few obvious signings/players positions

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We have THREE players who play well and put in week in and week out that is Elliott, DWZ & Hoppa THAT's it.
So before we can go the market to sign the "four quality players" Pay is talking about the club has some hard decisions to make on who they are going to retain, a Ricky Stuart Parramatta like powerpoint presentation is required after 30 June.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did he. I must have missed that. Please enlighten me. When did he make that statement?
sure thing.....

2018 -

I'm contracted here at the moment and I could never see myself leaving, I love the club," Klemmer said.

"I was a supporter of the club as a kid, it would be hard to leave.

"It's frustrating to hear but I could never leave this club," Klemmer siad.

"It's hard to hear but I've just got to keep turning up here.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have THREE players who play well and put in week in and week out that is Elliott, DWZ & Hoppa THAT's it.
So before we can go the market to sign the "four quality players" Pay is talking about the club has some hard decisions to make on who they are going to retain, a Ricky Stuart Parramatta like powerpoint presentation is required after 30 June.
Almost everyone on contract for 2021 will be with us for next year. We still have to re-sign Elliott and the board/recruitment team don't really have a choice because he's one of our best players ability, attitude and effort wise. I think it's similar to Jackson last year but even more so.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Almost everyone on contract for 2021 will be with us for next year. We still have to re-sign Elliott and the board/recruitment team don't really have a choice because he's one of our best players ability, attitude and effort wise.
Yeah agree.
I know he is asking $600k.
May have to pay it, may get away with a bit less.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah agree.
I know he is asking $600k.
May have to pay it, may get away with a bit less.
600k for Elliot, thats laughable.

average player who looks good in a shocking team. yes he has improved but hes not elite, we have an elite lock whose just come from England.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

average player who looks good in a shocking team. yes he has improved but hes not elite, we have an elite lock whose just come from England.
At that price we would have zero competition trying to retain him..

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At that price we would have zero competition trying to retain him..
competition??? lol, the guy is average, not worth a dime over $300k, he would not be starting lock/second rower at eels, knights, roosters, panthers, raiders, tigers, sharks, storm, eagles, Brisbane.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

So Arrow at the Titans is a fake? He just looks good because he's in a shocking team too?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
competition??? lol, the guy is average, not worth a dime over $300k, he would not be starting lock/second rower at eels, knights, roosters, panthers, raiders, tigers, sharks, storm, eagles, Brisbane.
Yeah.... that’s why I said we wouldn’t have any competition trying to retain him at that price cause it’s significant overs... hope you can comprehend I was agreeing not disagreeing there...

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone wants us to sign Burton but he’s signed until the end of 2021

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Throw the bank at B Smith.

We won't get Grant so with all the commotion around C Smith and Grant and if we throw in JMK we should get some traction.

He will be offered starting 9 and instant leadership group. Has experience and a bit of mongrel. A bit bigger than the modern 9's but a good solid base for Wakenham and Avarillo to bounce off.

Just the type of hard nosed player we need in the middle to give our young spine some much needed backbone

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Hey I've bagged the guy mercilessly in the past, and yes I agree it's hard to rap my head around big money for Elliott.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
sure thing.....

2018 -

I'm contracted here at the moment and I could never see myself leaving, I love the club," Klemmer said.

"I was a supporter of the club as a kid, it would be hard to leave.

"It's frustrating to hear but I could never leave this club," Klemmer siad.

"It's hard to hear but I've just got to keep turning up here.
Ok I stand corrected. I cant remember - was the wife's family from Newcastle way?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Then we'll re-sign him for cheaper.
Yeah that would be good I am not against Re-signing him. I don’t rate him as high as yourself but the issue I see is... if we sign Bateman and continue to play Ray on the edge Jacko is on too much dinero to sit on the bench plus he’s captain.... the plan is for him to go to lock.. the issue I think in all this is his manager wants too much $$$ and he’s only going to get good dollars if we don’t sign anyone. He’s a great impact player off the bench. He wouldn’t start at many clubs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah that would be good I am not against Re-signing him. I don’t rate him as high as yourself but the issue I see is... if we sign Bateman and continue to play Ray on the edge Jacko is on too much dinero to sit on the bench plus he’s captain.... the plan is for him to go to lock.. the issue I think in all this is his manager wants too much $$$ and he’s only going to get good dollars if we don’t sign anyone. He’s a great impact player off the bench. He wouldn’t start at many clubs.
11. Bateman
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

The problem is how do we fit Topine into the equation. From all reports he's another one we don't want to lose. RFM's an easy one, we either don't re-sign him or play him in the middle off the bench. Maybe signing Bateman isn't the smartest thing long term, we'll have to wait and see what they come up with. It's a massive headache tbh. I really don't want to lose Elliott tho.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Bateman and Elliott are in different categories to Jackson.
I don't think Bateman and Elliott are one dimensional like Jackson is.
If we were to compare Bateman with Kikau from last year (second row, average per game):

Kikau
Tries: 0.4*
Try Assists: 0.1
Linebreaks: 0.5*
Linebreak Assists: 0.1
Tackles: 23.6
Tackle Breaks: 3.8
Miss Tackles: 4.2
Offloads: 1.1
Errors: 1.1
Metres Gained: 123.6*
Penalties Conceded: 0.6

Bateman
Tries: 0.2
Try Assists: 0.2*
Linebreaks: 0.2
Linebreak Assists: 0.2*
Tackles: 34.6*
Tacklebreaks: 4.2*
Miss Tackles: 2*
Offloads: 1.9*
Errors: 0.4*
Metres Gained: 115
Penalties Conceded: 0.5*

As we can see from the stats, Bateman breaks a lot of tackles and offloads which creates second phase play. Overall Bateman is a better player than Kikau.

If I was to show you the comparison between Elliott and someone like Carrigan from the Broncos you'd also notice that Elliott probably isn't a workhorse (or at least just that).

I agree with what you're saying with Thompson and that's why I'd sign a metre eater forward, e.g. Welch, to compliment him. I also don't want to lose Elliott as I see it as a Finucane 2.0 situation. Elliott has been our best player this season and almost every game so I don't think we can afford to lose him.
Kikau and Wakeham combo would be insane. They looked slick last year in the test matches for fiji

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Throw the bank at B Smith.

We won't get Grant so with all the commotion around C Smith and Grant and if we throw in JMK we should get some traction.

He will be offered starting 9 and instant leadership group. Has experience and a bit of mongrel. A bit bigger than the modern 9's but a good solid base for Wakenham and Avarillo to bounce off.

Just the type of hard nosed player we need in the middle to give our young spine some much needed backbone
100% hes a beast that guy at 9 would b a terrific start

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
11. Bateman
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

The problem is how do we fit Topine into the equation. From all reports he's another one we don't want to lose. RFM's an easy one, we either don't re-sign him or play him in the middle off the bench. Maybe signing Bateman isn't the smartest thing long term, we'll have to wait and see what they come up with. It's a massive headache tbh. I really don't want to lose Elliott tho.
It is a headache but I think it’s one we need to have. We aren’t cutting the mustard at the moment in a few areas so we are trying to buy quality and experience. Bateman is expensive but he is a grand finalist and also an international. I’m sure having Thommo there only helps both of them... honestly the timing for Elliot being off contract works against him. I’m happy with Ray off the bench but I dare say if the rumour of the money Elliot is asking is anywhere near true well... not going to be a hard decision to cut him loose..