News Feelgood Stories at Christmas

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, at this time of the year it’s good to hear some positive stories where people are kind to each other. I’ll start off with a story that I found today. Also do any of you have a good story that you’ve heard at Christmas. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m sick of negative stories about how people have hurt or treated people at this time of year.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another story in America a few years ago, a multi millionaire used to go around to the poor and anonymously give $1000 bills. This went on for years until he passed away. Anyway someone found out that he did this so the estate he left has decided to continue his legacy on at Christmas time with the poor and needy. Another good story where it doesn’t hurt to be nice to each other.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good story mate. Mine isn’t a big deal, yet donated to salvos save Christmas appeal for aussies. Nothing major just $200, yet sick of being bombarded with adverts for all these struggling overseas people. Much rather my money be directed to the needy here.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good story mate. Mine isn’t a big deal, yet donated to salvos save Christmas appeal for aussies. Nothing major just $200, yet sick of being bombarded with adverts for all these struggling overseas people. Much rather my money be directed to the needy here.
Good one mate, it will mean a lot to the needy.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just found this on a website, don’t know the source though. “I was about 10 and my family was really struggling financially. It was a few days before Christmas and a stranger rang the doorbell and handed my dad a wrapped box. We all sat at the table and my parents opened it to find a envelope full of cash, as well as gift cards for myself and my three siblings. My parents asked all around to try to find out who did it but to this day we don't know”.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a bj while wearing a santa hat last Christmas. Does that count
Funny mate. What about you chimpster do you know any other feelgood stories? Something that meant something to someone in need?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny mate. What about you chimpster do you know any other feelgood stories? Something that meant something in need?
I was being serious, somewhat anyway.
Not particulary. I'm personally not a fan of Christmas and just see it as a commercial holiday with the only benefit being paid leave from work

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not particulary. I'm personally not a fan of Christmas and just see it as a commercial holiday with the only benefit being paid leave from work
That’s fair enough and everybody will feel their own way about things and whilst we shouldn’t need a holiday to remind us to be be kind to each other it is a really good time to wish people all the best and help those in need. It feels really good to give to somebody less fortunate.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RESTAURANT OFFERS FREE CHRISTMAS MEALS TO LONDON'S ELDERLY AND HOMELESS POPULATIONS
The holidays will be a little bit brighter this year for some of London’s lonelier residents, thanks to a Turkish restaurant opening its doors on Christmas Day. Shish Restaurant in southeast London posted a note on its window in November with the message: “No one eats alone on a Christmas Day! We are here to sit with you … Any homeless or elderly are welcomed.”

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries mate, each to their own. As long as you are happy and have a good break, no one could argue with that.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
ApeStarz,
Christmas is a religious holiday and the most important day on the calendar of the Christian and Mormon faiths after Easter.
How is it commercial.
And please don’t talk about Bjs.
Christmas thread. Kids. Keep it clean.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ApeStarz,
Christmas is a religious holiday and the most important day on the calendar of the Christian and Mormon faiths after Easter.
How is it commercial.
And please don’t talk about Bjs.
Christmas thread. Kids. Keep it clean.
The business world has commercialized pretty much every event in existence where profit can be generated. It doesn't matter if it's a religious occasion to people in a position to profit from it. If you can manipulate people's sentimentality to put a few dollars in the pocket, a business somewhere has worked out how to ride that emotion to the bank.

Even silly little things like "star wars" day. Nowadays on May the fourth, many star wars fans celebrate star wars day (may the force be with you). One of my friends found a bakery somewhere while on vacation that specially made and decorated cookies in a star wars theme for the day and promoted it heavily on the radio. My mate drove about an hour to buy these things. He's just a fan of everything star wars and when he showed up at the bakery there was even someone there in cosplay buying cookies.

Pointing out that something has been commercialized doesn't necessarily mean you're denying that others can see or celebrate it with enthusiasm. Nothing wrong with pointing out your view.