly how would you like it if it was you kid that got killed by this scum bag.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cronulla Riot....?

The NRL casts a poor light over itself, it really doesn't need idiot players to do it for them.
They need to watch the AFL and conduct themselves the same way those aerial ping pong fuckers do.
To be fair, whatever qualities afl players have, are more than undone by their fans.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a criminal in the making.
In the making? I have heard from someone very reliable that the twins are big trouble when they get together and there are a few more stories that have never seen the light of day regarding them. Needless to say certain people are very happy that David has gone overseas and they are separated so that neither have an influence on each other. Self destructive behaviour was the term used. What I heard makes me wonder if the story regarding compassionate reasons for him leaving Cronulla were indeed true.

Dodged a big one when Andrew opened his mouth and announced his deal with us before the club had dotted the I's and crossed the T's. Could you imagine the outrage if he had been playing for the Dogs when all his crap went down?

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Piece of shit should be stood down for the rest of the year for who he was visiting.

He was visiting that fuckstain that brutally murdered Thomas Kelly and laughed about it in court. The same fuckstain who beat the shit out of a bloke whilst in prison.
Could not have said it better myself Mr I.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would be very disappointed if this low life ever played SOO or for Australia again. an absolute Germ and to think he has children makes me cringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.